The LaSalle Network

Updated January 26, 2015
Updated January 26, 2015
4.1

Tom Gimbel

Pros
  • LaSalle Network offers an unbelievable culture made up of hard-working and genuine individuals (in 11 reviews)

• Our company culture is second to none, which was showcased by Crain (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • So for those who are looking for a great work/life balance, this might not be the place for you (in 4 reviews)

• This is a fast paced aggressive industry which takes hard work and dedication that may not be for everyone (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Great People

I worked at The LaSalle Network

Pros

The office culture is great. Youthful environment. Project management team consists of amazing women who are passionate about their jobs. Overall, a great experience.

Cons

There was a high-turnaround of Recruiters. Most are college students or recent grads trying to making a paycheck. The pay was low. There were no opportunities to move up from a Recruiter level considering most of us were only temp-to-hire employees.

Allow your Recruiters to be considered and feel an active part of the team.

Tremendous growth potential both as a company and on an individual professional level.

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at The LaSalle Network full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

A company culture where you can rely on and trust the person sitting next to you. A culture of peers that challenge each other and don't accept anything less than your best effort and expect a positive attitude, but understand when you've got stuff going on outside of your career. A senior management layer that is hands on, nurturing, and approachable. Vacation and compensation are generous, but the onus is on you to produce using the tools that you have available to you (continuing education, training, weekly meetings to discuss issues/successes with management and as a company). There are a lot of performance based incentives and tons of company outings.

Cons

I personally do not see any cons with the organization. However, I know from being in the industry for 3 years now that recruiting is not for everyone. Employees who have left or had a bad experience here have complained primarily about long hours, but in my evaluation those are people that expected a 9-5. The fact of the matter is, if you want to punch a clock, there are plenty of places for you to go do that. LaSalle Network is not one of those places. With that being said, we're not killing ourselves 60-90 hours per week. Most employees are in from 7:45 - 6:00 which is not even close to the type of long hours that many other sectors see as a normal aspect of the career path.

One of the greatest qualities about life at LaSalle Network is that if I do have any advice for Management, I can walk into their office and give it to them in person. So my only advice here is don't ever let that change.

LOL

Former Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at The LaSalle Network full-time (more than a year)

Pros

After working here, I know the type of work environment I never want to work in again

Cons

This is a direct quote from the owner of the company in an interview: "I think that too often people want to have a work/life balance and it's not what working is about. It's about putting your blood and sweat and tears into your organization or your company, whatever you're trying to accomplish. And if you're looking for how you can go on vacation or get away, then you're not in the right place."

-No 401k

-If you look at how many hours you are expected to work a week and compare it with your salary you will quickly realize you are below the minimum hourly wage.

None. Unfixable. Just an all around awful place from an employee perspective and candidate perspective

Love LaSalle!

Current Employee - Marketing & Public Relations in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Marketing & Public Relations in Chicago, IL

I have been working at The LaSalle Network full-time (more than a year)

Pros

LaSalle hires intelligent, hard working and genuinely nice people. I enjoy working with every single one of my colleagues and know that they would go above and beyond for me, both personally and professionally. Senior management is accessible and rewards you for your hard work. They provide opportunities for growth and development and genuinely want you to succeed.

Cons

Staffing is a tough industry. To succeed it takes hard work and long hours, and if it's not right for you, it's definitely not right for you.

Keep up the open communciation and continue rewarding employees for their hard work...it keeps us coming back for more!

Cool company, great place to work

Former Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at The LaSalle Network full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

LaSalle was a really cool company--everyone who works there genuinely seemed to LIKE what they do, and really like who they worked with! There were so many positive celebrations, awards, recognitions of employees doing well...they know how to motivate and they actually cared about me as a person, not just as an employee.

I've worked at another company and it was quite the opposite, culture wise. People didn't know their co-workers names, there was no recognition...it was just 8-5, clock in and clock out.

LaSalle is a place where if you put in the effort, you receive results (money, promotions etc.) and I think that's a pretty rare thing these days.

I left because I wanted to get out of recruiting, and more into the HR field. LaSalle helped me find a job!! An employer who helps you find a job when you tell them you are looking to leave for different opportunities? Does that happen!? Because it did to me. I'm very grateful for that...it was a very amicable departure.

Cons

There is no match for 401k.

Keep doing what you're doing--motivating people by acknowledging when someone is working hard, trying to improve etc. Don't get too big where you forget how important that is..it works!

Extremely positive, LaSalle Network has provided me with a lot of growth and professional opportunities.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at The LaSalle Network full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Energetic and enthusiastic company culture. Constant support from direct leadership and management, including an extremely involved CEO. Hands on experience with guidance but room to be independent and the autonomy to make your own decisions to be the best you can be. Work/life integration, LaSalle Network welcomes you like family and gets to know your family and life interests outside of work. LaSalle Network also throws some of the best company parties in the city of Chicago! Competitive compensation, you are rewarded for your work and ability to produce. Internal promotion and growth, I have been promoted and encouraged to take on new challenges and new opportunities.

Cons

The only con would be for those employees who do not want to work hard and for those who prefer to be average. You have to work hard to be good at your job at LaSalle Network and to make it because the entire company is made up of employees who are extremely motivated.

Keep doing what you are doing!

LaSalle Network is a fast-paced, fun, team environment.

I worked at The LaSalle Network full-time

Pros

Great training, fun company and people, real team/family feel. 'You get out what you put in' .

Cons

When it isn't for you, it really is not for you.

Higher up managers should do reviews of the lowest level managers by speaking with those on their team for real feedback. General team employees may have ideas or suggestions that are team-specific or manager specific that they may feel uncomfortable speaking with their direct manager about. Those at the 'top' should not lose their communication with those at the 'bottom'. It also helps improve the 'middle'.

Great place to work!

I worked at The LaSalle Network full-time

Pros

Intelligent and hard working staff: most people here are educated, smart, have an incredible work ethic, and care for/go above and beyond for their peers and coworkers.
    Great culture: working hard is rewarded, plus staff feels appreciated (parties, anniversary recognition, training, etc)
    Career advancement: relatively clear promotion track
    a lot of money to be made: work hard and if you're good at your job, you'll make great money
    Managers: many of whom have been in your shoes and all can provide training and development, as well as "outside the box" ideas
    Great retention and longevity (espeically for staffing)
    Great internal HR: LaSalle's internal HR team will blow you away... friendly, always available, great with employee relations.

Cons

Not LaSalle's fault, but staffing is just a roller coaster ride and not for everyone. It takes a tough person with thick skin in this industry.

Managers are great - continue and develop the internal promotion track, it's very motivating!

Stay away from Staffing Agencies if possible

Former Employee - Senior Admissions Advisor in Downers Grove, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Admissions Advisor in Downers Grove, IL

I worked at The LaSalle Network full-time (less than a year)

Pros

a job when I needed immediate help

Cons

no trust, when the assignment was over they challenged unemployment each chance they got.

Trust your people and understand that they want to work for the right reasons

Could be a lot more proactive finding placement for their recruits

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at The LaSalle Network as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Prompt payday paycheck, even will go to your assignment location to hand deliver your paycheck to you.

Cons

Not proactive at all about placing you in a full time position. I was placed in a temporary position in an assignment that lasted 8 months. During that time, I was never contacted by LaSalle about any full time opportunities available. When I followed up with them I was given the runaround saying 'we'll get back to you if anything opens up.' Nothing in 8 months time?

The LaSalle Network Photos