The Learning Experience

CEO

Great place to work ..

Former Employee - Assistant Teacher in Coppell, TX
    Former Employee - Assistant Teacher in Coppell, TX

I worked at The Learning Experience part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Working for such a company that have same vision that I have as far a early education goes is so wonderful. Pay was good I had great chances for advancement...

Cons

some days teacher call sick and we have more kids than we should . We need more substitute teachers I guess for those days...

I know its hard to find the right staff for such a great program and curriculum but please don't hire those who are here only because they need a job. Please hire only truly passionate people who really like to work for these families and young kids...

AWFUL!!!

I worked at The Learning Experience

Pros

The kids & parents

Cons

The owner is a total micromanager with absolutely no people skills & doesn't let the Director do their job. Tries to instill fear in the teachers, very demeaning & rude. Constantly running into rooms telling teachers what they need to be doing, when clearly they've had absolutely no childcare experience. Just because you have the money to own a daycare/preschool, doesn't mean you should.

Let you Director direct your school. Stay behind the scenes. Let your Director not only give the tours, but also the signing up of your potential parents. The abrasive nature shown by the owner, only scares folks away. Plus, the language barrier makes it difficult as well. It's hard to understand what is being said.

No Room for Advancement

Current Employee - Preschool Teacher
    Current Employee - Preschool Teacher

I have been working at The Learning Experience full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Fantastic school- bright, colorful, intelligent curriculum

Offered benefits & bonuses

Cons

Unprofessional staff- gossip to be expected in a building full of women, but that doesn't mean is should be stood for

Offer higher pay to those with a 4-year degree

Stop the cattiness of your employees

Be more professional/appropriate at the front desk- why are you swearing and talking about your night at the bar in a childcare facility?

"A culture of I Don't Know, I Don't Care, and I Want More"

I worked at The Learning Experience

Pros

The structure and concepts are beautiful.

Cons

There is a lack of training for any and all staff, this goes for regional and area managers as well. Also, none of the staff really want to be there, and the ones that do get treated badly. Also, most teachers, do not have an education background so those with backgrounds get frustrated and leave. Everyone socializes too much and there is a lot of side babysitting going on. It is hard to get straight answers about anyone about anything. The culture is very negative.

Follow the policies you put in place.

All of the reviews are pretty accurate.

I have been working at The Learning Experience

Pros

There are no pros about this company. This is the worst company I ever worked for. My coworkers all feel like slaves.

Cons

I worked at TLE for 3 years with no raise, everything you do is not good enough, it's a very stressful job, the company is very cheap there is never any school supplies or paper towels, gloves etc. My old manager was big on favoritism she gave all of her friends who were all new comers raises. It's just a depressing work environment.

Stop being so money hungry and appreciate your employees.

Nope

Current Employee - Preschool Teacher in West Chester, PA
    Current Employee - Preschool Teacher in West Chester, PA

I have been working at The Learning Experience full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The children, they make everyday brighter. The parents that truly care are great too. The classrooms have tons of windows which is nice, you don't feel cooped up all day. Also being to go outside twice a day is a great change of pace

Cons

the directors are money hungry. never have enough food for kids to have seconds, and the supplies, toys, books, nap materials are complete jokes. They are more concerned about your uniform then how the care of the children are.

Please, just don't.

Former Employee - Center Director in Concord, MA
    Former Employee - Center Director in Concord, MA

I worked at The Learning Experience full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Pretty centers, somewhat clean, well meaning staff and management. Wonderful for infants.

Cons

OMG I don't know where to start. The greed. Greed and children don't mix. Bumping/combining all to cut costs. State issues with licensing. Hard to go on interviews with this on my resume, to be completely honest. The curriculum has HUGE holes in it. HUGE. Like--umm, I don't know--RHYMING? Scope and sequence? Have no business in the industry.

If you're in Boca you should go collect garbage as penance.

AWFUL

I worked at The Learning Experience

Pros

There are no advantages of sending your child to this company. There are also no pros of working for this selfish company. I was there two years and all they think about is money and don't care about the children

Cons

They make you teach ridiculous "curriculum" and pay you pennies so corporate can sit back and cash in their paychecks. I was so disgusted working for this company. Words couldn't express how happy I was when I found a REAL teaching job and I was able to put my two weeks in. Within the last two months at my center 10 teachers quit. Corporate doesnt care about turnover. They also ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS bump children around to different classrooms to send teachers home early to save money! They will tell you one thing to your face and you will never know what they do. TERRIBLE COMPANY

No support

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at The Learning Experience full-time

Pros

The children, families, and co-teachers

Cons

No support from upper management. They are blame the staff instead of supporting them. Even when they follow company policy, it's always the staff members fault- very sad.

Good place for those seeking a career in early childhood education

I worked at The Learning Experience full-time

Pros

Helpful and supportive management. Management is encouraging and always there to give great advice on any issue pertaining to a specific child or classroom as a whole. They try their absolute best to accommodate time off requests and/or working around school schedules for those who are in high school, college or graduate school. Great place for parents of kids of all ages because programs, (daily) activities and curriculum are created with the kids best interest at heart. Good place to work for people who are considering or actively pursing a career in early childhood education. Very clean, bright, cheerful and nurturing environment.

Cons

Salary and benefits aren't the greatest which makes it difficult to stay long-term. Pay increases/raises are very rare. Working with the other teachers (in your classroom or in another) isn't always easy and in some instances, fighting is too often an occurrence which can hinder the successful running of the classroom.