The Learning Experience

Updated August 19, 2014
Updated August 19, 2014

2.1

CEO

Good place for those seeking a career in early childhood education

I worked at The Learning Experience full-time

Pros

Helpful and supportive management. Management is encouraging and always there to give great advice on any issue pertaining to a specific child or classroom as a whole. They try their absolute best to accommodate time off requests and/or working around school schedules for those who are in high school, college or graduate school. Great place for parents of kids of all ages because programs, (daily) activities and curriculum are created with the kids best interest at heart. Good place to work for people who are considering or actively pursing a career in early childhood education. Very clean, bright, cheerful and nurturing environment.

Cons

Salary and benefits aren't the greatest which makes it difficult to stay long-term. Pay increases/raises are very rare. Working with the other teachers (in your classroom or in another) isn't always easy and in some instances, fighting is too often an occurrence which can hinder the successful running of the classroom.

No Room for Advancement

Current Employee - Preschool Teacher
    Current Employee - Preschool Teacher

I have been working at The Learning Experience full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fantastic school- bright, colorful, intelligent curriculum

Offered benefits & bonuses

Cons

Unprofessional staff- gossip to be expected in a building full of women, but that doesn't mean is should be stood for

Offer higher pay to those with a 4-year degree

Stop the cattiness of your employees

Be more professional/appropriate at the front desk- why are you swearing and talking about your night at the bar in a childcare facility?

Please, just don't.

Former Employee - Center Director  in  Concord, MA
    Former Employee - Center Director in Concord, MA

I worked at The Learning Experience full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pretty centers, somewhat clean, well meaning staff and management. Wonderful for infants.

Cons

OMG I don't know where to start. The greed. Greed and children don't mix. Bumping/combining all to cut costs. State issues with licensing. Hard to go on interviews with this on my resume, to be completely honest. The curriculum has HUGE holes in it. HUGE. Like--umm, I don't know--RHYMING? Scope and sequence? Have no business in the industry.

If you're in Boca you should go collect garbage as penance.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

AWFUL

I worked at The Learning Experience

Pros

There are no advantages of sending your child to this company. There are also no pros of working for this selfish company. I was there two years and all they think about is money and don't care about the children

Cons

They make you teach ridiculous "curriculum" and pay you pennies so corporate can sit back and cash in their paychecks. I was so disgusted working for this company. Words couldn't express how happy I was when I found a REAL teaching job and I was able to put my two weeks in. Within the last two months at my center 10 teachers quit. Corporate doesnt care about turnover. They also ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS bump children around to different classrooms to send teachers home early to save money! They will tell you one thing to your face and you will never know what they do. TERRIBLE COMPANY

No support

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at The Learning Experience full-time

Pros

The children, families, and co-teachers

Cons

No support from upper management. They are blame the staff instead of supporting them. Even when they follow company policy, it's always the staff members fault- very sad.

"A culture of I Don't Know, I Don't Care, and I Want More"

I worked at The Learning Experience

Pros

The structure and concepts are beautiful.

Cons

There is a lack of training for any and all staff, this goes for regional and area managers as well. Also, none of the staff really want to be there, and the ones that do get treated badly. Also, most teachers, do not have an education background so those with backgrounds get frustrated and leave. Everyone socializes too much and there is a lot of side babysitting going on. It is hard to get straight answers about anyone about anything. The culture is very negative.

Follow the policies you put in place.

All Around Bad

Former Employee - Lead Teacher  in  Bordentown, NJ
    Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Bordentown, NJ

I worked at The Learning Experience full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fun working with children.

Cons

- Management frequently requests you work longer hours, without breaks, usually in rooms not assigned to you. No overtime.
    - Near impossible to get a raise.
    - Kids are frequently shoved around in other classrooms (because so many teachers call out)
    - Very high turnover rate.
    - No paid holidays or any time off - expect to work in blizzards and other extreme weather, even when there are emergency alerts to stay inside.

Teachers should be paid their worth. Overtime should be mandatory.
    Kids should be in their own room with a curriculum that is always followed, not changed around in someone's absence.

The only good part is the children

Current Employee - Lead Teacher  in  Warren, NJ
    Current Employee - Lead Teacher in Warren, NJ

I have been working at The Learning Experience full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I wake up excited to go see my kids and their parents and do come up with fun art projects, teach, and play! The kids are a delight. Some of the other staff is very friendly

Cons

The people who "manage" the place treat it entirely as a business, not a daycare. I spend my own money on supplies that they should be buying which get stolen or thrown out, I am criticized for the most absurd things that other staff are not. The ratio is not always paid attention to. The management does not care to take the time out of their days to contact parents when necessary. Basically, it is entirely political and full of double standards.

Treat people equally and stop hiring part timers who just are there to socialize. Treat us with respect and we'll work harder.

If it wasn't for the love of my kids, I would have been gone 8 months ago.

I have been working at The Learning Experience

Pros

Although the children may drive you crazy, the little moments are what makes this job count.

Cons

Money hungry, rude, two faced management. You can't trust them at all. They only care about the money. We have old, broken, boring toys, ripped books, puzzles with missing puzzle pieces, and very limited art supplies simply because money is never spent.

Spend some money and stop complaining about your staff and your clients. You're damn lucky to have that.

Good experience

I worked at The Learning Experience

Pros

Very helpful managers, child-focused, and dedicated to doing good work by the children parents and staff. T

Cons

Very stressful environment. At times it seems impossible to ensure that every task is completed in regards to curriculum expectations, administrative tasks, cleaning, and caring for the children. While many staff were on board and hard working, others would be distracted by cell phone use, or focused on talking to each other over caring for the children.

Worked for The Learning Experience? Contribute to the Community!