The List Reviews

3.9
Todd Knutson

1. Collaborative & Close-knit Team

I have been working at The List full-time

Pros

Awesome office environment. Very relaxed in terms of attire and attitudes. Not only open to creative thinking and process improvement, but encourages it. Most of the staff has been around for years and are extremely knowledgeable about their industry. Great learning opportunities!

Cons

We are constantly evolving and challenging ourselves as a company. If that continuous push makes you uncomfortable, it may be difficult to keep up.

Advice to Management

keep it up!

2. Amazing place to work

Current Employee - IT Director
    Current Employee - IT Director

I have been working at The List full-time (More than a year)

Pros

When I went working for The List I didn't realize how great the place is. Culture and values are great, but I was more impressed about how open and transparent management is. Great business starts with great people. You can try to adjust processes and culture but without right people it won't help. Hiring process is very important, lots of interviews and I would say it was toughest and longest interview in my life, but it totally worth it.

Cons

This place is awesome, I would left otherwise.

Advice to Management

You should promote company as a great place to work more.

3. Great People and Awesome Growth!

I have been working at The List full-time

Pros

It's awesome coming to work every day knowing you're going to be challenged and knowing you've got a great team you work with that always has your back. The List puts a tremendous amount of effort into the personal and professional growth of every single employee. Because of this, almost everyone on the senior leadership team has worked their way up via multiple internal promotions. When most everyone you work with has been with the company 4, 5, 10+ years, that should tell you enough about the type of company The List is. Also, we get to work with incredible clients!

Cons

Environment that is frequently changing so must be able to quickly adapt to change and be flexible.

Advice to Management

Keep up the professional and personal development and keep thinking big!

5. Great Culture

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at The List (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture and place to work. You will know the entire company on a first name basis and genuinely enjoy talking to each and every one of the employees across departments. Really embraces collaboration.

Cons

Not many cons. Pay is not very competitive compared to industry but culture more than makes up for it.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and open communication

6. Employee at The List

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at The List full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly staff, high focus on team work and improving company culture

Cons

I struggle with how slow on the uptake the company is on adopting new work practices. Working from home is not acceptable and looked down upon; taking vacation is the same - we do it, but it's not something that's encouraged (though it's built into salaries); vacation time and sick time are the same in terms of hours off, and it's pretty low when combined; compensation is not impressive given the roles we have and the city we live in; my boss has an issue with his temper, so that's definitely a con.

7. AE

I have been working at The List full-time

Pros

Relaxed dress code and fun perks with the job. You can come and go as you want, without a manager hovering over you. Awesome training for the job, you really learn the ins and outs of the business.

Cons

Hard work is not rewarded, more over looked. Cut throat atmosphere, quick to let people go, and a hard industry to win deals in, as there are better products in the space.

8. Friendly and professional

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at The List part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company culture was greatly improved while I was there. Workshops and weekly activities created an environment where all employees were able to interact and be involved with each other, no matter what their position.

Cons

There were several opportunities mentioned to some employees about working from home, myself being one of them, that never happened. There were also deadlines and projects that were unrealistic.

Lack of support

I worked at The List full-time

Pros

The pay is descent, but not worth it in the end.

Cons

This company is very gossipy and lacks in judgement of employees.

10. Many ideas, high drive yet slow execution and follow through

I worked at The List full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very casual work environment (when managers wear shorts and flip flops year-round and leggings are abound, you're in good hands). Little perks here and there like free sports tickets, catered lunches, early departure days. Can be a great place if everyone likes you or if you're sociable.

Cons

Goals in my particular department were ever changing and never written down, but verbally agreed upon and the manager was lax on enforcing them which stunts growth and development. Even when asked how progress was, the responses tended to be lackadaisical and frankly untrue. When I first started there was talk from my manager and from the CMO at the time (now the President) of a career track however that never occurred and soon I was spinning my wheels. Working across departments tended to be a chore because what we did was radically different from the rest of the company. It was a struggle at times, especially when my supervisor cornered most avenues and projects to work with others.

Advice to Management

Be direct, put it all in writing, enforce and catch issues early. Be more hands on and follow through on what you say you will do.

11. Big focus on culture and lots of opportunity

I have been working at The List full-time

Pros

I accepted the job because I liked the people who interviewed me, not just the business leaders, but the whole team. I saw that they had been given opportunities to grow professionally, and everyone just seemed happy. This is unusual to me. In my past jobs - my coworkers didn't smile, they we're happy or engaged. The team at The List is where I'm now happy too. Great benefits given the size of the company, a big focus on core values and I've had more training in my role in terms of professional growth than I had expected.

Cons

I don't really have any cons. I really enjoy the people work with, I believe that we have a valuable set of solutions for our customers and I love seeing the innovative things that are coming up in our future.

Advice to Management

Keep up the recognition, keep providing opportunities for the team to take on additional responsibilities. And keep up the great product innovation.

RSS Feed </> Embed