The Local Pages

Kelly Clark

I LOVE THIS COMPANY!

Current Employee - Regional Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Regional Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at The Local Pages full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I have just completed my fourth year of employment and have been promoted twice in two years. As an Advertising Consultant the work was fairly easy and the pay great. There is no cap on the salary, you will definitely get out what you put in. The company promotes from within and of course as a Manager you will have more responsibilities and more pay. The owner, Kelly Clark, leads by example and is always willing to share his selling success and how he does it with everyone! Upper management is exceptional and work very hard to be proactive in resolving any new challenges as they arise.

Cons

I have no cons as stated above the company addresses all issues as they arise.

Keep doing what your doing!

Great company!

Current Employee - Book Manager
    Current Employee - Book Manager

I have been working at The Local Pages full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Travel opportunities, advancement opportunities, uncapped compensation, minimal micromanagement. If you have a good work ethic and are willing to learn this is a great company to work for.

Cons

I'm tired of traveling and would like to be home more.

Great Opportunity for Motivated Sales People

I have been working at The Local Pages

Pros

You have great leads to work and can earn based on the time you put in. You can work independently, and can develop great B2B relationships.

Cons

I am happy with the current situation

None

The sky is the limit!

Current Employee - Book Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at The Local Pages full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I have been working with this company for over a year and a half now and I just love it! The income potential has no cap on it, literally the sky is the limit!! My favorite part is we get to travel to new territories which keeps this job interesting and always brings you fresh business from the leads provided to you by the company. In the first year of working here I was promoted into management and it has only gone up from there. I would recommend this job to anyone that is self motivated, loves to travel, does great with talking to people, likes sales, and most of all does not have a fear of making a great income.

Cons

I would say I have not come across any cons, any issues I have ever had are addressed immediately.

Keep taking good care of your employees, and they will take good care of you.

a full days work for a full days pay

I have been working at The Local Pages

Pros

As an outside sales rep, my pay is based on my ability to sell. As it should be....I'm sick of the cry babies who complain that the company is at fault for not caring enough. That is just plain B.S. They must be of the generation that feels entitled!! to something for nothing............sorry, children, that isn't the real world
    This company puts no limits on us. I love working here

Cons

None. We are still growing and that in and of itself should tell you something. Just stop and listen

Keep on keeping on

Adverting Consultant (Book Manager)
    I like Traveling & making $$$

Current Employee - Advertising Consultant (Book Manager) in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Advertising Consultant (Book Manager) in Reno, NV

I have been working at The Local Pages full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Outside Sales reps & managers have the oppertunity to make the income that satisfies there needs with no salary cap!
    Paid weekly & company promotions opportunities are not over looked by higher management.
    I've been with the company for a year & I have accomplished my own goals "sales rookie of the year" award & promoted to "book manager"within my first six months.
    The outside sales reps that I've had the opportunity to work with are fun friendly people & the sales support team is a awesome group. Management is always been helpful with questions & providing information that helps you be successful in this industry.

Cons

In my opinion this job has no "cons" job does requires you to be self-motivated,have people skills & like to travel if you want to be successful!!

Best Job Ever!

Current Employee - Outside Sales/Book Manager in Anchorage, AK
    Current Employee - Outside Sales/Book Manager in Anchorage, AK

I have been working at The Local Pages full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Great Management and Support Teams
    - Generous Commissions and Bonuses
    - Fun and Fulfilling Job - How many people can make great money while helping others to not only save money, but increase their income?

Cons

We're away from home a lot.

Keep up the great work!

Comfortable

Former Employee - Office Work in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Office Work in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at The Local Pages

Pros

Very relaxed work environment.

Cons

Poor communication between executives down the chain. No performance reviews, they say there's a "raise freeze" then the CFO tells in secret there's no such thing, they just tell employees that asking for a raise.
    No bonuses for peons. I imagine the executives get fat bonus checks and don't share with the people who actually do the work.
    They just don't really care about anyone and everyone is dispensable, no matter your loyalty to the company.
    Fun fact: every year for christmas, they give a $20 Walmart gift card. My current job which I have been at for a few months gave all employees $200 for Thanksgiving. For Christmas, everyone received a $300 Best Buy and $500 AMEX.

Recognize people who work hard, not just your celebrity sales team.

Very unorganized and unprofessional scam

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative

I worked at The Local Pages full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Decent commissions and pre printed leads and contracts make it no cold calling

Cons

Book managers for the area are supposed to give out plastic wrapped unopened lead sheets and I only ever got one pack un opened un tampered with. By tampered I mean that the manager takes the big money contracts out of the packs and leaves new sales reps with leads spread out over 20 miles and no gas reimbursement and half the leads end up being corporate accounts or residential addresses so the job becomes
    Cold calling door to door . The one week training they give doesn't apply when you go into the field

Keep an eye on your book managers, half the reason there is a huge turnover rate and employees quit or don't succeed is lack of opportunity

A very, very difficult company to work for on my levels.

Former Employee - Sales in Tillamook, OR
    Former Employee - Sales in Tillamook, OR

I worked at The Local Pages full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The travel takes you to many beautiful places to work. You meet a lot of wonderful people

Cons

Reps will be away from home 5 days a week every week. In some markets, reps will be given almost no leads and/or very weak lead packs. Management will lie to you to cover their tracks. This is a company that expects their employees to give them the world and expects its employees to ask for almost nothing in return.

If the company offered a generous benefits package, it might ease some of the stress and pressure of being on the road week after week.

The Local Pages Photos