The Local Pages
www.thelocalpages.net Salt Lake City, UT 150 to 499 Employees

The Local Pages Reviews

Updated Jun 30, 2014

Kelly Clark

Happy to be a TLP employee

Sales Support Team Member (Current Employee)
    Salt Lake City, UT

ProsI have been working at The Local Pages since 2009, I have seen the company grow over the last 6 years. But still keep that family oriented feel. I enjoy the hours during the week because it gives me time to be with my family. I enjoy the employee benefits, and all the extra things the company does to make me feel like more than a number.

ConsI dont really have anything to say bad about the company...

Advice to Senior ManagementThank you for giving me the opportunity to grow with a great company.

Positive Environment.

Advertising Consultant (Current Employee)
    Salt Lake City, UT

ProsYour pay is based off your performance. If you do well the opportunity for you to make good money is there, we have free nights/ holidays/ weekends, flexible time off, and the co-workers are the most drama free people I've worked with and everyone is so positive and supportive. Management has also always been really nice to me.

ConsThere's no real cons.. maybe rush hour traffic after work, which there is no way to fix.

Never thought I could enjoy a job so much!!!

Inside Sales Associate (Current Employee)
    Salt Lake City, UT

ProsI love the group of people that I work with and my Boss is always willing to help and keeps us motivated. Getting paid weekly is definitely plus.

ConsSome days are slower then others but you have up and downs with any job

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

a great company to work for

Salt Lake City, UT

Prosthe people that work there are all very friendly and good to be around

Consnon that i can think of

Advice to Senior Managementnon right now

Inside Sales-Advertising Consultant

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI love this company for how laid back & easy going it is. The management trusts you to get your work done and it really is up to you if you want to get paid. The commission some people earn is unbelievable

ConsIf you are used to salary or a set pay every other week this is not the job for you. We get weekly pay and it fluctuates according to your sales.

Advice to Senior Managementneeds more training on the job instead of in the classroom

Scam company.

Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee)
    Salt Lake City, UT

ProsSome helpful sales people. But that is really it. Oh and easy sale if you are ok lying.

ConsUpper management is concerned only about money. The company misleads clients, and employees on purpose. This is also a dying form of advertising. Management encourages you to lie. An entire novel could be written about what is wrong, but there is not room here.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo out of business before you all end up in jail.

Great Training, Bad Job

ProsThe training is great, They fly you to Salt Lake City and pay for everything while training. Free meals and lodging while in market.

ConsWatch Out, you may have to camp while on Business. You have to sign a contract for training because once you get to the field, you are on your own. 90% of the trainees fail and then you have to pay the company back for training expense which they take out of your pay! Communication is VERY poor. The "Book Managers" get all the good leads and trainees get the bottom of the barrel.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo Training in the field and assign leads from the corporate level. Train the book managers as Managers or do not let them be in charge of employees!

Meh - Development

Mobile Applications Developer (Former Employee)
    Salt Lake City, UT

ProsAmazing team to work with. Head of IT is an exceptional leader. Flexible hours. That's about it.

ConsPay isn't that great. Crappy (really crappy) benefits. Management has no interest in you. (Except for that one manager, who actually cares what happens to his employees). Unrealistic expectations from executives

Advice to Senior ManagementStart caring less about generating money. Higher morale makes for better quality work.

Great Co-workers...Great Money!!!

Sales Representative (Current Employee)
    Salt Lake City, UT

ProsI love the employees here at TLP. It is not a perfect business but in my 30 years of sales experience I have not found a better place to work. Weekends off are great. I get to just do my job and not worry about other parts of the business. I would recommend TLP to family, friends and to anyone wanting to better their life.

ConsTravel...You exchange your time for high commissions.

WHY CHOOSE TLP FOR YOUR FUTURE

Collections Manager (Current Employee)
    Salt Lake City, UT

ProsThis company is extremely established the organization i first class from top to bottom

Consnone, if you have no desire no passion no self motivation to be successful this company is not for you

Advice to Senior ManagementLike i stated before this company is first class from top to bottom

Worked for The Local Pages? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Local Pages reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for The Local Pages CEO Kelly Clark. All 21 reviews posted anonymously by The Local Pages employees.