The MENTOR Network

The MENTOR Network Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

The MENTOR Network President and Chief Executive Officer Bruce Nardella

Bruce Nardella

Pros
  • Great mission - the company does good work when it comes to serving people with disabilities(in 7 reviews)

• Great people to work with and there is opportunity to grow(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • They are paying new hires more than people working there for years with no raises(in 14 reviews)

• The upper management has NO long term plan, and are hanging by the seat of their pants(in 7 reviews)

A learning process!

Life Skills Trainer (Former Employee) Georgetown, KY

ProsHelping participants, quiet at night, felt like a home away from home even though it was my job.

ConsConsequences and reprimands were not carried out nor consistent when it came to the participants that were difficult to handle at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the LSTs more and stop judging situations from other opinions and actually communicate more.

Growing too fast

ProsPay is pretty good
    Ability to gain good experience

ConsCompany has expanded a lot and is reorganizing. The reorganization isn't going very smooth

staff who cannot pass med test is working in home with numerous clients requiring medications..is this QUALITY CARE? Th

Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) Dayton, OH

Proscpr/med/first aide training required for the job/paid by REM

ConsTransport of clients in staff vehicles vans taken away/mileage not up to federal reimbursement/ not allowed weekend shift pay/no raises/bonuses/house repairs neglected/house carpet cleaning not done/appliances broken not repaired for a year/roof leaks/property manager asleep on the job? Lawn looks good to neighbors/interiors neglected some clients live within sounds of gunfire, in the Hood. Scarry for clients/staff

Advice to Senior Managementstaff using cell phones to clock in/out falsifying hours/MED ERRORS JANUARY 1,2014 and today is only the 8th! This is reported to local office...

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Worst Company I ever worked for!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere is nothing positive about this company. Stay away, they lie!

ConsThey don't care about the clients or the staff. They pay $8.00 an hour, how to they expect anyone to live on that kind of money. Plus we are caring for people, human beings, you would think they would want someone more qualified to work with these people, how many people with good qualifications are going to work for 8. 00 an hour.

Advice to Senior ManagementClean house and put some people in that care about their staff and clients. You have a bunch of very angry people taking care of these helpless clients. I seen some horrible stuff done due to their resentment of the company.

Arizona Mentor is a Horrible place to work!!

Program Coordinator (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsExperienced gained in working with the population.

ConsUpper administration has no clue what they are doing. Low pay, understaffed and complain about giving overtime to cover shifts. Refuse to listen to reason when allegations have been made by disgruntled employees against lower management, they only interview the ones having problems and not the staff that are happy and doing a good job. They will throw someone under the bus and use them as a scapegoat in a heartbeat to save their own behind. Very inconsistent in disciplinary actions. Treat their employees HORRIBLY!! Clinical supervisions are a joke. They are unethical and will write someone up or even fire them for allegedly using a cuss word but when it is proven that someone has abandoned clients in the community they do nothing about it. I hope the REBA shuts them down. "Do no harm" is one of the main tenets of the behavioral health profession but they seem to be getting away with doing just that.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a clue! Go to your homes as you are suppose to do and actually see what goes on rather than hearing about it from a handful of employees that are upset because they are made to actually do their job. Learn how to treat people properly. It's not all about you or all about the money. Without the clients and your staff you wouldn't have a job!! Wake up!!

PA Mentor

Therapeutic Staff Support (Former Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsHelping kids with special needs.

ConsHigh turnover amongst supervisors creates an inconsistent workplace.

Flexible schedule

Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) Redwood Falls, MN

ProsGood benefits and flexible hours

ConsThere are no cons that I can think of

Nice Place

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Boston, MA

ProsYear-end bonuses are nice. Great Co-workers.

ConsMoney driven and not very creative.

Advice to Senior ManagementReinvest

Team Coordinator

ProsGreat people
    Easy Job
    Great work / life balance

ConsLow pay
    Hard work and results are not rewarded

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees as assets

If you have no expectations, you will not be let down…..Otherwise be prepared to be let down

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere are very few. Unless you wanted to be treated inhumanely, underpaid, and ignored. Otherwise there are none. Just a warning.

ConsYou will not be treated like a person. You will be ignored. This is how the company works. It starts in HR and filters down to every position here.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat humans like human beings. No company is too large to be able to ignore people

Worked for The MENTOR Network? Contribute to the Community!