The MENTOR Network

Updated December 16, 2014
2.0

The MENTOR Network President and Chief Executive Officer Bruce Nardella
Bruce Nardella

Pros
  • Great mission - the company does good work when it comes to serving people with disabilities (in 7 reviews)

• Great people to work with and there is opportunity to grow (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • They are paying new hires more than people working there for years with no raises (in 13 reviews)

• No raises to reflect the cost of living (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

It started well...didn't end that way!

Former Employee - Director in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Director in Charlotte, NC

I worked at The MENTOR Network full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The people in direct care positions love what they do. The professional level staff went above and beyond to serve the clients. The salary was decent as you progressed in the company. Amazing training and employee development.

Cons

Benefits are expensive, workload is unbearable...minimal work life balance. Extremely minimal resources provided for problem solving...a figure it out approach takes precedent.

Recognize that your people are the face of the business. If they are pleased with working for you, you'll get a better ROI.

Program Director

Former Employee - Program Director in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Program Director in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at The MENTOR Network full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

You are helping people with Developmental Disabilities.

Cons

Where to begin.....the Indy office has several supervisor' s that are very shady. Their way of supervising is do as I say not as I do. Company policies are manipulated to fit their own personal agendas. They will work you 24/7 however some of the higher up supervisor' s don't even work 8 hours a day. All this office cares about is money. There is no standard of care anymore it is disgusting. Not sure how they manage to stay in business.

Clean house and remove the first two tiers of management. Get people in those positions that truly care and the business will flourish.

The clients are awesome....

Current Employee - DSP
    Current Employee - DSP

I have been working at The MENTOR Network full-time (more than an year)

Pros

love working with the clients

Cons

Poor management skills, hire people without a drivers license(when it states on the application (need a valid drivers license with good standing), indecisive, wishy-washy, pay changes if house loses clients, no personal growth, benefits are very expensive, employees are treated disrespectfully from middle management.

Quit being a friend to all employees and be a boss, take leadership training classes and treat your employees with respect

Poor worst job ever

I have been working at The MENTOR Network full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I like the people I work with on a daily basis

Cons

Poor communication,disorganized.Very clicky.Management is very rude and have air of above every one else.They spend a lot of money on non vital items and fail to get basics.
    Did not pay well.
    Communication stinks

Take a class in manners.Learn to deal with staff in a better manner.Learn to show respect for peers and employees.

Acounts receivables

I worked at The MENTOR Network full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great pay. Excellent learning opprotunies and plenty of help from the feild offices if assistiance needed.

Cons

All the orginal management are gone, now they micromanage. Stressfull and a lot of work.

Fulfilling place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at The MENTOR Network full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Supporting a network of operations and support staff who do amazing work for the adults and children we serve. Hearing the inspiring stories of our foster parents, host home providers and dedicated employees.

Cons

Opportunities to learn and develop new skills and keep up with changing technology, best practices, etc.

Develop more professional learning opportunities to invest and retain good performers in corporate support functions.

Horrible company

Former Employee - Health Professional in Freehold, NJ
    Former Employee - Health Professional in Freehold, NJ

I worked at The MENTOR Network full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

none once you get comfortable you get set up for failure

Cons

Pay is real low. Benefits are horrible

Get better management. Employees are set up by management to fail. What a waste of my talent and skills.

rewarding work

Current Employee - Direct Support Professional in Morgantown, WV
    Current Employee - Direct Support Professional in Morgantown, WV

I have been working at The MENTOR Network full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Very rewarding helping people live their lives. Fairly flexible schedule, most of the time you work in a laid back environment at the persons home and just hang out with the people you care for and help them along. Some compensation for mileage when using your own vehichle.

Cons

some of the people can be quite challenging. not a whole lot of room to advance. pay is not that well.

terrible experience all two years of my employment.

Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Daytona Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Daytona Beach, FL

I worked at The MENTOR Network full-time (more than an year)

Pros

enjoyed working and learning the consumers.

Cons

inexperienced management,need to start all over againhave no clue what they are doing and treat employees like the dirt on the bottom of their shoes.

training needed,compassion needed and overall concern for your employees who give of themselves for the betterment of the people we serve.there are no policies to follow that allow employees the right to know what to expect.they say open door which means being yelled at and reprimanded for your concern.management will not say good morning after looking you directly in your face.

INCREDIBLE team of dedicated, committed employees serving inspiring individuals across the country.

Current Employee - Talent Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Talent Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at The MENTOR Network full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I truly hope to retire from TMN, I love my job and the people I work with. The best part of working here is the mission - to serve, serve well, and serve more - our consumers are inspiring and tie us back every day to why we work here. We have such amazingly loyal and dedicated employees - makes me so proud to say I work here. I've only been here for a year & a half, but I am constantly impressed by how many of our employees have been here 24, 16, 28 years... and on and on, often I am the least-tenured person in a meeting, that doesn't happen in a lot of places.

Cons

Some of our jobs are the "toughest job you'll ever love!" I embrace how rewarding our environment can be, but it can be challenging with the scale of what we do and the limited resources we have.

The MENTOR Network Photos