The McIntyre Group Reviews

3.1
Leslie McIntyre

1. A Best Place to Work

I have been working at The McIntyre Group

Pros

Great perks and benefits: free gym, summer Friday hours, generous PTO, lots of company sponsored events (bowling night, cookouts, ice cream trucks, etc.), beautiful building. Top notch recruiting staff here, who really know their industries and care about doing their jobs well and assisting the people they recruit. Excellent culture, well established firm with state of art technology. Easy access to on-site management, flat organizational structure with little red tape.

Cons

Commission positions can be stressful - but you make what you earn!! You have to be driven and ambitious.

Advice to Management

Keep leading and adapting!

2. Staffing Expert

I have been working at The McIntyre Group full-time

Pros

McIntyre is unlike any other firm in the world. We are local, personal and attentive. There is no time limit for how long we can stay on the phone with a client or candidate. This is no "one and done" organization. Once we find a candidate or client we are interested in we pay attention, we get to know you personally so we can make sure we have a quantified balanced match. Leslie is one of the kindest people I have ever met, she is real, she will tell you how it is with a qualified rational.

Cons

The staffing industry is cut-throat. This is not a cookie cutter organization. There is no "one size fits all here". We are customized and tailored. If you are not comfortable with yourself, if you are a dishonest person then chances are, you might not like McIntyre. Everyone is entitled to their own perception of their opinion.

Advice to Management

You can not make everyone happy. You have to do whats best for the success of the organization for overall longevity of the business.

Company review

I have been working at The McIntyre Group

Pros

Excellent culture, direct line to senior management, embrace creativity, ability to work independently, lots and lots of perks, technology savvy, state of the art office, tremendous work environment, well established, diverse client and candidate base!!

Cons

BQ's should be year round, great atmosphere, so much fun and tasty too!

Jun 24, 2015President & Founder

We appreciate your feedback. Thank you for your time to review The McIntyre Group.

You get what you give!

I have been working at The McIntyre Group

Pros

Family-like culture
    Flat Structure - access to upper management and CEO
    Open door policy
    Ideas can come from anywhere/one
    You own your success. If you work hard, you will be rewarded. You basically determine how much money you will make based on the level of work you do! You get what you give!
    1 week off at Christmas! Summer hours! Company parties!

Cons

Due to the close culture- things can get catty!
    Metrics and process change too often. This needs to be consistent!

Advice to Management

Be consistent!

Jun 24, 2015President & Founder

Thank you for your constructive feedback. We do take all of this in consideration when looking for areas we can improve.

A "family" environment

I have been working at The McIntyre Group

Pros

There are many perks and fun activates throughout the year. It's a work hard play hard environment. Flexibility can be shown when you need it. Smaller company so it is more like a family. Everyone knows each other and interacts well.

Cons

You need to be the type of person who is self motivated and can take tasks and execute on your own with little management. You wont make it as a Recruiter if you are not that way.

Advice to Management

Keep working on organization and continually following through with things that need to be done to make the company and processes better.

Jun 24, 2015President & Founder

Thank you for your recent feedback. We do appreciate it and are listening for ways we can improve.

Love it here!

I have been working at The McIntyre Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Coming from a competitor, I can truly say that The McIntyre Group sets themselves apart from the competition on many levels. The employees truly make the company - it's a second family and a place where you are encouraged to be yourself. It's a collaborative, fun, hard working group of people who each bring something different to the table that ultimately keeps the company continuously changing and improving.

Cons

Hard to turn off at times and can feel like you work 24-7. However, with the love for your job and what you do, this comes naturally!

Advice to Management

keep an open mind, keep trying new things and evolving and this company will continue to be fantastic!

Jun 24, 2015President & Founder

Thank you. We appreciate the time you took to review The McIntyre Group. All feedback is reviewed for areas we need to work on and things we should keep doing.

You own your own success!

I have been working at The McIntyre Group full-time

Pros

Working at The McIntyre Group has enabled me to feel like an entrepreneur while also having the support of a team and excellent leader. I joined McIntyre due to the belief system that they are the most upstanding agency that leads with integrity. I joined knowing that my success lies in my own drive, determination and commitment. To date, my hunger and drive has enabled me to carve a very successful career! Simply put, if you have strong values and are hard-working, you will succeed here.

Cons

Hours can be long but this is self-inflicted due to the nature of the business. It’s hard to “walk away” or “turn it off” when on vacation or days off

Advice to Management

Continue with employee events that bring the team together. You have done “out of the box” ideas year after year. Most would agree renting a bus to go to NYC for a night of comedy with surprise spending money as amazing. No other company does this! More things like this please!

Growth opportunities; cultural improvements

I have been working at The McIntyre Group full-time

Pros

- Great learning experience (especially for entry level) - webinars, conference, and other experienced, knowledgeable staff
    - You are responsible for your own success, and if you have the drive, you can effect great change on a company wide level
    - Family style culture; my coworkers are very supportive
    - Many different areas for growth opportunity
    - CEO's door is always open, she is very present in the day to day
    - Team building events are fun and well planned, encourage cultural improvements
    - The recruiters that work here are the best of the best – my peers constantly push me to be the best

Cons

- Metrics are unclear and change often which is difficult because they fire by them
    - Sometimes constructive feedback/transparency is lacking from upper management
    - Training for new hires isn't structured
    - Internal departments are very competitive - this inhibits growth and teamwork
    - The top performers are rewarded even if they are hurting the culture

Advice to Management

Keep building the company as a whole - company wide team building events are great. More transparency in regards to business decisions and metrics. Stick to the great values that we strive for even if they are top performers.

Jun 24, 2015President & Founder

Thank you for your recent feedback. We do appreciate your constructive advice. We take both good and bad reviews to gauge where we are doing well and where we can improve.

Turnover rates speak for themselves

I worked at The McIntyre Group full-time

Pros

There's a gym downstairs. Summer Fridays every OTHER Friday (after you've spend 12 months with the company, because so many employees have not due to turnover rates). Great way to enter the recruitment industry if you're looking for a way in. If you're an independent worker, self motivated, and have no need for work/life balance, you can make a decent amount of commission. However, the biggest pro is that when you quit and start working somewhere else, your new employment will feel like the best job in the world in comparison.

Cons

Turnover rates are atrocious - they brag about the tenure, yet there are a small handful of recruiters that have stayed, and everyone else quits. The CEO below in her responses says that you leave if you cannot handle the tough atmosphere or sales culture, but this is absolutely untrue. Most people quit after a few months to a few years due to the lack of industry-standard pay and the incredibly poor work-life balance. At McIntyre, employees are treated like children in detention. If you are late (even in a snow storm) you are reprimanded and docked PTO. There is zero flexibility for doctor's appointments, child care, or anything really at all. The hours are 8-5:30, and if you leave even at 5:30 everyone gives you a disapproving glare.

Also, there is no "tight-knit" family here. Leadership will pressure you to bad-talk other employees and share very personal information across the organization that should not be shared. And finally, there is no "maternity leave" coverage, so if you're a female thinking you'd like to one day have a child stay away. You are asked to go on short term disability, and for a "woman-owned company", this is the biggest offense of them all.

I share my opinions not as an employee scorned (because I quit on my own happily), but as a good Samaritan hoping that young talent will seek employment elsewhere, rather than experiencing some of the most demoralizing and unprofessional individuals in the recruitment industry.

Advice to Management

Stop treating your recruitment coordinators like scum of the earth. They make the lowest salary and are expected to work the longest hours, and are belittled and degraded as if they're the EA to a multi-billion dollar CEO. Leadership - if you paid attention to your employees, you would notice that a week doesn't go by without a young lady crying in the bathroom.

Jun 24, 2015President & Founder

Thank you for your recent feedback. The McIntyre Group listens to feedback, both negative and positive and will take each of these comments under consideration as areas to improve upon in the future.

Would NOT recommend

I worked at The McIntyre Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Everything is very easy to learn & pick up if you want to get into recruiting. It is worth it if you only stay for a year and move on, unfortunately, it is hard to realize that until you are out. Convenient location, right off of the Merritt/95. PTO time is fairly generous, however, you almost get a sense that you should not be taking the time off. Most of the surrounding companies either love or hate McIntyre. If you get yourself a client that loves McIntyre it's a plus.

Cons

Well, It's the most telling that the CEO of the company has to monitor the glassdoor page to belittle the loyal and dedicated past employees that are posting their honest feedback and opinions. Have you read some of the feedback on reviews below?! That is what it is like daily in the office.

The commission structure is incredibly convoluted and unnecessarily difficult to understand. Leadership has created a system where recruiters make the least amount of money possible per placement, however convince the individuals that the pay is highly competitive. The commission structure has been built to make it impossibly difficult to move up into a higher tier, but ridiculously easy to drop down. When I spoke with different recruiting companies to find a new position, they were appalled at how little commission McIntyre employees take home. So much of the money YOU work for and earn - goes right to the company.

Another con, the owner will bring out her leftover pantry food from home (that is expired) and act like its so generous. How about a yearly bonus? A holiday bonus? Anything?

Advice to Management

Be kind. Pay your employees what they deserve. Give positive reviews to those that earn it, you don't have to always act like some tough company on wall street.

Jun 24, 2015President & Founder

Thank you for your recent feedback. We do appreciate the time you took to review us. We do read these so we can take each of these comments, bad or good, under consideration as areas we can improve ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed