The McIntyre Group Reviews

Reset
4.3
Leslie McIntyre

AMAZING

Pros

They are amazing at what they do! I came in as a person looking for a job opportunity and the recruiters helped me though every step and I was placed the next week! Approachable, accommodating and caring. Really are invested in the people they work with! The office is also beautiful and elegantly decorated with a sense of coziness.

Cons

I have not had any negative experiences with The McIntyre Group! They all seem to be fantastic people with open minds! If you are against great people and a fun productive environment then that would be the reason this company is not for you

Recruiting Manager

I have been working at The McIntyre Group full-time

Pros

If you're seeking a staffing company that truly cares about your opinions/values and work with Senior Recruiters that will mentor you within your career than McIntyre the place to be. From a cultural prospective, you won't find a better team of people that are there to support you and help you grow professionally and personally. In addition, I myself have worked with a number of Recruiters within my career that simply "push paper." We care about our candidates and it's not just "a business." Day after day I hear my peers around me guiding, counseling and taking the time to prepare our candidates on taking that next progressive step in their careers. Unlike other firms that treat those like cattle. The Owners of the company both strive to keep a healthy and productive workplace. They do not demand you work long hours every single day, but it is a work hard play hard environment. If you're not willing to master your craft and be willing to shift gears at a drop of a dime- this is not the place for you. McIntyre's Recruiters know what they're doing and are experienced! McIntyre sends top performers to national training conferences. Our staff is constantly being educated on the latest recruiting trends, how we can improve our craft and be the best we can be. It's an open door policy here, which you won't find at other organizations.

Cons

Upper management needs a better compensation package. For the Entry/Junior level Recruiter, I agree the packages are fair. However, for Senior Recruiters who have bill more than $200K+ plus a year- it's not market value compared to competition. This needs to change in order to retain good recruiting talent in such a competitive market.

Advice to Management

If upper management chooses to not admit/recognize a salary/comp plan needs to be changed for the better then McIntyre will continue to lose people. Those who are leaders here, need to stick to appointments made and be held accountable for their time as they expect their staff to be. If a change is made regarding policies/procedures, upper management needs to stick by the decision. It's not productive to keep going back & forth. Stick to the plan- Also, Management needs to stop playing favorites within the office- this goes for both divisions and individuals. This behavior is noticed by many us and it's simply not fair.

3. A great agency

Current Employee - Registration Manager in Norwalk, CT
    Current Employee - Registration Manager in Norwalk, CT

Pros

A caring supportive staff who does everything they can to help you succeed

Cons

I wish they paid better

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing!

A Best Place to Work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

Pros

Great perks and benefits: free gym, summer Friday hours, generous PTO, lots of company sponsored events (bowling night, cookouts, ice cream trucks, etc.), beautiful building. Top notch recruiting staff here, who really know their industries and care about doing their jobs well and assisting the people they recruit. Excellent culture, well established firm with state of art technology. Easy access to on-site management, flat organizational structure with little red tape.

Cons

Commission positions can be stressful - but you make what you earn!! You have to be driven and ambitious.

Advice to Management

Keep leading and adapting!

Staffing Expert

I have been working at The McIntyre Group full-time

Pros

McIntyre is unlike any other firm in the world. We are local, personal and attentive. There is no time limit for how long we can stay on the phone with a client or candidate. This is no "one and done" organization. Once we find a candidate or client we are interested in we pay attention, we get to know you personally so we can make sure we have a quantified balanced match. Leslie is one of the kindest people I have ever met, she is real, she will tell you how it is with a qualified rational.

Cons

The staffing industry is cut-throat. This is not a cookie cutter organization. There is no "one size fits all here". We are customized and tailored. If you are not comfortable with yourself, if you are a dishonest person then chances are, you might not like McIntyre. Everyone is entitled to their own perception of their opinion.

Advice to Management

You can not make everyone happy. You have to do whats best for the success of the organization for overall longevity of the business.

Company review

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

Pros

Excellent culture, direct line to senior management, embrace creativity, ability to work independently, lots and lots of perks, technology savvy, state of the art office, tremendous work environment, well established, diverse client and candidate base!!

Cons

BQ's should be year round, great atmosphere, so much fun and tasty too!

Jun 24, 2015 – President & Founder

We appreciate your feedback. Thank you for your time to review The McIntyre Group.

8. A company that cares!

Current Employee - Connecticut in Norwalk, CT
    Current Employee - Connecticut in Norwalk, CT

I have been working at The McIntyre Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The biggest pro to McIntyre is it's culture, perks, and benefits! The events are endless: monthly birthdays, team building games, summer/holiday parties! McIntyre also offers many conveniences of onsite gym, dry cleaning, and other amenities that come right to our office. McIntyre has an open door policy - which allows great communication and exposure to the highest level of management. Management has an open ear and is always looking towards ways to keep our internal employees excited and engaged- while also being trend setters in the staffing industry!

Cons

Summer Fridays should be every Friday! :)

You get what you give!

Pros

Family-like culture Flat Structure - access to upper management and CEO Open door policy Ideas can come from anywhere/one You own your success. If you work hard, you will be rewarded. You basically determine how much money you will make based on the level of work you do! You get what you give! 1 week off at Christmas! Summer hours! Company parties!

Cons

Due to the close culture- things can get catty! Metrics and process change too often. This needs to be consistent!

Advice to Management

Be consistent!

Jun 24, 2015 – President & Founder

Thank you for your constructive feedback. We do take all of this in consideration when looking for areas we can improve.

Love it here!

I have been working at The McIntyre Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Coming from a competitor, I can truly say that The McIntyre Group sets themselves apart from the competition on many levels. The employees truly make the company - it's a second family and a place where you are encouraged to be yourself. It's a collaborative, fun, hard working group of people who each bring something different to the table that ultimately keeps the company continuously changing and improving.

Cons

Hard to turn off at times and can feel like you work 24-7. However, with the love for your job and what you do, this comes naturally!

Advice to Management

keep an open mind, keep trying new things and evolving and this company will continue to be fantastic!

Jun 24, 2015 – President & Founder

Thank you. We appreciate the time you took to review The McIntyre Group. All feedback is reviewed for areas we need to work on and things we should keep doing.

You own your own success!

I have been working at The McIntyre Group full-time

Pros

Working at The McIntyre Group has enabled me to feel like an entrepreneur while also having the support of a team and excellent leader. I joined McIntyre due to the belief system that they are the most upstanding agency that leads with integrity. I joined knowing that my success lies in my own drive, determination and commitment. To date, my hunger and drive has enabled me to carve a very successful career! Simply put, if you have strong values and are hard-working, you will succeed here.

Cons

Hours can be long but this is self-inflicted due to the nature of the business. It’s hard to “walk away” or “turn it off” when on vacation or days off

Advice to Management

Continue with employee events that bring the team together. You have done “out of the box” ideas year after year. Most would agree renting a bus to go to NYC for a night of comedy with surprise spending money as amazing. No other company does this! More things like this please!

RSS Feed </> Embed