The Meat House

Justin Rosberg

Good until it closed

Manager (Former Employee)
    Portsmouth, NH

ProsGood hours, good benefits, good discount

ConsUpper Management disconnected from reality of stores

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend more time in stores

Horrible

General Manager (Former Employee)

ProsNew concept in my state. was excited to help open the franchise.

ConsAfter being courted by them for 9 months I left a job to take a position as a general manager. The plan was to spend 8-10 weeks "training" in NH. I have over 25 years in the business. This seemed excessive. The training consisted of working 12 - 16 hour shifts in their training store. I received all glowing remarks from the store manager at the location. 3 weeks into my training I was released because I was told I did not exhibit the traits of "the successful meat house manager"??? I truly believe it was because of my age even though I kept up with other trainees much younger than myself.

Advice to Senior ManagementRe-evaluate your recruiting, training procedures and please revamp your team of trainers. They are not affective at their job.

Micro-management to the MAX!!! How are they still open?

Manager (Former Employee)
    Bedford, NH

ProsYou will learn a lot about the products. Customers do love it so you won't hear many complaints...other than the prices? The two owners, Justin and Jason, are very nice.

ConsYou put your blood, sweet an tears into working hard for them but they are quick to chop down your hours or cut you all together. Besides the owners, the rest of management are cocky jerks.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhy do you have to make 50 percent margin on everything? Try $9.99 for the tips and you will sell a lot more! How have you not figured this out?

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Unsanitary conditions

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLaid back atmosphere, pay was decent. Good discount if you're willing to eat the food.

ConsToo laid back. Cleanliness does not seem to be a priority. I am surprised employees aren't getting sick let alone customers. Meat is supposed to be rotated but not enough attention is placed on labeling. I would not purchase from them after working there.

Advice to Senior ManagementPractice what you preach. Hold all stores accountable for standards.

Egos Egos Egos

Meat Cutter (Former Employee)

ProsNot a bad place to learn a new thing or 2

ConsStore managers egos are ridiculous. Theyre always right, even when theyre wrong.

Pay is mediocre at best

Advice to Senior ManagementYour concept is great. Hire decent people, not kids who dont know what theyre doing.
    Oh, but wait, people who know what theyre doing expect to get paid.

Meat-tastic

Manchester, NH

ProsWork hard, meatify harder here at The Meat House. A 100% investment in The Meat House is essential to a successful career here.

ConsIt's a very busy lifestyle and sometimes supervisors forget to check in. Though, often they solicit feedback and are open to suggestions for improvement.

Worked for The Meat House? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Meat House reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for The Meat House CEO Justin Rosberg. All 6 reviews posted anonymously by The Meat House employees.