The Morey Corporation Reviews

David Smith

1. quality Engineer

Current Intern - Quality Engineer in Woodridge, IL
    Current Intern - Quality Engineer in Woodridge, IL

I have been working at The Morey Corporation as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I had a super nice and knowledgeable manager along with awesome coworkers. the attitude is that we can learn from each other which is so important to us as an intern.

Cons

nothing comes to my mind . for me i would say it was far from my place and i had to drive on 55 highway which there is always traffic.

2. Software Developer

Former Employee - Software Developer in Woodridge, IL
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Woodridge, IL

I worked at The Morey Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The company provides enough structure to promote collaboration and a professional environment while extending flexibility when needed. I got to decide when my day started. I got 10 days of annual vacation time and was granted personal days off when needed. Working from home was an option. There's an on-site gym provided at no extra cost. The insurance and 6% matching of 401K benefits were very good. Further, I can't remember a time when my work wasn't appreciated, over and over again, I was personally thanked and received compensation for my contributions. Women are paid just as much as men in the same position. Also, the location is awesome, right off of the expressway next to upscale shopping and restaurants.

Cons

This is a 30 year old manufacturing company with some highly customized systems that have been around just as long.

Advice to Management

First of all, the recent focus and gains in sales is fantastic! The notion that sales drives a company should continue to be reverberated around the company. Second, a stand-up customer service initiative that keeps quality accountable could be a real differentiator in the mid-size manufacturing space. Finally, I've always been a fan of peer review systems.

3. Challenging, a solid company that is working towards a bigger footprint.

Former Employee - Senior Vice President Sales in Woodridge, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Vice President Sales in Woodridge, IL

Pros

Privately owned and managed. Third generation with solid experience and working knowledge of the inter workings. Strong customer loyalty from years of quality service.

Cons

Inconsistent direction that impacts execution.

Advice to Management

Remain involved at customer level, having a Morey in the room can carry the day with many customers.

5. Great outlook

Current Employee - Engineer in Woodridge, IL

I have been working at The Morey Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The team is engaged and focused on continual growth. The new CEO/President has made a significant change in the direction the company is taking. Clean up in staffing is positive. Focus on Quality has changed for the better to bring yet another level improvement. New directions is wonderful

Cons

Wish it could change even faster

Advice to Management

Keep moving forward and communicate with all of the plans

6. Good Place to Intern

Former Intern - Design Engineering Intern in Woodridge, IL
    Former Intern - Design Engineering Intern in Woodridge, IL

I worked at The Morey Corporation as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The company is fair with compensation for interns and very understanding of employee situations. The atmosphere is nice and friendly and it has a nice working atmosphere. They ability to work a little extra, without doing overtime, to finish your work if you are behind was also a plus.

Cons

The company has a funny clock in system that works on 15 min intervals meaning if you clock in at 8:01 then the system will show you clocking in at 8:15. There was the same issue when clocking out if you clocked out at 5:28 then the system will show you clocked out at 5:15.

7. Run

Former Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Woodridge, IL
    Former Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Woodridge, IL

I worked at The Morey Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

OK Pay, flexible hours, decent benefits

Cons

Horrible management. Restructuring has left many in engineering without direction. Also does not have a good established process for product development. Begins manufacturing products that have not been adequately tested and validated, causing many unhappy customers and failed unit returns. Unrealistic expectations for deadlines.

Advice to Management

Get your head together and listen to what few engineers you have left before the ship sinks.

8. Workplace environment

Current Employee - Engineer in Woodridge, IL

I have been working at The Morey Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

No union for worker in the factory.

Cons

Not too many opportunities for career

9. Very insecure atmosphere

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woodridge, IL

Pros

It used to be a good place to work many many years ago.

Cons

Always threats of firing. Management has an attitude of "this is the only place you'll find a job". Very stressful environment. Overwork with no appreciation. People with good talents are leaving and replaced by managements "friends" or relatives, who lack the abilities for the positions they are put into.

Advice to Management

Treat people with respect and recognize your employees talents.

10. Stressfull unorganized environment; poor management decisions;

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woodridge, IL

Pros

A nice new addition was made to the already existing building, which was nice to start with. Good computer support.

Cons

The overall company culture is stressed and unorganized; poor senior management decisions have caused turmoil for middle managers and hourly workers; companywide low saleries and pay cuts have killed morale; Generally a political nightmare

RSS Feed </> Embed