The National Center for Telehealth and Technology

Updated Nov 16, 2013

Be The First To
Add Photos

T2 review

Cost Analyst (Former Employee)
Crystal City, VA

I worked at The National Center for Telehealth and Technology full-time for less than a year

ProsVery interesting technology to assist our service men and women with disabilities

ConsTechnology improvement continues to be moving forward

Advice to Senior ManagementTake advantage of the contract support team that can move the technology forward

Looks good on paper but you realize that is not the case when you get ther

Fort Lewis, WA

I have been working at The National Center for Telehealth and Technology full-time for more than 3 years

ProsT2 does attract a lot of good talent (but can't retain them), gets a lot of technology tools.

ConsVery little is done to enhance the professional development or day to day life of the staff. Very few policies or procedures to help employees do their work or navigate through the complicated government system(s). Upper management not helpful/unknowledgeable/not well suited for leadership roles. Definite favoritism.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you treat your people like people instead of commodities you might reduce your turn over rate.

Warning! Warning! Danger Will Robinson!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsEntertainment value. On any given day, the interpersonal drama varies between a Shakespearean tragedy, comedy, or both!
Good mission as others mentioned, but most people eventually become so cynical and disengaged from their jobs they don't care anymore and then eventually leave. There is a lot of potential in this company but it's sad they can't get their act together.

ConsUnbelievably dysfunctional environment. If this were a movie plot, no one would believe it!
Horrible government bureaucracy that consumes your job, saps morale, and creates constant barriers against actually doing any work. There is zero effort by leadership to reduce or mitigate bureaucracy.
Petty little boy egos use employees as pawns to further their private agendas. These people would not survive outside of their enabling government jobs in the real world.
Complete lack of leadership oversight to set up and maintain company ethics and employee relations.
The dysfunction is allowed to rage on an on because senior leadership does not care. They are more concerned with publishing academic papers and going to conferences.
Anyone looking to work here: see headline above. Ignore this warning at your peril!

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployees are a companies greatest asset. Treat people like humans, not soldiers, listen to their feedback and actually make positive changes, and you might actually get motivated, committed, engaged employees.

Soul-sucking

I worked at The National Center for Telehealth and Technology full-time

ProsIt will probably be shut down due to a complete lack of accountability and save us all some money.

ConsThis box is small. It is a business organization run by psychologists. Laughable. The level of competence on display would shame a special ed teacher. The level of ineptitude is only matched by the arrogance.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet managers manage and keep the psychologists in a hole somewhere. When an organic conversation about feelings breaks out they'll call, otherwise stick to your offices.

Enter at your own risk

I worked at The National Center for Telehealth and Technology full-time

ProsAmazing mission: Technology solutions to better the health of our warriors. No need to memorize. It will change constantly.

ConsUpper-level leadership: Not mission focused. Horrid micro-managers. All psychologists, with the exception of one. Business concepts like organizational structure or process are of little importance to them.

Extreme Bureaucracy: Everything at T2 is cyclical. Ideas are proposed, developed, dropped. Brought up months later and dropped. By the third time, a watered-down version may be implemented IF all upper-level leaders agree to it and add in their changes, even in fields not of their expertise.

Lack of respect for employees: Over 80% of the staff hold advanced degrees yet are not empowered to make even small decisions.

Advice to Senior ManagementTraveling the world does not help our soldiers get healthy. If you can't lead, step aside.

Worked for The National Center for Telehealth and Technology? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The National Center for Telehealth and Technology reviews and ratings. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by The National Center for Telehealth and Technology employees.