The National Society of Collegiate Scholars

Updated Apr 16, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Stephen E. Loflin

Unbelievable benefits and fast-paced workdays at an organization where you role is as challenging as you design it to be

Coordinator, Member Relations (Current Employee)

ProsOnce you're hitting the requirements of your role, you're encouraged to re-imagine and implement anything in your role that you think can be done better. Because the organization works with college students, the office atmosphere is energetic and young. As long as you work hard and achieve results, there's flexibility in how you get there.

ConsThe young office can lead to frequent changes in staff as people figure out what direction they want to take in their careers. That being said, there's definitely support to redefine your role within the organization after a year if you're better suited to a different department.

NSCS review

ProsBenefits, colleagues, growth opportunities, mission oriented

Conschange oriented, organizational structure, very busy

Great Company and Even Better Staff

Coordinator, Member Engagaement (Current Employee)

ProsNSCS really values personal and professional growth
    Gives employees a sense of responsibility
    Great Benefits
    Great Work-life balance
    NSCS provides employees with opportunities for growth
    Staff at NSCS are very personable and easy to work with

ConsNo major cons for working at NSCS

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The healthiest company culture I've ever experienced!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsNSCS is an affirming, flexible environment in which you are encouraged to try new ideas and develop within your role. One thing I am extremely impressed by is the organization's constant striving to not only achieve excellent results, but to also achieve excellence in the culture, communication, and recognition among our staff. This level of commitment to building trust and satisfaction is unusual, in my experience.

ConsIt can be difficult to get feedback or know if you are meeting expectations, but NSCS is actively working on developing a better system for review and feedback opportunities.

Great place to get your feet wet.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat place to work early in your career. You'll experience everything with NSCS, the good and the bad. Amazing benefits and a great mission.

ConsThe conditions at NSCS are always changing and it's hard to make progress. Office politics are rampant, but lower level employees aren't exposed to it as much.

A Business-Savvy Mission

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsNSCS gives you the tools to create a robust portfolio or program. The benefits are incredible, there is a strong support system which creates a distinct learning environment. It is the perfect place to start your career, to specialize, or to build something great. Complacency is just not an option.

ConsThe work environment is constantly changing based on priorities, and TEAM members must be able to accept change and move on. We work in real-time, and make adjustments as necessary. This is not necessarily negative, but speaks to the type of person who will thrive at NSCS.

Worked for The National Society of Collegiate Scholars? Contribute to the Community!