www.tnwinc.com

2.7

Luis Ramos

Not Bad, Not Best

Current Employee - Interview Specialist in Norcross, GA

I have been working at The Network full-time (less than a year)

Pros

1. Overtime always available
    2. Supervisors are mainly always accessible
    3. Opportunities to work from home
    4. Easy work
    5. Good way to gain experience/ideal for entry-level employees

Cons

1. Low hourly pay (stingy with raises)
    2. No sick days (every missed day, no matter the reason, is unapproved unless you use your PTO)
    3. QA--where do I begin--most of the QA team (Except for Deanna) have attitudes and dread answering the Answer Line; the scores are inconsistent--they do not seem to follow a clear rubric; they take forever to answer the Answer Line
    4. You learn the job as you go. Training is helpful; however, you learn the majority of the job after training is over by making mistakes and getting docked for it.
    5. The time on the phones, which is the time you must go by, seems to jump. For example, the time on the phone can say 1:35 PM one minute, and the next minute, the time is 1:32 PM.
    6. If you are late for work by even one minute, you forfeit your attendance bonus for the month
    7. Being on the phone for hours listening to callers complain can be draining

1. Hold the QA Team to a higher standard
    2. Give employees sick days that won't count against them
    3. Treat the employees like humans and not robots
    4. Increase the hourly pay
    5. Better training.

Great as a first job/entry level but management does not pay attention to needs of phone employees. Many changes needed.

I have been working at The Network full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I haven't heard anyone mention that the job is difficult from claims or compliance. If you have a voice to speak and fingers to type a few words per minute, then boom- the job is yours. It's easy work. 8.5 hour workday with 30-minute lunch included. Bonuses are pretty easy to get- they're petty and are small amounts, but they are available. 5-day M-F workweek and one mandatory weekend per month, which doesn't bother me at all. In fact, I prefer weekends, since I don't feel that the pay matches the back-to-back calls during the weekdays. Nice co-workers that make the day go by quicker, steady paycheck. Perfect position for an entry-level employee or someone who is wanting more income in addition to another job. There are part-time employees, which are far fewer than full-time. Part-time is available, though.

Cons

No one has come up with a way for employees to have fixed schedules. There are enough employees working to where a steady schedule can be created with fixed breaks permanently. I've not seen a call center where breaks are constantly being moved, and employees' schedules may have them clocking in at 1:15 P.M. today, 3 P.M. tomorrow and 2:30 the day after that. It's horribly inconvenient and interferes with life outside of this place.

Breaks are constantly scheduled in the most inconvenient ways. You may have to go on break an hour after clocking in and your lunch is 45 minutes after that, leaving you sitting on your rump for hours until your final break. If you call the front desk and ask for it to be changed, depending on who answers the phone, you're met with "Why?" or attitude. If you're in school and need a specific class that just so happens to be in the time "window" (remember- you come in at different times everyday) of your work schedule, then you're doomed. Say sayonara to that class. Considering a part-time gig on the side? Impossible, since this schedule changes so much.

You may have to work every single holiday of the year. It doesn't matter how long you've worked here or whether you have perfect attendance/100 scores. No one knows how they come up with this selection, but it is unfair & senseless. To make any small change to your schedule is a pain, as a replacement must be found. If you have a "bad" or undesired schedule, you'll never find a replacement. If you have a last minute emergency and e-mail the scheduling team to ask for a replacement or need to come in earlier/later, they may not even respond to you at all, leaving you in the dark about whether they are finding someone for you or not. No one understands how the KPI/bonuses, attendance point system, or PTO work. Some people were given papers to break it down, depending on their supervisor. Others were not.

Human Resources/non call center employees smile and tell you that they're "there for you" and can help you out upon your job offer, but after your training, you never interact with them again. If you do see any of them, they walk past, do not speak, and keep on going. Sweet. If you e-mail suggestions or ask questions, oftentimes, no one will contact you until weeks or even months later. Yes, I said months.

There is no ongoing training or even meetings to get everyone up to speed. The "training" comes in the form of e-mails telling you how to handle this/that, which is inconvenient, since we get tons of e-mails. There are no potlucks, celebrations, or fun times except for little contests they have, in which, depending on your shift, you may not even be able to partake in. There are no pay raises since they have a bonus system in place. You may not get your bonus due to being a minute late clocking in.

Come up with a way for employees to have steady schedules and fixed breaks that can be remembered instead of them having to check it often. Make training an ongoing thing where small groups of employees are taken off the phones and into the training rooms and caught up to speed on different companies' procedures, recent mistakes made, etc. Please fix the holiday time-off issue. No one employee should be working all holidays while another has every holiday off. Please explain the PTO, KPI, and point system once and for all. These few changes alone would make The Network a much happier place for the call center employees to work in.

Just a Paycheck

Current Employee - Interview Specialist in Norcross, GA

I have been working at The Network full-time (less than a year)

Pros

You are guaranteed 40 hours a week,
    You are not constantly micromanaged.
     Some cool co-workers
    OT is always there

Cons

Seeing as this is my first ever call center job.. I now know a call center is not my cup of tea. This job is literally just a paycheck for me. From Day one when I did the interview, to training, to actually being out on the floor I feel as if I had been bamboozled.

First, a lot of things they told me did not add up. I was initially hired to have a start time of 12-2 pm. During training, They asked if anyone wanted to volunteer to work earlier for ONE month. I volunteered and my start times were 8-5:30 pm. This work time actually took a tole on me, and I don't live close by so I was constantly tired from waking up extra early as to be on time and the commute (45 to an hour + on bad days). I eventually emailed the scheduler about my schedule (after the month was up) and she kind of scoffed and said "you work your hired start times when you move up to N102". I wasn't happy with that response seeing as during training I wasn't told that. Please note, had I known this job required me to work 8-5 I would have never accepted due to the commute. They also try to throw working from home down your throat. Yeah that would be better for those with a long commute, but I hate doing this job at work so there is no way I would want to do this at home all day. I hear if you telecommute you have a 12 hour start window. :/

Second, During training you're given a book and are forced to read it front to back and then you get practice calls. Of course during training everything ran smoothly. Then once I was on the phones taking real calls, I realized they kind of just throw you out there with the sharks. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten calls and I call the help line, only to be met with an attitude or a half thought answer that STILL doesn't help me. I don't understand how we can be a call center and don't have reference numbers to majority of these companies "we represent." It's so frustrating when someone calls and get's mad at you when you can't help them, and in turn you call for help and they don't help you. it's like the blind leading the blind.

Third, the attendance point system is retarded. You basically can't miss a day literally unless you have a bunch stacked up. Clocking back in late from lunch, or break takes away. Speaking of, Sometimes I feel as if I'm in a prison. I'm told when I can go to the bathroom, when to eat, when I can leave to get fresh air, etc. On busy days like Friday's when your break is spread out it's hard as hell to actually try and wait for you break to come.

Lastly, just being on the phones. I read the reviews before I got hired and should have heeded the warning. Sometimes calls can last 30 mins. This job is so mundane and tedious. Being on the phone for 2 and 1/2 hours at one time before a break is draining. You ask the same questions and hear the same type of replies. It's starting to run together for me like the teacher on "Charlie Brown". :(

I've only been here for about 2 months but I truly regret leaving my other job for this, I had way more freedom, I could actually interact with my coworkers. They didn't have an attendance policy so strict. I honestly feel bad for the people with children who get sick. One of my coworker's was really sick one time and she still kept coming to work so her points would not fall. WE ARE PEOPLE NOT ROBOTS SO DO NOT TREAT US AS SUCH!

I'm sure the turnover rate is pretty high, in my training group of 20 there are only 7 left that started with me. I hope I can soon add to that number. AVOID THIS JOB AT ALL COSTS.

Be honest with people from day one. do not omit information just to get people in and then back track on things you say. Actually try and help people when they call the help line. Lighten up on the attendance system. Make a set schedule for people including breaks.

Attendance and Point System are no good.

I have been working at The Network full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company used to allow employees to gain points by working overtime, since overtime is always needed. That was a pro but it's no longer done. The points system does nothing for those with a great attendance record who may fall ill, have a family crisis, or any other emergency. No pros about it.

Cons

The points system is tricky and has recently changed. To miss a day from work on Friday, Saturday, Sunday, or Monday will cost you 6 points. Any other day is 4 points missed.

No one can keep up with the tricky way points are calculated. To have to take off half a day for an appointment or illness (from my own personal experience), 3 points are automatically taken away.) You may as well miss the whole day.

If you clock in one minute late, again from my experience, a whole point is deducted. If you miss one hour of work, there's 2-3 points right there. It's unevenly calculated for us. You may as well miss the whole day.

If the state is in a State of Emergency, and there's ice glazed over on the ground and you're unable to travel the roads & highways to get to work, well that's just too darn bad. The Network punished those of us call center employees who didn't spend the night at this place or risk our safety. They took points away for every single day that was missed for BOTH ice storms. The roads were not drive able for at least 3 days for each ice storm. 4- 16 points were lost from each storm for every person that did not want to be stuck on the roads for hours or risk their safety.

Why? Why would you want any employees to come out during a time where everyone is being advised to stay their butts off the roads? This affected people like myself who had a pretty good attendance record but ended up losing more than half my points because I wasn't already stuck here & didn't want to risk my safety to BE stuck here or in my car. I heard that when the state declares a State of Emergency, it's actually illegal to punish employees for not being out on the roads when told to avoid at all costs. That's something I will have to look into.

Nothing is ever approved. Throwing up and need to leave? Sure thing but it will be considered an "unapproved" absence. Just got a call that your kid needs to go home for whatever reason? Nice but unapproved. Car malfunctioned halfway down the street (coworkers can literally see you out the window stuck at entrance). Okay, great. UNAPPROVED.

We never get opportunities to earn points, anymore, due to a selected few who would work overtime to gain those points & then purposely miss days since they knew their points were built up. Well, thanks a lot. Earning .25 points on Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday only to get a whole point snatched away for clocking in a second late just doesn't cut it.

It's not easy to keep 12 or more points when you're only given 20, max out at 40, and are punished for staying safe. Some people were not affected by the storms. Their points were left alone. Some people miss days and (surprisingly) their points are not deducted- by accident? Don't know.

The points system did not work for me. It also needs to be updated to reflect the actual calculations now. More points are being deducted than the handbook states. Check your attendance cards & make sure it matches the handbook. That's all we have to go by.

The points system does not help employees with good attendance who may need time off for emergencies. You punished employees for staying safe.

BAD WORKING ENVIRONMENT

Former Employee - Interview Specialist in Norcross, GA
    Former Employee - Interview Specialist in Norcross, GA

I worked at The Network full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Overtime is available most of the time.

Cons

The turn-over rate is extremely high, the pay is low, the supervisors are unprofessional, the trainers do not fully train you and the Human Resources Department is never your advocate. If you are looking for a temporary job where you won't make a lot of money in the long-run without a meaningful experience, then this is it. The good ole boy mentality resides here, and you will soon realize it. Favoritism is key here, and it is evident. #ApplyAtYourOwnRisk

Treat your employees better, and they probably will want to come to work. Hence, the turn-over rate.

Stable company but weak on loyalty

I worked at The Network (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very profitable, stable company with somewhat flexible schedules and decent benefits.

Cons

Marketing wrote a transparent, fake review on this site. Special treatment and high salaries are only given to employees who play the political game well. Highly unqualified HR department.

Better compensation for hard working employees and stop rewarding unethical, bullying behavior.

Irreplaceable Experience

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA

I have been working at The Network full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I found the perfect balance of work-life, play hard/ and work/ hard at The Network. The company hires individuals who love teamwork, enjoy motivating each other and are passionate about their goals! Every manager ensures the success of their employees with an open heart and ear. Executive leadership is continuously offering methods, wisdom and motivation for success. At The Network, there is a helping hand everywhere you look. I have been with the company for two years now, and I would not change a single thing. The company's culture, upbeat environment and passion for success is contagious and irreplaceable. The Network is an amazing place to work for, and I would recommend it to anyone. The Network = great employees + fantastic culture + inspiring leadership

Cons

I can not think of a challenge in this company. It is growing rapidly and each team member has jumped on board to make this a successful experience together!

Continue motivating young leaders to become superstars by leading with example. Also, continue investing in your current members for their growth.

Great software team

Former Employee - Software Engineer
    Former Employee - Software Engineer

I worked at The Network full-time

Pros

The software teams are great. Lots of freedom, great hardware and colleagues. The tool chain is a bit .NET and RavenDB heavy on the backend, but you get to use a lot of advanced features in C# and other .NET tech. The front-end team is also very talented - lots of cutting edge javascript frameworks are in use. Tech management is also very good. There are periods of frantic deadlines but thankfully most of the work week is a solid 40 hours week. Overall its one of the better places to work in Atlanta.

Cons

Bonus is yearly, not quarterly. And the software deployment process can be a pain.

THE WORST COMPANY TO WORK FOR EVER

Former Employee - Interview Specialist
    Former Employee - Interview Specialist

I worked at The Network full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

1. 401 package
    2. health benefits package
    3. guaranteed 40 hour workweek

Cons

1. gossiping trainers
    2. rude supervisors
    3. lying supervisors
    4. sub-par training
    4. barely above minimum wage salary
    5. low annual raises
    6. nonchalant human resources department
    7. rewards are biased based upon favoritism

I encountered several occasions where trainers would gossip about other employees to other employees, including their subordinates. Trainers whispering in employees' ear to gossip about other employees were witnessed in particular. Rewards, including 'employee of the month,' are biased and based upon favoritism. My supervisor was very intimidating, rude and even lied to cover herself on several occasions to cover-up her true character. This same supervisor even apologized to me for being rude and uncourteous. It took her 3 days to do it, but she did. The highest annual review raise I ever received while working for the company for a decade was .40, and I was consistently a "top rated" employee when it came to after-call rates, number one call taker in the call center every month without fail and high-quality written reports. The Human Resources Department swept every issue I brought to them "under-the-rug" with no resolution. For example, a male employee showed his genitalia to me and other co-workers in the call center, and this issue was brought to the Human Resources Department. This male employee is still working for the company, and never has been a "top-rated" employee. Another issue I brought to this department that involved illegally snooping on my home phone while as a Telecommuter was swept under the rug as well. I filed a police report and reported the matter to the FTC. Even if you have the advanced technology to snoop on employees' calls as telecommuters when they are off the clock, does not give you the right to beep on their phone constantly and harass them. Call centers have the capability to monitor your calls during work, after work and beep foolishly on your phone if they desire to "mess with you." I gave this company "my all" during my decade of working there, and I regret it for doing so. I am moving on to a career that will pay me, so to speak, for my bachelor's degree in education. I made a wonderful friend in the QA Department who I respect highly for his professionalism, coaching on reports and intelligence. I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND ANYONE TO WORK FOR THIS COMPANY EVER!!!

Wonderful place to work

I have been working at The Network full-time

Pros

Flexibility, benefits, family atmosphere, cutting edge technology, internal promotions available. Good fits for the organization are usually found out quickly which means that people that stay around are usually solid contributors.

Cons

Not really a negative but the company is growing and sometimes with growth there is added stress until the company catches up to the growth.

The Network Photos