The Network Reviews

Luis Ramos

1. I had a good experience

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at The Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed working with my coworkers and people there really enjoy their job. It's a great place to learn and develop your career.

Cons

Sometimes there was a lack of direction internally in the teams, and people were generally afraid of showing strong leadership to keep the teams on track and get things done.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, the management for the most part, seems to really know what they're doing.

Program Manager

I worked at The Network

Pros

Colleagues, no weekends required, benefits, people who've been there a long time can get leery of newbies, some room for growth, and product is good overall.

Cons

Management has favorites, HR needs improvement, Work atmosphere needs improvement, Treat call center staff better, and training needs improvement.

Advice to Management

Please take notice of individuals in management - especially the ones who're downright rude to subordinates. Also, everyone is working toward one goal. Is anyone really better than another?

RAGGEDY CALL CENTER

Former Employee - Interview Specialist in Norcross, GA
    Former Employee - Interview Specialist in Norcross, GA

I worked at The Network full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

1. stable paycheck
    2. stable paycheck
    3. stable paycheck

Cons

Gossiping trainers and rude supervisors!!! Uses listening-service observation equipment to snoop on employees' calls when they are off the clock to use info. against you. I am a victim of this first-hand!!! Also, when you mute your headsets, management and trainers can still hear what you say through the headset. So, watch what you say when you are on down-time and waiting for calls when your phone is muted, because MANAGEMENT/TRAINING IS LISTENING TO BE NOSY!!! This information is of course not mentioned to you in training, because they do not want you to know this information. Don't report anything you see and/or hear to HR, because RETALIATION AT ITS BEST will haunt you!!!

Advice to Management

GROW UP AND CHANGE!!!

5. supervisor

I have been working at The Network

Pros

A really Great group of people!

Cons

None come to mind at this time

Interview Specialist

I worked at The Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Reasonable pay, full time hours, decent benefits, good location,

Cons

No room for advancement, work every other weekend, and hours vary every week. The supervisors are not friendly and you barely have time to breath between calls.

My experience has been an ok experience

I have been working at The Network

Pros

Unlimited overtime,schedules are flexible & the opportunity to work from home

Cons

No raises & the attendance points system needs to go away.

Advice to Management

Some supervisors are ok some are not

Not Bad, Not Best

Current Employee - Interview Specialist in Norcross, GA

I have been working at The Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1. Overtime always available
    2. Supervisors are mainly always accessible
    3. Opportunities to work from home
    4. Easy work
    5. Good way to gain experience/ideal for entry-level employees

Cons

1. Low hourly pay (stingy with raises)
    2. No sick days (every missed day, no matter the reason, is unapproved unless you use your PTO)
    3. QA--where do I begin--most of the QA team (Except for Deanna) have attitudes and dread answering the Answer Line; the scores are inconsistent--they do not seem to follow a clear rubric; they take forever to answer the Answer Line
    4. You learn the job as you go. Training is helpful; however, you learn the majority of the job after training is over by making mistakes and getting docked for it.
    5. The time on the phones, which is the time you must go by, seems to jump. For example, the time on the phone can say 1:35 PM one minute, and the next minute, the time is 1:32 PM.
    6. If you are late for work by even one minute, you forfeit your attendance bonus for the month
    7. Being on the phone for hours listening to callers complain can be draining

Advice to Management

1. Hold the QA Team to a higher standard
    2. Give employees sick days that won't count against them
    3. Treat the employees like humans and not robots
    4. Increase the hourly pay
    5. Better training.

Just a Paycheck

Current Employee - Interview Specialist in Norcross, GA

I have been working at The Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You are guaranteed 40 hours a week,
    You are not constantly micromanaged.
     Some cool co-workers
    OT is always there

Cons

Seeing as this is my first ever call center job.. I now know a call center is not my cup of tea. This job is literally just a paycheck for me. From Day one when I did the interview, to training, to actually being out on the floor I feel as if I had been bamboozled.

First, a lot of things they told me did not add up. I was initially hired to have a start time of 12-2 pm. During training, They asked if anyone wanted to volunteer to work earlier for ONE month. I volunteered and my start times were 8-5:30 pm. This work time actually took a tole on me, and I don't live close by so I was constantly tired from waking up extra early as to be on time and the commute (45 to an hour + on bad days). I eventually emailed the scheduler about my schedule (after the month was up) and she kind of scoffed and said "you work your hired start times when you move up to N102". I wasn't happy with that response seeing as during training I wasn't told that. Please note, had I known this job required me to work 8-5 I would have never accepted due to the commute. They also try to throw working from home down your throat. Yeah that would be better for those with a long commute, but I hate doing this job at work so there is no way I would want to do this at home all day. I hear if you telecommute you have a 12 hour start window. :/

Second, During training you're given a book and are forced to read it front to back and then you get practice calls. Of course during training everything ran smoothly. Then once I was on the phones taking real calls, I realized they kind of just throw you out there with the sharks. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten calls and I call the help line, only to be met with an attitude or a half thought answer that STILL doesn't help me. I don't understand how we can be a call center and don't have reference numbers to majority of these companies "we represent." It's so frustrating when someone calls and get's mad at you when you can't help them, and in turn you call for help and they don't help you. it's like the blind leading the blind.

Third, the attendance point system is retarded. You basically can't miss a day literally unless you have a bunch stacked up. Clocking back in late from lunch, or break takes away. Speaking of, Sometimes I feel as if I'm in a prison. I'm told when I can go to the bathroom, when to eat, when I can leave to get fresh air, etc. On busy days like Friday's when your break is spread out it's hard as hell to actually try and wait for you break to come.

Lastly, just being on the phones. I read the reviews before I got hired and should have heeded the warning. Sometimes calls can last 30 mins. This job is so mundane and tedious. Being on the phone for 2 and 1/2 hours at one time before a break is draining. You ask the same questions and hear the same type of replies. It's starting to run together for me like the teacher on "Charlie Brown". :(

I've only been here for about 2 months but I truly regret leaving my other job for this, I had way more freedom, I could actually interact with my coworkers. They didn't have an attendance policy so strict. I honestly feel bad for the people with children who get sick. One of my coworker's was really sick one time and she still kept coming to work so her points would not fall. WE ARE PEOPLE NOT ROBOTS SO DO NOT TREAT US AS SUCH!

I'm sure the turnover rate is pretty high, in my training group of 20 there are only 7 left that started with me. I hope I can soon add to that number. AVOID THIS JOB AT ALL COSTS.

Advice to Management

Be honest with people from day one. do not omit information just to get people in and then back track on things you say. Actually try and help people when they call the help line. Lighten up on the attendance system. Make a set schedule for people including breaks.

Stable company but weak on loyalty

I worked at The Network (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very profitable, stable company with somewhat flexible schedules and decent benefits.

Cons

Marketing wrote a transparent, fake review on this site. Special treatment and high salaries are only given to employees who play the political game well. Highly unqualified HR department.

Advice to Management

Better compensation for hard working employees and stop rewarding unethical, bullying behavior.

Great as a first job/entry level but management does not pay attention to needs of phone employees. Many changes needed.

I have been working at The Network full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I haven't heard anyone mention that the job is difficult from claims or compliance. If you have a voice to speak and fingers to type a few words per minute, then boom- the job is yours. It's easy work. 8.5 hour workday with 30-minute lunch included. Bonuses are pretty easy to get- they're petty and are small amounts, but they are available. 5-day M-F workweek and one mandatory weekend per month, which doesn't bother me at all. In fact, I prefer weekends, since I don't feel that the pay matches the back-to-back calls during the weekdays. Nice co-workers that make the day go by quicker, steady paycheck. Perfect position for an entry-level employee or someone who is wanting more income in addition to another job. There are part-time employees, which are far fewer than full-time. Part-time is available, though.

Cons

No one has come up with a way for employees to have fixed schedules. There are enough employees working to where a steady schedule can be created with fixed breaks permanently. I've not seen a call center where breaks are constantly being moved, and employees' schedules may have them clocking in at 1:15 P.M. today, 3 P.M. tomorrow and 2:30 the day after that. It's horribly inconvenient and interferes with life outside of this place.

Breaks are constantly scheduled in the most inconvenient ways. You may have to go on break an hour after clocking in and your lunch is 45 minutes after that, leaving you sitting on your rump for hours until your final break. If you call the front desk and ask for it to be changed, depending on who answers the phone, you're met with "Why?" or attitude. If you're in school and need a specific class that just so happens to be in the time "window" (remember- you come in at different times everyday) of your work schedule, then you're doomed. Say sayonara to that class. Considering a part-time gig on the side? Impossible, since this schedule changes so much.

You may have to work every single holiday of the year. It doesn't matter how long you've worked here or whether you have perfect attendance/100 scores. No one knows how they come up with this selection, but it is unfair & senseless. To make any small change to your schedule is a pain, as a replacement must be found. If you have a "bad" or undesired schedule, you'll never find a replacement. If you have a last minute emergency and e-mail the scheduling team to ask for a replacement or need to come in earlier/later, they may not even respond to you at all, leaving you in the dark about whether they are finding someone for you or not. No one understands how the KPI/bonuses, attendance point system, or PTO work. Some people were given papers to break it down, depending on their supervisor. Others were not.

Human Resources/non call center employees smile and tell you that they're "there for you" and can help you out upon your job offer, but after your training, you never interact with them again. If you do see any of them, they walk past, do not speak, and keep on going. Sweet. If you e-mail suggestions or ask questions, oftentimes, no one will contact you until weeks or even months later. Yes, I said months.

There is no ongoing training or even meetings to get everyone up to speed. The "training" comes in the form of e-mails telling you how to handle this/that, which is inconvenient, since we get tons of e-mails. There are no potlucks, celebrations, or fun times except for little contests they have, in which, depending on your shift, you may not even be able to partake in. There are no pay raises since they have a bonus system in place. You may not get your bonus due to being a minute late clocking in.

Advice to Management

Come up with a way for employees to have steady schedules and fixed breaks that can be remembered instead of them having to check it often. Make training an ongoing thing where small groups of employees are taken off the phones and into the training rooms and caught up to speed on different companies' procedures, recent mistakes made, etc. Please fix the holiday time-off issue. No one employee should be working all holidays while another has every holiday off. Please explain the PTO, KPI, and point system once and for all. These few changes alone would make The Network a much happier place for the call center employees to work in.

RSS Feed </> Embed