The Network Reviews

Updated August 16, 2014

Luis Ramos

Wonderful place to work

I have been working at The Network full-time

Pros

Flexibility, benefits, family atmosphere, cutting edge technology, internal promotions available. Good fits for the organization are usually found out quickly which means that people that stay around are usually solid contributors.

Cons

Not really a negative but the company is growing and sometimes with growth there is added stress until the company catches up to the growth.

Interview/First Couple Months of Work

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Norcross, GA

I have been working at The Network full-time for less than a year

Pros

People are friendly, pay is fair, relaxed and professional atmosphere, good benefits. Company is expanding and there is opportunity for growth.

Cons

None so far at this time

None so far at this time

A stable company with many opportunities!

I have been working at The Network full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

After training and depending on how quick you learn your job duties, you have the opportunity to move to different areas within the company. It's a comfortable work environment and everyone knows your name since it's a mid sized company. It's like family. The company allows a generous amount of time off from work , even in your first year.

Cons

The yearly bonus could be a little higher. Even though you are hired for a particular position, at some point you will have to take on additional duties that is not in your job description.

Compensation should be increased considering the work load and demands.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

If you need a stable job this is it

I have been working at The Network full-time for more than a year

Pros

This company will provide you with steady income and there is opportunity for growth. The company is doing well financially and has a very vast number of clients (with the exception of Wal-Mart and Target almost any company you can think of is a client of The Network).

Cons

The pay could be higher for the type of work and the amount of calls taken per shift. Calls can be become very repetitive and life draining especially if you take compliance calls where you listen to people complain all day long. The company has a high turnover rate for this very reason.

Offer better pay to employees!

Program Manager

Former Employee - Program Manager  in  Norcross, GA
    Former Employee - Program Manager in Norcross, GA

I worked at The Network full-time for less than a year

Pros

The program that the clients and call center used is very stable and easily comprehended.

Cons

Constantly in "crisis mode". Relations within company departments is NOT good. Very few plans are stable and well thought out. It is amazing that the product is as good as it is.

Attendance and Point System is no good.

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at The Network

Pros

The points system does nothing for those with a great attendance record who may fall ill, have a family crisis, or any other emergency. No pros about it.

Cons

The points system is tricky and has recently changed. To miss a day from work on Friday, Saturday, Sunday, or Monday will cost you 6 points. Any other day is 4 points missed.

No one can keep up with the tricky way points are calculated. To have to take off half a day for an appointment or illness (from my own personal experience), 3 points are automatically taken away.) You may as well miss the whole day.

If you clock in one minute late, again from my experience, a whole point is deducted. If you miss one hour of work, there's 2-3 points right there. It's unevenly calculated for us. You may as well miss the whole day.

If the state is in a State of Emergency, and there's ice glazed over on the ground and you're unable to travel the roads & highways to get to work, well that's just too darn bad. The Network punished those of us call center employees who didn't spend the night at this place or risk our safety. They took points away for every single day that was missed for BOTH ice storms. The roads were not drive able for at least 3 days for each ice storm. 4- 16 points were lost from each storm for every person that did not want to be stuck on the roads for hours or risk their safety.

??? Why? Why would you want any employees to come out during a time where everyone is being advised to stay their butts off the roads? This affected people like myself who had a pretty good attendance record but ended up losing more than half my points because I wasn't already stuck here & didn't want to risk my safety to BE stuck here or in my car. I heard that when the state declares a State of Emergency, it's actually illegal to punish employees for not being out on the roads when told to avoid at all costs. That's something I will have to look into.

Nothing is ever approved. Throwing up and need to leave? Sure thing but it will be considered an "unapproved" absence. Just got a call that your kid needs to go home for whatever reason? Nice but unapproved. Car malfunctioned halfway down the street (coworkers can literally see you out the window stuck at entrance). Okay, great. UNAPPROVED.

We never get opportunities to earn points, anymore, due to a selected few who would work overtime to gain those points & then purposely miss days since they knew their points were built up. Well, thanks a lot. Earning .25 points on Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday only to get a whole point snatched away for clocking in a second late just doesn't cut it.

It's not easy to keep 12 or more points when you're only given 20, max out at 40, and are punished for staying safe. Some people were not affected by the storms. Their points were left alone. Some people miss days and (surprisingly) their points are not deducted- by accident? Don't know.

The points system did not work for me. It also needs to be updated to reflect the actual calculations now. More points are being deducted than the handbook states. Check your attendance cards & make sure it matches the handbook. That's all we have to go by.

The points system does not help employees with good attendance who may need time off for emergencies. You punished employees for staying safe.

Some recent bad hires have spoiled the company

Former Employee - Sales  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Sales in Atlanta, GA

I worked at The Network full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great office, a lot of products to sell, some good people to work with

Cons

pay is terrible - only comp on first year revenue of any deal. very difficult to make serious software money - but they are really a glorified call center and not a SaaS company as that's where most the money is generated. Also, new sales management is terrible unless you like to be micro managed

Get a true sales leader

Good job, but they do not value their employees.

I have been working at The Network full-time for less than a year

Pros

Interesting job
    Interview specialists have the ability to work from home
    Stable company
    Monthly bonus potential
    Overtime is almost always available

Cons

Not much opportunity for advancement
    The pay is below the market standard
    Management only cares about numbers
    Certain leadership tends to micromanage

Increase pay
    Offer development and opportunity to those who show promise
    Increase the quality of new hires
    Re-train the trainers

Great growth opportunities at The Network

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA

I have been working at The Network full-time for more than a year

Pros

The Network is a great growth company in a great growth industry. The future is bright and there is a lot of opportunity for bright, hardworking employees to grow with the company. The technology is cutting edge but the culture is laid back.

Cons

To really succeed here, you have to be self motivated. A lot of the training is self directed. Your growth opportunities won't be handed to you -- you have to seek it out. Great growth always brings some growing pains, too. However, they are addressing them as we go!

Invest in your employees. The more they know and the more they can grow than the better employees they will be!

Over Worked and Under Paid

I worked at The Network full-time

Pros

Co-Workers were great to work with

Cons

To much pressure from upper management. Had to much focus on the certification test. Quota is not realistic, out of 20 account executives and account managers, only 3 made quota.

Self trained, there is no training or help for a new hire. They have no training structure in their organization.

Get a training structure. Lower quota's.

Worked for The Network? Contribute to the Community!