The New India Assurance Company

Updated December 13, 2014
Updated December 13, 2014
3.8

CEO

My company has provided me with the confidence whilst facing the challenges in this world.

Current Employee - Administrative Officer in Kolhāpur, Maharashtra (India)
    Current Employee - Administrative Officer in Kolhāpur, Maharashtra (India)

I have been working at The New India Assurance Company full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

When I joined the company at Kolhapur, Maharashtra, it has given me the confidence in every aspect of my life i.e working together, enthusiasm for getting further education, not only for promotion but also for making me a learned man. It has also given me an opportunity for showing my skills in various sports. It has also provided me a lot and lot of friends.

Cons

Due to introduction of tailor made programmes now a days there is a feeling in every employee that there is nothing use his brain in the day to day work.

It will be better that the Higher management should try to feel the problems faced by the employees at the day to day working instead of just running behind the time schedule.

Took me back to the middle ages

Former Employee - Assistant Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager

I worked at The New India Assurance Company full-time

Pros

You will get to meet some really good and knowledgeable people here(number of such people can be counted in your finger tips).

Cons

This is a very old company - completed more than 100 years. The recruitment process in all these years has not been consistent. Hence, this company is filled with people who do not have a basic degree as a qualification. These people have reached top positions eventually and keep discarding the degree of the highly qualified Engineers, Chartered Accountants, Actuaries etc.

No advice. They are not capable of receiving any advice.

Ok Ok

I have been working at The New India Assurance Company

Pros

work life balance, easy going life

Cons

no raise and perks are less, monotonous work, politics

For a person with no prior experience and when choosing between banks & insurance companies, NIA is the place for you.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Hyderābād (India)
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Hyderābād (India)

I have been working at The New India Assurance Company full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

If you like working for a PSU and have the marketing flair then this would be the place for you

Cons

Salary increase
    Talent levels of colleagues in an office

New India Assurance- One of the best PSU employer in India

Current Employee - Administrative Officer in Calcutta (India)
    Current Employee - Administrative Officer in Calcutta (India)

Pros

Liberal Management, intelligent, hard-working and supportive people, very good pay package and other benefits, normal pressure of work, opportunity for foreign posting for talented and technically qualified Officers

Cons

Rubbish promotion policy (no seniority/uniformity, Management and Unions together decide whom to promote, no marks for sincerity, loyalty and hard work, not a single promotion for Class-III staffs in a lifetime), pay package much more less than private players, absence of proper marketing policy and customer service (especially in settlement of claims), conditions of most Micro Branch, Branch and Divisional offices are worse (not enough work-knowing people, absence of full-time Systems/IT Personnel, no Air-conditioners- employees are used to do their duty at 50-55 degree C in summers)

Introduction of proper marketing policy and speedy settlement of claims, incentive/rewards for performers and punishment for "kaamchor"/non-performers, promotion policy should be strictly based on educational/technical qualifications, seniority and work-record only, implementation of wage revision as per industry standards

as underwriter last 1 year in new India assurance. co.ltd.

Current Employee - Underwriter in Kolhāpur, Maharashtra (India)
    Current Employee - Underwriter in Kolhāpur, Maharashtra (India)

I have been working at The New India Assurance Company full-time (more than a year)

Pros

gov. operated company and the people trust on it.

Cons

there is no downsides of the company

please upgrade the system

The company Name is with, Assurance.means Co.Giving ASSURANCE to Policy Holders is only in New India Assurance co.Ltd .

Former Employee - Senior Divisional Manager in Ahmedabad (India)
    Former Employee - Senior Divisional Manager in Ahmedabad (India)

I worked at The New India Assurance Company full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I enjoy to work in co.,on various posts like Dev.Officer,ABM,BM,DM,Sr.divisional Manager and at last Manager during my service of 40 years 7 Months.Retired on 31st March 2010.was the Golden Period to serve my co's valued clients with team spirit work in various co's offices and its a really India's largest non life General Insurance co.

Cons

Primotions policy is not uptodate to place right person to right posts.

Required to place right person at right place of posting.

Its an honor for me to serve the nation through NEW INDIA.

Current Employee - WORKING IN A LARGEST DO
    Current Employee - WORKING IN A LARGEST DO

Pros

Great Company... great people.. I have come across all good people wherever I have worked.

Cons

I have not seen any cons during the last 39 yrs.

Please look at all the levels equally while recognize ones capability.....

No.1 company in non life insurance in india

Former Employee - Administrative Officer in Chennai (India)
    Former Employee - Administrative Officer in Chennai (India)

I worked at The New India Assurance Company full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

cordial relation ship between management and employee, Least disturbance while promotional transfers

Cons

using paper work even after implementation of on line wherever not necessary

implementation on line insurance for fresh and renewal, which are mainly connected with public

Very rewarding and satisfying at the same time challenging and friendly environment...

Current Employee - Regional Internal Audit Manager in Kānpur, Uttar Pradesh (India)

Pros

Very secured job, management very caring and recognizing...

Cons

Bit of bureaucratic and political influences...

Be little more assertive and businesslike...

The New India Assurance Company Photos