The New India Assurance Company

Employment Status

Reset
4.1
CEO

Took me back to the middle ages

Former Employee - Assistant Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager

I worked at The New India Assurance Company full-time

Pros

You will get to meet some really good and knowledgeable people here(number of such people can be counted in your finger tips).

Cons

This is a very old company - completed more than 100 years. The recruitment process in all these years has not been consistent. Hence, this company is filled with people who do not have a basic degree as a qualification. These people have reached top positions eventually and keep discarding the degree of the highly qualified Engineers, Chartered Accountants, Actuaries etc.

Advice to Management

No advice. They are not capable of receiving any advice.

2. Dynamic work force under a dedicated CEO

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

I have been working at The New India Assurance Company full-time

Pros

A great work place with good opportunities to learn about general insurance and grow up to top positions.

Cons

Do not expect any shortcut to success. Hard work will certainly rewarded.

Advice to Management

National level Media advertisements will help to spread our brand image to the public.

3. A typical PSU

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chandigarh (India)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chandigarh (India)

Pros

No stress during working. Ideal for those wanting a balance between work and life

Cons

Very bureaucratic organization with little opportunity for personal growth

Advice to Management

Review performance parameters

5. Only in one word say 'EXCELLENCE'...........Company.

Pros

Underwriting and Claim's no.1 to satisfied clients and Profit Making co. giving best amount to Govt . as dividend.

Cons

Required to very honest and dedicated in co.

Advice to Management

Required to posted near to Home Town can save transportation time and Money with attending office having fresh mind to work hard in the company.

6. Ok Ok

Pros

work life balance, easy going life

Cons

no raise and perks are less, monotonous work, politics

For a person with no prior experience and when choosing between banks & insurance companies, NIA is the place for you.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Hyderābād (India)
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Hyderābād (India)

I have been working at The New India Assurance Company full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you like working for a PSU and have the marketing flair then this would be the place for you

Cons

Salary increase Talent levels of colleagues in an office

My company has provided me with the confidence whilst facing the challenges in this world.

Current Employee - Administrative Officer in Kolhāpur, Maharashtra (India)
    Current Employee - Administrative Officer in Kolhāpur, Maharashtra (India)

I have been working at The New India Assurance Company full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

When I joined the company at Kolhapur, Maharashtra, it has given me the confidence in every aspect of my life i.e working together, enthusiasm for getting further education, not only for promotion but also for making me a learned man. It has also given me an opportunity for showing my skills in various sports. It has also provided me a lot and lot of friends.

Cons

Due to introduction of tailor made programmes now a days there is a feeling in every employee that there is nothing use his brain in the day to day work.

Advice to Management

It will be better that the Higher management should try to feel the problems faced by the employees at the day to day working instead of just running behind the time schedule.

New India Assurance- One of the best PSU employer in India

Current Employee - Administrative Officer in Calcutta (India)
    Current Employee - Administrative Officer in Calcutta (India)

Pros

Liberal Management, intelligent, hard-working and supportive people, very good pay package and other benefits, normal pressure of work, opportunity for foreign posting for talented and technically qualified Officers

Cons

Rubbish promotion policy (no seniority/uniformity, Management and Unions together decide whom to promote, no marks for sincerity, loyalty and hard work, not a single promotion for Class-III staffs in a lifetime), pay package much more less than private players, absence of proper marketing policy and customer service (especially in settlement of claims), conditions of most Micro Branch, Branch and Divisional offices are worse (not enough work-knowing people, absence of full-time Systems/IT Personnel, no Air-conditioners- employees are used to do their duty at 50-55 degree C in summers)

Advice to Management

Introduction of proper marketing policy and speedy settlement of claims, incentive/rewards for performers and punishment for "kaamchor"/non-performers, promotion policy should be strictly based on educational/technical qualifications, seniority and work-record only, implementation of wage revision as per industry standards

10. as underwriter last 1 year in new India assurance. co.ltd.

Current Employee - Underwriter in Kolhāpur, Maharashtra (India)
    Current Employee - Underwriter in Kolhāpur, Maharashtra (India)

I have been working at The New India Assurance Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

gov. operated company and the people trust on it.

Cons

there is no downsides of the company

Advice to Management

please upgrade the system

The company Name is with, Assurance.means Co.Giving ASSURANCE to Policy Holders is only in New India Assurance co.Ltd .

Former Employee - Senior Divisional Manager in Ahmedabad (India)
    Former Employee - Senior Divisional Manager in Ahmedabad (India)

I worked at The New India Assurance Company full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I enjoy to work in co.,on various posts like Dev.Officer,ABM,BM,DM,Sr.divisional Manager and at last Manager during my service of 40 years 7 Months.Retired on 31st March 2010.was the Golden Period to serve my co's valued clients with team spirit work in various co's offices and its a really India's largest non life General Insurance co.

Cons

Primotions policy is not uptodate to place right person to right posts.

Advice to Management

Required to place right person at right place of posting.

RSS Feed </> Embed