The New India Assurance Company
www.newindia.co.in Mumbai, India 5000+ Employees

The New India Assurance Company Reviews

Updated Mar 16, 2014

My company has provided me with the confidence whilst facing the challenges in this world.

Administrative Officer (Current Employee)
Kolhāpur, Maharashtra (India)

I have been working at The New India Assurance Company full-time for more than 10 years

ProsWhen I joined the company at Kolhapur, Maharashtra, it has given me the confidence in every aspect of my life i.e working together, enthusiasm for getting further education, not only for promotion but also for making me a learned man. It has also given me an opportunity for showing my skills in various sports. It has also provided me a lot and lot of friends.

ConsDue to introduction of tailor made programmes now a days there is a feeling in every employee that there is nothing use his brain in the day to day work.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt will be better that the Higher management should try to feel the problems faced by the employees at the day to day working instead of just running behind the time schedule.

Took me back to the middle ages

Assistant Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at The New India Assurance Company full-time

ProsYou will get to meet some really good and knowledgeable people here(number of such people can be counted in your finger tips).

ConsThis is a very old company - completed more than 100 years. The recruitment process in all these years has not been consistent. Hence, this company is filled with people who do not have a basic degree as a qualification. These people have reached top positions eventually and keep discarding the degree of the highly qualified Engineers, Chartered Accountants, Actuaries etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice. They are not capable of receiving any advice.

New India Assurance- One of the best PSU employer in India

Administrative Officer (Current Employee)
Calcutta (India)

ProsLiberal Management, intelligent, hard-working and supportive people, very good pay package and other benefits, normal pressure of work, opportunity for foreign posting for talented and technically qualified Officers

ConsRubbish promotion policy (no seniority/uniformity, Management and Unions together decide whom to promote, no marks for sincerity, loyalty and hard work, not a single promotion for Class-III staffs in a lifetime), pay package much more less than private players, absence of proper marketing policy and customer service (especially in settlement of claims), conditions of most Micro Branch, Branch and Divisional offices are worse (not enough work-knowing people, absence of full-time Systems/IT Personnel, no Air-conditioners- employees are used to do their duty at 50-55 degree C in summers)

Advice to Senior ManagementIntroduction of proper marketing policy and speedy settlement of claims, incentive/rewards for performers and punishment for "kaamchor"/non-performers, promotion policy should be strictly based on educational/technical qualifications, seniority and work-record only, implementation of wage revision as per industry standards

as underwriter last 1 year in new India assurance. co.ltd.

Underwriter (Current Employee)
Kolhāpur, Maharashtra (India)

I have been working at The New India Assurance Company full-time for more than a year

Prosgov. operated company and the people trust on it.

Consthere is no downsides of the company

Advice to Senior Managementplease upgrade the system

The company Name is with, Assurance.means Co.Giving ASSURANCE to Policy Holders is only in New India Assurance co.Ltd .

Senior Divisional Manager (Former Employee)
Ahmedabad (India)

I worked at The New India Assurance Company full-time for more than 10 years

ProsI enjoy to work in co.,on various posts like Dev.Officer,ABM,BM,DM,Sr.divisional Manager and at last Manager during my service of 40 years 7 Months.Retired on 31st March 2010.was the Golden Period to serve my co's valued clients with team spirit work in various co's offices and its a really India's largest non life General Insurance co.

ConsPrimotions policy is not uptodate to place right person to right posts.

Advice to Senior ManagementRequired to place right person at right place of posting.

Its an honor for me to serve the nation through NEW INDIA.

WORKING IN A LARGEST DO (Current Employee)

ProsGreat Company... great people.. I have come across all good people wherever I have worked.

ConsI have not seen any cons during the last 39 yrs.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease look at all the levels equally while recognize ones capability.....

No.1 company in non life insurance in india

Administrative Officer (Former Employee)
Chennai (India)

I worked at The New India Assurance Company full-time for more than 10 years

Proscordial relation ship between management and employee, Least disturbance while promotional transfers

Consusing paper work even after implementation of on line wherever not necessary

Advice to Senior Managementimplementation on line insurance for fresh and renewal, which are mainly connected with public

Very rewarding and satisfying at the same time challenging and friendly environment...

Regional Internal Audit Manager (Current Employee)
Kānpur, Uttar Pradesh (India)

ProsVery secured job, management very caring and recognizing...

ConsBit of bureaucratic and political influences...

Advice to Senior ManagementBe little more assertive and businesslike...

In house review of the Company

Middle Management (Current Employee)
New Delhi (India)

ProsThe largest General Insurance Co. in the Asia Pecific and undisputed leader for last 30 years. True to its slogan "BORN TO LEAD". Salute to our expertise team spirit.

ConsNeed to be more aggressive in Marketing and Claim Settlement. Updation of IT is also an area of concern. The higher ups needed to be more quick in disposal.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe fast in decision making and approach needed to be positive.

Great working experience.. however there are setbacks generally associated with Govt. firms

I have been working at The New India Assurance Company full-time

ProsGood for people with lesser ambitions and drive

ConsSetbacks that are generally associated with Govt,. Firms

Worked for The New India Assurance Company? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The New India Assurance Company reviews and ratings. All 21 reviews posted anonymously by The New India Assurance Company employees.