The Newberry Group

Updated Feb 12, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Chris Steinbach

The Newberry Group Inc. always pushes to be the best!

Na (Current Employee) Saint Charles, MO

ProsThe Newberry Group Inc. always pushes to be the best! When new technology comes on the market, The Newberry Group is the first to understand it, manage it and maintain it.

ConsBeing a company that is built on process and making process improvements, sometimes there are employees that take longer to understand and become familiar with the process.

Advice to Senior ManagementPraise your employees for a job well done.

Incident Manager

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAt first the management was very interested in every ones happiness.

ConsManagement changed. Never returned calls. Employees never knew what was going on with contract issues. NO assistance at all

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention and act like you care about your employees.

Ok if you are unemployed

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe benefits are good and the work load is not overwhelming. Co workers are very nice and make the job tolerable.

ConsLack of management. The focus of the company's direction changes regularly. It is almost as if management wants the company to fail.

Advice to Senior ManagementSeek advice from people that can manage

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Don't let them string you along!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Columbia, MD

ProsInteresting work, cmd labs a separate subsidiary of Newberry are an amazing group...very sharp and definitely know their stuff.

ConsThey get people interested in the company and work, get permission to use their resume, then string people along - saying work will come soon. The recruiters sound like they have the work but they don't - want to use resume. The management is not interested in the employees but in stock options. Pay is low, benefits expensive and low tier.
    No employee growth. Did not pay for school, training or certs - depends on supervisor - even though I was told it was company policy - the supervisor denied to pay for it - said company did not have the money.

Advice to Senior ManagementChris was great but the management and HR were not. I don't know how Chris will ever get the corporate culture over the dysfunctional family atmosphere - it's a small company. There is no privacy - everybody knows everything even HR private info.

Could really be great

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsHad good benefits. Decent salaries. Employee-owned great concept with great potential.. Work is good.

ConsCEO of 4 years has not changed the corporate culture to use the advantages of employee-owned. Dysfunctional environment. Not very cohesive with people working together. Management seems self-serving, top heavy and not supporting and managing towards growing the company. Staff not engaged as employee-owners or a team. Wasting opportunity. Concerned about viability.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet the right team employed to grow the company so employees can build their future with the benefits of employee ownership. Remove dysfunctional management and employees. Past is the past and the world has changed. Realize current management has been in place for several years and is therefore responsible and accountable for growth and success or lack thereof.

Growing pains

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsChris Steinbach has a tough job trying to change corporate culture. Some of the people I worked with were great.

ConsI received an offer letter and accepted. Turned down other jobs. The night before I was due to show up I was told never mind, the job didn't exist. I called the CEO and he apologized and had me put on another contract. The management was very difficult to work with. Turns out that salaries and titles change with the job.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange your managers - the corporate culture is for the management to take care of itself and not employees.

Worked for The Newberry Group? Contribute to the Community!