The Newberry Group Reviews

1. Not a bad place to start

Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Columbus, OH

I have been working at The Newberry Group

Pros

Office culture is very quiet, people are pretty nice. Good environment.

Cons

Training is essentially non-existent. Expect knowledge of all systems and information to begin position. Contracting position requires not a true sense of job security.

Establish a plan for new-hire employees. Coming into a system administrator position one should not have to wait multiple weeks to get access to a computer, let alone a database or application on the computer.

2. the small public relations and marketing firm staff nice people with an interesting owner

Former Intern - Internship in East Providence, RI
    Former Intern - Internship in East Providence, RI

I worked at The Newberry Group as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Nice employees
    Don't ask too much of interns

Cons

Boring people, Small office, Limited freedom for interns

Pay interns and then provide them with more work

Incident Manager

I worked at The Newberry Group

Pros

At first the management was very interested in every ones happiness.

Cons

Management changed. Never returned calls. Employees never knew what was going on with contract issues. NO assistance at all

Pay attention and act like you care about your employees.

Ok if you are unemployed

I worked at The Newberry Group full-time

Pros

The benefits are good and the work load is not overwhelming. Co workers are very nice and make the job tolerable.

Cons

Lack of management. The focus of the company's direction changes regularly. It is almost as if management wants the company to fail.

Seek advice from people that can manage

Don't let them string you along!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

I worked at The Newberry Group

Pros

Interesting work, cmd labs a separate subsidiary of Newberry are an amazing group...very sharp and definitely know their stuff.

Cons

They get people interested in the company and work, get permission to use their resume, then string people along - saying work will come soon. The recruiters sound like they have the work but they don't - want to use resume. The management is not interested in the employees but in stock options. Pay is low, benefits expensive and low tier.
    No employee growth. Did not pay for school, training or certs - depends on supervisor - even though I was told it was company policy - the supervisor denied to pay for it - said company did not have the money.

Chris was great but the management and HR were not. I don't know how Chris will ever get the corporate culture over the dysfunctional family atmosphere - it's a small company. There is no privacy - everybody knows everything even HR private info.

7. The Newberry Group Inc. always pushes to be the best!

Current Employee - Na in Saint Charles, MO
    Current Employee - Na in Saint Charles, MO

I have been working at The Newberry Group

Pros

The Newberry Group Inc. always pushes to be the best! When new technology comes on the market, The Newberry Group is the first to understand it, manage it and maintain it.

Cons

Being a company that is built on process and making process improvements, sometimes there are employees that take longer to understand and become familiar with the process.

Praise your employees for a job well done.

Could really be great

I worked at The Newberry Group full-time

Pros

Had good benefits. Decent salaries. Employee-owned great concept with great potential.. Work is good.

Cons

CEO of 4 years has not changed the corporate culture to use the advantages of employee-owned. Dysfunctional environment. Not very cohesive with people working together. Management seems self-serving, top heavy and not supporting and managing towards growing the company. Staff not engaged as employee-owners or a team. Wasting opportunity. Concerned about viability.

Get the right team employed to grow the company so employees can build their future with the benefits of employee ownership. Remove dysfunctional management and employees. Past is the past and the world has changed. Realize current management has been in place for several years and is therefore responsible and accountable for growth and success or lack thereof.

Growing pains

I worked at The Newberry Group full-time

Pros

Chris Steinbach has a tough job trying to change corporate culture. Some of the people I worked with were great.

Cons

I received an offer letter and accepted. Turned down other jobs. The night before I was due to show up I was told never mind, the job didn't exist. I called the CEO and he apologized and had me put on another contract. The management was very difficult to work with. Turns out that salaries and titles change with the job.

Change your managers - the corporate culture is for the management to take care of itself and not employees.