The Oakleaf Group

www.theoakleafgroup.com

The Oakleaf Group Reviews

Updated Jun 30, 2014
The Oakleaf Group – Chevy Chase – “HQ”

Matt Smith

Oakleaf

Core Consultant (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsCompensation is good; Work/life balance is good for some; terrible for others. Colleagues are bright and hard-working.

ConsI've been at Oakleaf for more than 3 years. Recently, I have had to keep my resume updated, because I am not sure if I might get laid off when my project ends like everyone else. Management egos get in the way of real work. Fannie and Freddie nepotism is rampant. The company is struggling because there is absolutely no continuity or consistency. Very high turnover, people keep leaving.

Disappointed

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsThe president seems like a nice guy who cares about his business, and he's very knowledgeable about the industry.
    The pay is good and this is one of the few companies who will take you as a W2, 1099 or corp-to-corp. The recruiter has control, and you can negotiate basically anything with him.
    If you do a good job for your client, there's a lot of opportunity to work long term or even get hired on there.
    A lot of good coworkers who know how to be consultants.

ConsNo one in management cares about the employees. It's a really small company, and yet they can't even seem to get my name right. Ever. There's no engagement from management (what little management there is), and no respect.
    Management does not follow through on promises, suggestions, etc.
    No W2 last time around (still waiting this time), and no HR department to fix it. No real internal structure.
    There's a lot of turnover. Most of the really good people leave or get let go.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou're not a consulting firm, but pretty good as a staffing/temp agency. Develop a business model as a staffing company, and you won't have to address a lot of the issues you have right now as a wannabe consulting firm, because expectations are so much different/lower from an temp agency than an employer.

very bad experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Chevy Chase, MD

ProsOnly the Pay was good

Conswrong pay check, no HR person responsible, management is hands off, don't care about employees

Advice to Senior Managementbe more involved and treat employees with respect

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fast Growing Company

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsIt's a fast growing company with over 50 people. It's now a full fledge consulting firm where hiring is occuring weekly due to the great work that is going on. I'm new and started recently and this is what my pulse of the firm is now.

Management can be quite busy but they try hard and are dedicated to improvement. this firm has a lot of growth and opportunities ahead of it and if you like a small company growing to a mid-size feel and like to tackle challenges and help them figure out opportunities then you will be in a great place.

ConsI can understand the feeling others have that it is a "staffing firm" But hey, it's a small company that's working real hard to grow and is.

If you like the big corporation feel with all the departments and bureacracy, this type of environment may not be for you

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work in winning more contracts and opportunities but continue to focus on employee engagement and development.

Great Temp Agency.

Contractor (Current Employee)

Pros-quick recruiting.
    -no real boss.
    -great pay.
    -Room to negotiate your own rates since you are the contract consultant.

Cons-high turnover rate.
    -not a real consulting firm, but a decent temp agency.
    -no real structure to company.
    -no real opportunities to grow professionally. Just a temporary gig.

Advice to Senior ManagementUse your core competencies more effectively. "recruiting". Eliminate unecessary
    costs-jobs that don't revolve around recruiting.

oakleaf

ProsFair treatment, good benefits, President dedicated to expanding workforce. Socail activity

Consshort contract duration, high turnover

Very disappointing...

ProsThey allow for great flexibility and control.

ConsThere is no business model. Management considers itself a consulting firm, when it really is a staffing firm.

Advice to Senior ManagementChoose a focus for the company and stick with it. You can't be everything to all people.

Worked for The Oakleaf Group? Contribute to the Community!