The Pet Firm

CEO

Review

Former Employee - Product Promoter in Tallahassee, FL
    Former Employee - Product Promoter in Tallahassee, FL

I worked at The Pet Firm part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good Pay and good customers

Cons

Stand in one spot for hours

None

Part-Time Brand Ambassador

Current Employee - Brand Ambassador in Erie, PA
    Current Employee - Brand Ambassador in Erie, PA

I have been working at The Pet Firm as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

I've worked as a part-time Brand Ambassador for several years. Scheduling is very flexible & the pay is $14/hr, which is double what retail stores in my area offer. I have always been able to schedule around my availability with no problem. My team lead is great to work with & she even told me that I found my calling.

Cons

The FETCH system works fine for me, but is archaic. There is a separate payroll system which requires a separate log in and password. Initially when I was hired I got the run around with the new hire paperwork. There is limited work in my area, so I average 2 days a month.

The FETCH system is a bit glitchy. Working as a Brand Ambassador has been a very positive experience. The management team has been a pleasure to work with.

The {Pet Firm is Great!

Current Employee - Demonstrator in Quincy Center, MA
    Current Employee - Demonstrator in Quincy Center, MA

I have been working at The Pet Firm part-time (more than an year)

Pros

There is nothing bad avout the Pet Firm!

Cons

There are no cons available!

Management is Wonderful and Fun!

Company expects to much from you

Current Employee - Merchandiser in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Merchandiser in Austin, TX

I have been working at The Pet Firm part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Starting pay was decent and no weekends.

Cons

Really demanding DM's and their HELPERS are not very bright. Tons of emails and ever changing objectives. So confusing and DM expects us to site by our computer to wait for her emails.
    DM is very condescending. It's her way or the highway and she is ALWAYS RIGHT!

Give employees raises. Worked for your company for years and no raise. just negative feedback always. Never praise. DM is very condescending. It's her way or the highway and she is ALWAYS RIGHT!

Fun way to learn of wholesome products for pet lovers.

Current Employee - Product Demonstrator in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Product Demonstrator in Washington, DC

I have been working at The Pet Firm full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Better to schedule time off ahead by two weeks.

Cons

Assignments aren't regular, just on ad off again.

Ready to quit after 5 years

Current Employee - Merchadiser
    Current Employee - Merchadiser

I have been working at The Pet Firm part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I love working in the pet industry! Being able to implement and introduce new and better items to be proactive with our pet's health and well being

Cons

The Company doesn't care about any of that. It's all about how many vendors they can get on board and service with the least time possible via TPF employees so that THEY make the buck and not the vendor nor the employee.

The Fetch system simply sucks and most often does not work.

the DM's nickle and dime you to death if you run over allotted times by the minute and then blame YOU if everything isn't perfect when you have to ruch, ruch through your assignments.

They have ZERO concept of "online reporting times". If you require tons of pics set to certain size and oirientation parameters, you have to allocate time for people to take all of those raw pics into a program, like Photoshop, or what have you, clean them up size them down, etc, and you still expect people to get this AS WELL as Fetch reporting when you click your fingers off hundreds of times because these people cannot seem to understand HOW to streamline this process like MOST OTHER COMPANIES DO.

Backstabbing DM's who really do NOT value good employees, and never get pay raises or so much as a thank you, job well done.

Either grow a brain and get rid of the archiac systems you work with as well as some of the archaic DM's and bring in some of your long time field reps that actually give a crap, or don't bother.

Growing!!

I have been working at The Pet Firm full-time (more than an year)

Pros

So many different opportunities, sales, management, merchandising, demos, analytic team, with all the departments growing with the company, there are new opportunities behind every door.

Cons

busy busy busy!! that's not a bad thing, but with massive growth comes some trial and tribulations, nothing that is not expected.

make sure to know what you show!, don't jump in both feet, but keep being aggressive.

Fun Culture, Fanatic Leaders.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at The Pet Firm full-time (more than an year)

Pros

commissions, spiffs, and great compensation, lunches, dinners, family friendly, management actually cares about you outside the doors.

Cons

HUGE coverage, small office, but people see new chances to move forward because if you are not strong and cannot keep up, you will feel heat on your heels.

employee recognition programs, keep up with training needs, and keep the work life balance to keep people happy.

Current employee

Current Employee - Territory Representative in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Territory Representative in Dallas, TX

I have been working at The Pet Firm part-time (less than an year)

Pros

All I can think of is that I have been paid every two weeks.

Cons

The pay is low, mileage reimbursement when only going over 30 miles and then it's only $0.33 cents a mile. The website/software is either out of date or simply sucks. Your mind goes numb trying to figure out every assignment and then going home and trying to enter everything into their system.

I don't know if there is any management. I think they have hundreds of part timers running around trying to do the right thing and then pure silence from the corporate office. I really think they're one of those companies that pretends to have a corporate office and then you find out it's being run out someone's garage. Just like the FedEx commercial!

GREAT JOB!! Only Average Company

Former Employee - Brand Ambassador in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Brand Ambassador in Denver, CO

I worked at The Pet Firm part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pretty much can set your own schedule; good pay for what the job entails; great opportunity to excel in customer relations and learn about many pet-related products (mostly premium dog and cat food) and get really good coupons to help offset your own pet expenses.

Cons

Management shifts responsibilities to other District Managers and "the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing!!" is an old cliché but fits. I worked for this company for 4 years and did ALL and MORE than was asked of me but was terminated by a new manager who didn't know my work ethic and didn't even have the courtesy to let me know I was fired. No opportunity for raises. No feedback on whether you're doing a good job or not, even when begged for.

Get behind your reps!!! Give them some feedback. Offer incentives or raises. Don't discard good people.