The Post Oak School

3.8
CEO

1. A review of the post oak school

I worked at The Post Oak School

Pros

The Post Oak School is one of the top Montessori School's in the state of Texas, it has maintained this through treating all staff members well and fairly. The school offers amazing benefits such as summers off, insurance, 401k which they buy into, they also pay their employees a very nice salary. The people who work at post oak are dedicated and talented, their main focus is the children's well beings and helping the children reach their full potential.

Cons

This work is not easy, it requires a lot from a person, both physically and mentally. You will end up working long hours, and there is a lot that expected of you as a teacher or any staff member.

2. Admin

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellaire, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellaire, TX

I worked at The Post Oak School

Pros

I work in the administrative staff area for several years. The co-workers were pleasant enough and the pay was higher than other similar schools for my position. As for the person who said they wouldn't send their child there after having worked there - I completely disagree. After having worked there and having my eyes opened to this wonderful school and amazing world of Montessori (done VERY well by this particular school), if I had children, I wouldn't want to send them anywhere else. Children who attend here actually WANT to go to school. And working here was pretty good, overall.

Cons

There was a lack of adequate office space in the front area of the building on the Bellaire, TX campus, but I think they were getting it sorted out at the time the high school opened in the Museum District several years ago.

Wouldn't even send my own child there.

Former Employee - Elementary Teacher in Bellaire, TX
    Former Employee - Elementary Teacher in Bellaire, TX

I worked at The Post Oak School full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Some great caring teachers. Benefits are avg for a school. Each teacher is given money for professional development. They had a great Middle School administrator but treated her very bad. She is no longer there.

Cons

Administration is unfair and dishonest with teachers and parents. Teachers aren't allowed to discipline students and administration refuses to discipline and address troubled students.

Advice to Management

Find a new elementary director. At least someone with morals and values. Find someone who has people skills and can be a good leader that the teachers/staff can respect.

5. This is a great place to work.

I worked at The Post Oak School full-time

Pros

This school offers great colleagues and bright students. There are opportunities for professional development. They offer good benefits. There are a good number of sick & personal days and a good number of vacation days.

Cons

There is nothing significant to mention here.

Advice to Management

I plead the 5th.

RSS Feed </> Embed