The Primary Group

www.theprimarygroup.com

The Primary Group Reviews

2.0

Paul Cresho

Nice people. Only one division makes money, the other is a lost cause.

Former Employee - Recruiter in Longwood, FL
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Longwood, FL

I worked at The Primary Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Nice people. If you get in the retained division, then you have a good chance in making some money. Candidates that you'll be calling on don't have a book of business to transfer over and chances are they may get the same pay or better if they are placed. Don't get me wrong, it is hard work, but you will be rewarded for it.

Cons

If you get hired for Brokerage, don't expect to make any money. It is very difficult to break into the market. At the time of this review, the company has two clients. One of which had 60 placements year to date (in September) nationwide. With about 40 to 50 other offices competing for the same candidates, it's virtually dumb luck and timing if you place anyone. Expect to make 60 to 90 calls a day and getting about 99% voice mails, receptionist taking your message or "not interested" from financial advisors. Yes, you "could" place a high producing Financial Advisor, or large team. But chances of that are very slim, and if you did place someone you'll get a huge check, but most likely you'll be paying down your draw, so you won't see any of it. Chances are, if you mention this review, management will tell you they know who wrote this and that that person sucks. Just do yourself a favor and look at the TV in the "bull pin", pay close attention to the numbers in the brokerage division. You'll see a lot of zero's, they were there when I started and they were there when I left. Remember the numbers don't lie.

Don't hire people telling them what % they will earn then switch it on them, it happen to me twice in a short period of time. Spend some money on online marketing. Im sure FA's google whats out there, take advantage of that. And if you dont spend money on marketing and better training, then shut down brokerage and focus on expanding retained division and open up to other markets, its cash cow now, you can turn it into a huge money tree if you do what I recommend.

Good people to work with. Hard industry to break into.

Former Employee - Executive Recruiter in Sanford, FL
    Former Employee - Executive Recruiter in Sanford, FL

I worked at The Primary Group

Pros

Great people for the most part.

Cons

Poor training and high turnover.

Get trainers that know what they are doing.