The Prudential Real Estate Affiliates

Residential Real Estate Agent

Current Employee - Residential Real Estate Agent in Wilmington, NC
    Current Employee - Residential Real Estate Agent in Wilmington, NC

I have been working at The Prudential Real Estate Affiliates

Pros

The extensive network the company has. As an agent in a market that is largerly driven by resort and the retiree market, its good to work with a common name brand.

Cons

Little in the way of national advertising. The national marketing campaign is quite useless.

See above

A decent place to work....But....

Current Employee - Realtor Consultant in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Realtor Consultant in Austin, TX

I have been working at The Prudential Real Estate Affiliates

Pros

Very relaxed place to work. Everyone is friendly and supportive.

Cons

It's a boring environment and not much interaction is going on. Everyone is pretty much just working on whatever they need to deal with at the time. Not much strategic direction and bigger picture thinking going on.

Bring people together more often so we can get to know each other better. Provide a clearer direction for where the company is going.

Prudential Carolinas Realty is a company with great potential that's currently under poor leadership.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

I have been working at The Prudential Real Estate Affiliates

Pros

It's a company that's likely to be in business for a long time because of its affiliations with Prudential and HomeServices. Individual employees are mostly dedicated, kind and understanding.

Cons

Management is more concerned about the bottom line than about the employees who work there. People are secretly promoted without even interviewing other candidates. There are also way too many in upper management who don't even live in the town where we're headquartered! It's hard to sell real estate or understand the market if you're not there on a regular basis! Since the departure of Robert Helms, the company has just not been the same.

Don't assume the person you see most is the person who does the most work. It's often the people behind the scenes who do the work that others present and pass off as theirs.

A good place to work in

Former Employee - Assistant Human Resources Manager in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Former Employee - Assistant Human Resources Manager in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I worked at The Prudential Real Estate Affiliates full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Open communication
    Environment was good
    Good mix of people from different parts of the world
    Decent benefits
    APAC had a good attention from the head office; they visited regularly

Cons

Manual environment - not much systems in place which can make work cumbersome

Fair

Former Employee - Accounts Payable Coordinator in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Accounts Payable Coordinator in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at The Prudential Real Estate Affiliates as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

fair salaries and good location

Cons

less promotion and compensation benefits

One of the best experiences of my professional career.

Former Employee - Realtor
    Former Employee - Realtor

I worked at The Prudential Real Estate Affiliates

Pros

The people. The technology. The Management. All Awewome.

Cons

Long Hours, but it goes with the territory

Communicate more

Overall Prudential Real Estate Affiliates is an industry leading Real Estate company.

Former Employee - Real Estate Broker
    Former Employee - Real Estate Broker

I worked at The Prudential Real Estate Affiliates

Pros

Great Brand, great people, and they have some innovative lead capture technology that will make it easier to suceed. If thinking about a Real Estate career or Company change I would recommend Prudential.

Cons

Because this is a company of affiliates, there can sometimes be a one size fits all approach when what is needed is a more specific, detailed plan.

Keep the brand name regardless of ownership changes, keep up the technology push and do everything possible to connect more with the inidividual Agents.

Prudential California Realty must be quite different from The Prudential Real Estate Affiliates

I worked at The Prudential Real Estate Affiliates

Pros

The hours aren't bad and they let you take time off. Sometimes they are generous. The pay is fairly decent.

Cons

I completely disliked working here. I thought it was unfair the way I was treated. I heard opinions on things that would happen at Prudential California Realty in the Del Mar Heights area. The opinions I heard were that some of the things the company did tended to not be nice or completely upfront with others. So I recommend people I know to not apply to Prudential California Realty. I don't think the compensation is worth it.

Make sure all aspects of the business are fair. It is hard for everyone to advance a mission if there is mistrust. Give people notice if they will be fired and give them severance. It's the only way to be fair.

interesting

I have been working at The Prudential Real Estate Affiliates

Pros

technology and advertising are excellent at the firm.

Cons

Economy has played a major factor with growth. Only advancement is to gain broker associate license. The fees involved are much compared to other brokerage firms.

Overall a positive experience

Current Employee - Office Administrator
    Current Employee - Office Administrator

I have been working at The Prudential Real Estate Affiliates

Pros

Flexible schedule, understanding of family obligations, overall stable company, top real estate broker. If job is well completed, long term employment is possible.

Cons

Employee appreciation could be greater, need more staff at corporate level, could benefit from better organization and communication. No room for advancement.

Better value employees, welcome feedback from employees.

The Prudential Real Estate Affiliates Photos