The Rank Group

Be The First To
Add Photos

The Rank Group Chairman & CEO Ian Burke

Ian Burke

Great people, not a great company.

London, England (UK)

I worked at The Rank Group full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat, friendly people. The employees make the company.

ConsManagement does not care about employees. Very secretive culture. Not much dialogue. Senior management makes decisions and filters down. Even though the company claims to follow certain values it does not show. There are differences between the digital and retail sides of the business. Senior management very inconsistent.

Please apply if you're interested in internal politics and back-stabbing

London, England (UK)

I worked at The Rank Group full-time for less than a year

ProsThe people I worked with were pretty nice, the salary was competitive and the location was pretty good as well.

ConsWow OK...So the internal politics in this place is scary. Everyone seemed to have an opinion on everyone else and would react very badly to anyone who had an opinion that differed from their own.
The digital and print sides of the business are constantly bashing heads with each other. This is caused by a lack of support from management and conflicting company mission statements and brand values. There was also a lack of key personal that would be needed to make both departments work efficiently.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe management are like current government MPs...out of touch and out of time.
I don't think the business will last 5 years.

Land of "the lost"

Consultant (Former Employee)
Maidenhead, England (UK)

I worked at The Rank Group as a contractor for less than a year

ProsStrong Retail Presence. People are nice .

ConsI was there as a external consultant for few months, worked with all levels of management - CEO to Junior level Assistants. People are just clueless broadly speaking , they are doing things without any clear direction or strategy . Most of the employees are poorly skilled for their roles and i suspect are low paid, they are good at complaining about things however no one is willing to take charge and fix issues. If someone tries to resolve business issues it makes permanent employees nervous as they are well aware once issues are fixed they will have to work and they are just not fit for purpose. Middle/ Senior level mgmt. People ask for things without being able to explain benefits of investment.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire high calibre experinced people from good companies and pay them well . adapt best practices from various industry sectors and upskill or remove non-performers - top to bottom . Enculcate business vision across all area's of buisness just not write it in annual reports for the city. Company needs a major buisness transformation just not quick fixes if it is to compete in tough market.

Horrendous! Seriously, be warned about this company!

Sales Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at The Rank Group full-time for more than a year

ProsFree Private Healthcare
Free meals

ConsManagement - Need to learn some respect and not talk down to staff
Working Hours

Advice to Senior ManagementThis is the worst company I have EVER worked for. I was employed as a Sales Manager and my life was hell. They are fine when you are hitting your sales targets but otherwise they are forceful and quite simply awful to work for. They harrass you constantly regardless of whether you are performing or not. Also be prepared to work all of the hours under the sun and get no thanks what so ever!

its so - so working there at best

I worked at The Rank Group

Prosgood people who are a lot of fun

Consmanagement tend to be incompetent

Advice to Senior Managementshape up or ship out

Worked for The Rank Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Rank Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for The Rank Group CEO Ian Burke. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by The Rank Group employees.