The Reed Group Reviews

David Roberts

1. Above expectations and unique environment

Former Employee - Case Manager/Leave Specialist in Broomfield, CO
    Former Employee - Case Manager/Leave Specialist in Broomfield, CO

I worked at The Reed Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing culture and team of individuals to work with. Consistently working to improve internally as well as externally. If you have work ethic and believe in being part of a team, this is the place to be. If you are able to be ready for constant change and willing to rise to the occasion, this is the place for you.

Cons

I wish there were more places that the offices were located outside Colorado or that my position was available for telecommuting. (I had to leave as my spouse was promoted out of state)

Advice to Management

A dream to work with - keep listening to the employees! Best place and job I have ever had!

2. Progressive company, cool people

I have been working at The Reed Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are the number one pro. There are loads of really great people who are also exceptionally smart to work with. It's also a progressive company with a super cool new office and technology.

Cons

The culture makes it very difficult to be a remote employee. There are some growing pains with going from mom & pop shop to a larger corporation in the industry. There was recently significant turnover in executive leadership, which may lead to an unstable environment. The CEO is volatile, and the IT processes are very unusual.

Advice to Management

Implement standardized IT processes and do what needs to be done to keep employee turnover to a minimum.

POOR LEADERSHIP

Former Employee - RN Disability Nurse Case Manager in Westminster, CO
    Former Employee - RN Disability Nurse Case Manager in Westminster, CO

I worked at The Reed Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

There are good co-workers but be careful as there is a lot of backstabbing too.

Cons

LEADERSHIP WILL EAT YOU UP. If you give an inch they want a mile. Overtime is the norm as they are sorely understaffed. Turnover happens almost weekly with either someone quitting or getting fired. No work/life balance. Work comes first whether you have a family or not. You are not asked if you can work weekends, you are TOLD to be there. You are micro-managed no matter how much experience you have. Your e-mails and phone calls are monitored all the time so be careful what you say and write.

Advice to Management

You know what needs to be done.

Open doors and greener grass

Current Employee - Colorado in Westminster, CO
    Current Employee - Colorado in Westminster, CO

I have been working at The Reed Group full-time

Pros

I have been in the workforce long enough to acknowledge that the grass is not always greener and there is no "perfect" job. Reed Group has had plenty of employees return after leaving for the "greener grass" It is work, yes it is hard and hard work can be very rewarding. The growth of this company is very impressive and its competitors cannot live up to Reed Group's reputation. The CEO arrives to work early everyday and has an open door policy. For those that are not happy perhaps they should attempt to speak with senior management. I think they would be surprised. Recent requirements has proven the great "team work" that is reflected by this company.

Cons

Recently the Focus Group was dissolved - due to the fast growth and over work of many managers.. it would be nice to see this group come back. There were many employees who expressed good ideas and insight.

Advice to Management

Keep an open mind and open door, listen to the ideas and recommendations of the "entry level" employees. There are many extremely bright and energetic employees who deserve to be heard.

6. Reed Group Review

Pros

Flexible work week, Excellent CEO leadership

Cons

old code base, lacking in proper software development procedures, no bonus plan or employee incentive programs (for anyone other than senior mgmt)

Its a mixed bag

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westminster, CO

I have been working at The Reed Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have the pleasure of working with some very smart and innovative people which allows me to continue to grow as a professional.

Cons

There is a serious lack of accountability coupled with excessive politics which can make getting work done very challenging.

Advice to Management

Hold responsible parties accountable for their requests and input. Educate those that represent the product so that they know what our product does.

8. Great opportunities for growth in a supportive environment

I have been working at The Reed Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

In most of the company, you are in control of your own destiny. Ambition pays off. Quietly doing your job works, too.

Cons

Some pockets of dysfunction still exist & need to be addressed.

Advice to Management

Revolutionary (rather than evolutionary) improvements in a few key areas could make the whole organization sing.

9. An exciting place to work!

I have been working at The Reed Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love to come to work every day! The people are friendly, supportive and the work is challenging. I love the new building with all the amenities. I have referred 2 of my former coworkers to work here and will continue to. The other thing I like about working here is all of the opportunity to grow. I didn't know that there were still businesses out there like Reed Group. For a call center it is great compared to other call centers I have worked in!

Cons

Not really any that I can comment on.

Advice to Management

Keep recognizing those doing a great job! It is greatly appreciated!

10. Innovation and Integrity

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

Pros

Reed is an interesting and evolving place to work. The people are friendly and there is a positive team atmosphere. Input is valved by management and encouraged. It is a career where talent is sought and recognized.

Cons

None noted at this juncture. It's great to be in a business where others ideas and strengths are shared and valued.

Beware Company Politics

Current Employee - Project Manager in Westminster, CO

I have been working at The Reed Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good location, pay is a about average and flexible with working from home.

Cons

Beware the office politics. Make sure you make friends with the right people or your time at Reed Group will be short lived. Little to no training and they expect you to know your job 100% day 1. Processes change all the time, its just that the don't tell you anything changed. Don't tell anyone anything you don't want the entire office to know. Backstabbing in the norm in this office. Program Managers (PM) want you to run every project decision by them and give little to no support . PM's also always find a way to blame the faults of a project on someone else. Upper management is only concerned with the next big cent and does next to nothing to improve the product.

Advice to Management

Train the team and invest is some project management software.

RSS Feed </> Embed