The Reed Group

Updated December 10, 2014
2.5

The Reed Group CEO David Roberts
David Roberts

Pretty good for a software development company

Current Employee - Software Engineer III in Westminster, CO
    Current Employee - Software Engineer III in Westminster, CO

I have been working at The Reed Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Interesting problems to solve. Mostly smart people working here. Shifting culture to focus more on the profit center (development).

Cons

In a state of flux due to increasing revenue and a growing team which causes inefficiencies and less communication.

Improve morale of developers by investing in your product (addressing technical debt) instead of constantly chasing revenue.

Horrible company to work for. Management is terrible and offers no support.

Former Employee - Administrative Specialist in Broomfield, CO
    Former Employee - Administrative Specialist in Broomfield, CO

I worked at The Reed Group

Pros

Very few. Great company to work for if you have previous experience, but their training is limited and they don't offer much assistance. It's pretty sink or swim.

Cons

Everything about this company is horrible. I was a temporary employee there, offered a position, and then on the final day of my temporary contract I was informed that they would not be able to hire me. They gave me no advance notice so I could look for employment elsewhere and I was under the impression that I was already hired. I then went back for an interview after my temporary contract ended and was not contacted. While I was working there I had no guidance whatsoever and was left to figure everything out myself. Considering this is a company that handles secure medical information, I was incredibly disappointed to see their lack of concern and structure, and anyone who worked there temporarily could have caused serious problems with sensitive medical information. I was so unimpressed, and many people I spoke with there expressed their concerns as well. Many people are expressing desire to quit working for this company.

Get it together. This company was so disappointing to work for, and every employee I know that works there is disappointed as well. Listen to your employee feedback and make changes accordingly.

Talk More Do Less Culture

Current Employee - Project Consultant (Contractor) in Westminster, CO
    Current Employee - Project Consultant (Contractor) in Westminster, CO

I have been working at The Reed Group as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Company business is in right place. Company vision is great. Company has growth Potential if the people understand what their job is.

Cons

Very frustrating environment, no structure as to how manage different projects, poor project management skill people of people with right skills are not in right assignments. If somebody talks about great things, he or she is great person. Beware of back stabbing. It might be only one department not the whole company but that's bad. That department could be in company front line and very discouraging. Nobody gets out of cube because they are scared of getting exposed of their skills. No collaboration, no team, absolutely no environment to work if you are dedicated to excellence. If you care about the company and team and stability, you don't see any future in this company. If there is any individual change this company around it could be a great company. Some of the business intelligence managers needs to be exposed of their background. They are not even knowledgeable of any project they are handling. They are entitled 'Epic Failed' in every projects. I don't know if upper management sees that or not. Somebody needs to step up and change some personnel and culture.

Like mentioned above, someone take initiative to change the company culture, implement 'Talk Less Do More' type of mentality.

Executive Team Needs to Wake up

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at The Reed Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Intelligent, hardworking, dedicated people make up the work force. Job stability is promised--as the staffing does not meet the work load demand.

Cons

Executive team focuses only on dollar signs and not the work home life balance or the frustrations of the employees. They are continuously on the search for the next big client to enhance their own pocket books, with no regard to the exhausted work force on the front line. At any given moment you can hear and feel dissatisfaction across the board with all Reed Group employees from the very unprofessional HR on down. Definitely not a company to call home forever, which does not matter, because the management team does not care when good people leave.

Stop running around like you are so important, wake up and listen to your employees. Growth is wonderful, but be the example of unity and make people want to stay with Reed Group. Stop letting good employees go-- make them want to stay. Stop making promises to clients and employees that you cannot keep.

Excited about today and our future!

Current Employee - Solutions Team in Westminster, CO
    Current Employee - Solutions Team in Westminster, CO

I have been working at The Reed Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture for those who take initiative and want to make a difference. Future is bright. Market leading software has promise for many years of growth and opportunity.

Great leaders in place to grow in the right direction. Better support and consistency than in prior years. Client focus is both a pro and con because we work extremely hard to have satisfied clients (great culture), but the con is we regularly push software and process boundaries to have happy clients.

Cons

Difficult industry to learn with complex business rules. Rapidly changing internal processes focused on growth and change.

Take time to communicate internal changes so others have a shared vision about where we are today and where we are going. The technology teams seem to do that pretty well at RG but not sure about the teams that provide services.

Employees Are A Dime A Dozen

Former Employee - IT Department in Broomfield, CO
    Former Employee - IT Department in Broomfield, CO

I worked at The Reed Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Decent pay and newer technology, def. a stepping stone, not a home.

Cons

Sweat shop, 'You chose this career' type of overtime with zero loyalty to employee's, either pay or work environment should be better for the 'commitment' you need to make to keep your job. Management is WAY out of touch with the IT industry and job market, open positions sit open for months causing additional work on existing employees (only to not be rewarded for it).

Either make the work/life balance better, treat the employee's better, or start manufacturing sneakers in China. It's Colorado, the IT industry is too good to feel like a crappy employee for giving all you got only to feel average.

Growth killed the culture and values.

I have been working at The Reed Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Nice people to work with, hard working.

Cons

Lack of direction and leadership.

Need better benefits and growth opportunities.

QA

Current Employee - Information Technology in Broomfield, CO
    Current Employee - Information Technology in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at The Reed Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company. Great place to work. Great coworkers,Good pay,Good 401k match. I have been working at Reed little more than 2 years in the IT department.

Cons

But the QA is out of control. You won't see them in their cubes when you need them to get the job done. Quality of the product is important. You can't deliver poor quality products to clients. This will affect company’s reputation. A good reputation is one of the most valuable assets a business can own. I would say micromanagement is needed on QA.

I know there are a lot of them working hard to run the business including the new CEO. Hiring the best people is crucial to the company’s success.Lay off the people that do not fit, promote people internally and most importantly, maintain and retain the best people.

Sweat Shop

Current Employee - RN Case Manager in Westminster, CO
    Current Employee - RN Case Manager in Westminster, CO

I have been working at The Reed Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Keeps money coming in while you keep looking. Getting ready to leave--oh what a feeling!

Cons

Poorest management ever! Constantly knifing their employees. No confidentiality. Don't discuss anything after you enter the den of sharks. And the worst department? HR with half-baked, poorly-trained upper mgmt. who obtained degrees online. Whoopee!

Clean house in mgmt. and get decent people with REAL education to be managers.

Management doesn't know their employees

Current Employee - Software
    Current Employee - Software

I have been working at The Reed Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Co-workers are great. I like coming to work to see them.

Cons

HR and management keep to themselves. Benefits are expensive.

Do what you say you do - promote from within and take care of your employees not just yourselves.