The Remi Group

www.theremigroup.com

The Remi Group Reviews

Updated Jun 26, 2014

Dan Schuster

Best corporate experience I've had! Thank you, Remi!

Human Resources (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsThe Remi Group offers a wonderful work/life balance. The owner/CEO is extremely generous and approachable. The entire mgmt team values the opinions of their employees and the company is run with extreme professional integrity. Remi does a superb job at encouraging camaraderie among it staff; hosting outings, celebrating birthdays and awards, and participating in many charitable events.

ConsThere are no cons to report.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work! The employees that work hard and care truly appreciate all you do! The way you give back in the community reflects the way the company is run from top to bottom!

Been a very good experience thus far. Glad I found a job at Remi.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood work environment. People are, for the most part, friendly and professional. Your individual contribution can greatly contribute to the growth of the company and will not go unnoticed. Senior Management is approachable.

ConsNothing really negative that you wouldn't see at any other company. I would recommend working at Remi to a friend.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think management is doing a good job. They're not nearly as disengaged as some might think. They're dealing with issues before they become major issues. The company didn't get to this point with morons running the place.

My favorite day being at Remi.....was my last! Horrible company ethics!

Service Representative (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsThe office building is nice. Owners are selling the business so hopefully new owners will have better customer service and business ethics.

ConsNepotism runs wild in this place. Managers are very unprofessional. They pride themselves on customer service but that is one thing that they lack in. The only customer service awards they win are ones that they nominate themselves for. Pretty sad customers are not nominating them. This place has the highest turnover rate I have ever seen. Very unprofessional.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry hiring managers who are qualified.

Jul 2, 2014

The problem with this forum is that there is no validation as to the legitimacy of the anonymous post. Sites like Amazon actually verify that you¹ve bought the item before you can leave a review ... More
  1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The Negative Reviews are 100% Accurate

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPTO, company events / involvement

ConsI don't normally like to give companies awful reviews, but people should be warned. It is pretty clear that current employees were told to write the only positive reviews on this website to entice people to work for the company. Like some of the negative reviews said, it you aren't a male and aren't buddy-buddy with senior management, you will NOT last here. There is also no HR department - if you have an HR issue to bring forward, you will be terminated. No kind of formal employee review or feedback - just managers constantly putting you down and using fear tactics.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you value your employees and your company, managers need to be more approachable and have experience in the field in which they are managing. Just because you are good friends doesn't make them a good manager.

Jun 3, 2014

This is a curious posting as the negative facts put forth by the individual are demonstratively false. First, Remi has a Human Resources Department in their Charlotte, NC headquarters, as well as a ... More

Believe the negative reviews. Please for your sanity, work ANYWHERE else.

Anonymous (Former Employee)

ProsAs with any bad experience, you can grow from going through it. I know now that I can go through anything because I made it through Remi.

ConsFavoritism, nepotism, overall distrust, poor management, lack of ethics, unrealistic expectations, no support, no training. Even the during morale boosting events you were made to feel forced to participate. Any team building or community service was meant only for advertisement and to gain awards by upper management. All of management has poor values and no common people skills. The owner and his wife are unapproachable...at best. Management is filled with an elitist "boys club". I have overheard things that are not just worthy of a trip to HR but are actually bad enough to file a law suit. Let me also say, there is no HR department. Just please, work anywhere else.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease take management classes, put aside your ego and need for your way to be the only way. Make an effort to be a legitimate company that values employees as a valuable resource. Please look up the definition of "open door policy" and "your input is valuable". Perhaps stop using knee jerk reactions to deal with issues. Any of these would prove to be a game changer for this company overall.

Apr 28, 2014

It’s ironic that an employee with a history of antisocial behavior, who was terminated for blatantly lying to customers for the sake of a monetary bonus, is given an anonymous forum to post negative ... More

Remi has been a good company to work for.

(Current Employee)

ProsFlexible hours, great benefits. Fantastic work environment. Current with technology. Appreciate employee opinion/ideas. Acknowledges a job well done or going above and beyond the call of duty. Encourages continuing education. Remi is involved in several charities. Tries to recognize special occasions with employees ie. birthday celebrations, birth of a baby, weddings. Always looking for ways to improve the business and our clients to make sure they get the best customer service.

Cons“You can please some of the people some of the time all of the people some of the time some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time.” - Abraham Lincoln

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to promote employee participation. Acknowledging performance. Continue to strive for the best internal/external customer service.

Don't believe the positive reviews

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsPTO, management gives a lot of gifts/bonuses on the holidays

ConsThis place is just awful. You can tell by the fake positive reviews on here that they obviously need to post in order to get people in to work there. It's boring mundane work for a middle man company. Salary wasn't great, the people in management have NO experience in the field in which they are working. They have lawsuits filed against them a lot, they don't tell their customers the whole truth about things because it's a shady company. The people who have been there for years and years can do whatever they want without consequence because they are close friends with the Schuster's which is the family who owns the company. So if you work there, be sure you are buddy buddy with Dan and Mardell because then no matter what you do or what people say about you, you will never get fired! Also, NO ROOM to advance. AT ALL

Advice to Senior ManagementStop sucking so bad. Don't just give employees gifts and think everything is going to be okay. Some people would actually like real positive or constructive feedback.

The Remi Group Social Media/Public Relations responded to this review

Nov 20, 2013

Remi is one of the fastest growing companies in the state and in the country. Yet despite the company’s rapid growth, Remi still abides by its core values. According to a third-party employee survey ... More

Remi has it all!

Operations (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsFlexible time; good insurance benefits; cares about their employees. Will work with you if you have a special need (family obligations, need a few hours off for a doctor's appointment).

ConsNone! Because Remi is so good to its people, people just want to naturally do more!

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to ask employees to share their ideas!

Can't think of a better place to be!

Business Development (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsI've been with Remi for 5 years and as a working parent, Remi offers great PTO, generous insurance benefits, and flexibility when called to do "parent" things. It's a positive environment that fosters creativity and encourages out-of-the-box thinking. There is always room to grow, learn more, and take on more responsibility.

ConsI can't think of any cons for Remi, other than the increased traffic and congestion in the general Ballantyne area.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue striving to keep employees and clients happy...keep up the great work!

Remi is where I plan to stay and retire from!!!!!

Business Development Manager (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

Pros* Benefits (PTO, Healthcare, Holidays/Early Time Off, Compensation)
    * Flexibility (able to move to different departments increasing your skills and making you
       marketable and as asset to the company)
    * Family oriented (work life balance)
    * Charity driven (giving back to the community)
    * Open to employee ideas and suggestions
    * Reflects on what the company is doing right and what they're doing wrong (always
       looking to improve, no company is perfect)
    * Communication from the CEO on company results and the direction of the company
    * Company growth (the company is always growing and never decreasing)
    * Provides the tools to do the job

ConsYou must take responsibility for your destiny and not blame the company. That being said, I have no cons on Remi.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue on the current plan of growth. Never stop reflecting and making necessary changes to improve.

Worked for The Remi Group? Contribute to the Community!