The Remi Group

Updated August 30, 2014
Updated August 30, 2014
2.8

Dan Schuster

Best corporate experience I've had! Thank you, Remi!

Former Employee - Human Resources in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Human Resources in Charlotte, NC

I worked at The Remi Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The Remi Group offers a wonderful work/life balance. The owner/CEO is extremely generous and approachable. The entire mgmt team values the opinions of their employees and the company is run with extreme professional integrity. Remi does a superb job at encouraging camaraderie among it staff; hosting outings, celebrating birthdays and awards, and participating in many charitable events.

Cons

There are no cons to report.

Keep up the good work! The employees that work hard and care truly appreciate all you do! The way you give back in the community reflects the way the company is run from top to bottom!

Wish I hadn't wasted my time.

I have been working at The Remi Group full-time

Pros

They do have a decent time off system they have mimicked they time off system that most hospitals and health care facilities use (i.e. PEP time). I didn't realize until I left that they health care benefits really suck.

Cons

The management consists of a bunch of megalomaniacs. Don't listen to what their HR dept. says. They will use you and abuse you. Upper managment are a bunch of "vampires". And if you have any other place of employ I would recommend you do so. The HR dept. gets on this site to defend Remi's reputation but fact is they have a HUGE turnover. I'm sure they will make a reply about the "Vampires" comment, But ask yourself why would a company spend their resources defending themselves on this site if the didn't know know it was true! Why would they even check this site if they didn't know better. I've watched them try and figure out who is making bad comments about them and I also know who made the comments. REMI is has been wrong about who posts these comments EVERY TIME! Remi also brags about a bunch of awards DO NOT LISTEN they bought and paid for those awards. I can go to the mall and buy a MVP plauqe but that doesn't mean that the MLB will be calling me. DO NOT WORK HERE UNLESS YOU ARE COMPLETELY DESPERATE!

My only advise is it's only a matter of time before you set off the wrong individual. And things go really wrong. I'm so thankful to have a job where I'm really appreciated and I'm no longer at Remi.

Sep 9, 2014Public Relations/Social Media

Remi’s reputation speaks for itself – competitive salaries, comprehensive health benefits, generous amount of vacation time and holidays, as well as a large number of employees who boast 5 or more ... More

Been a very good experience thus far. Glad I found a job at Remi.

I worked at The Remi Group full-time

Pros

Good work environment. People are, for the most part, friendly and professional. Your individual contribution can greatly contribute to the growth of the company and will not go unnoticed. Senior Management is approachable.

Cons

Nothing really negative that you wouldn't see at any other company. I would recommend working at Remi to a friend.

I think management is doing a good job. They're not nearly as disengaged as some might think. They're dealing with issues before they become major issues. The company didn't get to this point with morons running the place.

My favorite day being at Remi.....was my last! Horrible company ethics!

Former Employee - Service Representative in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Service Representative in Charlotte, NC

I worked at The Remi Group full-time

Pros

The office building is nice. Owners are selling the business so hopefully new owners will have better customer service and business ethics.

Cons

Nepotism runs wild in this place. Managers are very unprofessional. They pride themselves on customer service but that is one thing that they lack in. The only customer service awards they win are ones that they nominate themselves for. Pretty sad customers are not nominating them. This place has the highest turnover rate I have ever seen. Very unprofessional.

Try hiring managers who are qualified.

Jul 2, 2014Public Relations/Social Media

The problem with this forum is that there is no validation as to the legitimacy of the anonymous post. Sites like Amazon actually verify that you¹ve bought the item before you can leave a review ... More

The Negative Reviews are 100% Accurate

I worked at The Remi Group

Pros

PTO, company events / involvement

Cons

I don't normally like to give companies awful reviews, but people should be warned. It is pretty clear that current employees were told to write the only positive reviews on this website to entice people to work for the company. Like some of the negative reviews said, it you aren't a male and aren't buddy-buddy with senior management, you will NOT last here. There is also no HR department - if you have an HR issue to bring forward, you will be terminated. No kind of formal employee review or feedback - just managers constantly putting you down and using fear tactics.

If you value your employees and your company, managers need to be more approachable and have experience in the field in which they are managing. Just because you are good friends doesn't make them a good manager.

Jun 3, 2014Public Relations/Social Media

This is a curious posting as the negative facts put forth by the individual are demonstratively false. First, Remi has a Human Resources Department in their Charlotte, NC headquarters, as well as a ... More

Believe the negative reviews. Please for your sanity, work ANYWHERE else.

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at The Remi Group

Pros

As with any bad experience, you can grow from going through it. I know now that I can go through anything because I made it through Remi.

Cons

Favoritism, nepotism, overall distrust, poor management, lack of ethics, unrealistic expectations, no support, no training. Even the during morale boosting events you were made to feel forced to participate. Any team building or community service was meant only for advertisement and to gain awards by upper management. All of management has poor values and no common people skills. The owner and his wife are unapproachable...at best. Management is filled with an elitist "boys club". I have overheard things that are not just worthy of a trip to HR but are actually bad enough to file a law suit. Let me also say, there is no HR department. Just please, work anywhere else.

Please take management classes, put aside your ego and need for your way to be the only way. Make an effort to be a legitimate company that values employees as a valuable resource. Please look up the definition of "open door policy" and "your input is valuable". Perhaps stop using knee jerk reactions to deal with issues. Any of these would prove to be a game changer for this company overall.

Apr 28, 2014Public Relations/Social Media

It’s ironic that an employee with a history of antisocial behavior, who was terminated for blatantly lying to customers for the sake of a monetary bonus, is given an anonymous forum to post negative ... More

Remi has been a good company to work for.

I have been working at The Remi Group full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Flexible hours, great benefits. Fantastic work environment. Current with technology. Appreciate employee opinion/ideas. Acknowledges a job well done or going above and beyond the call of duty. Encourages continuing education. Remi is involved in several charities. Tries to recognize special occasions with employees ie. birthday celebrations, birth of a baby, weddings. Always looking for ways to improve the business and our clients to make sure they get the best customer service.

Cons

“You can please some of the people some of the time all of the people some of the time some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time.” - Abraham Lincoln

Continue to promote employee participation. Acknowledging performance. Continue to strive for the best internal/external customer service.

Don't believe the positive reviews

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I worked at The Remi Group full-time

Pros

PTO, management gives a lot of gifts/bonuses on the holidays

Cons

This place is just awful. You can tell by the fake positive reviews on here that they obviously need to post in order to get people in to work there. It's boring mundane work for a middle man company. Salary wasn't great, the people in management have NO experience in the field in which they are working. They have lawsuits filed against them a lot, they don't tell their customers the whole truth about things because it's a shady company. The people who have been there for years and years can do whatever they want without consequence because they are close friends with the Schuster's which is the family who owns the company. So if you work there, be sure you are buddy buddy with Dan and Mardell because then no matter what you do or what people say about you, you will never get fired! Also, NO ROOM to advance. AT ALL

Stop sucking so bad. Don't just give employees gifts and think everything is going to be okay. Some people would actually like real positive or constructive feedback.

Nov 20, 2013Social Media/Public Relations

Remi is one of the fastest growing companies in the state and in the country. Yet despite the company’s rapid growth, Remi still abides by its core values. According to a third-party employee survey ... More

Remi has it all!

Current Employee - Operations in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Operations in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at The Remi Group full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Flexible time; good insurance benefits; cares about their employees. Will work with you if you have a special need (family obligations, need a few hours off for a doctor's appointment).

Cons

None! Because Remi is so good to its people, people just want to naturally do more!

Continue to ask employees to share their ideas!

Can't think of a better place to be!

Current Employee - Business Development in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Business Development in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at The Remi Group full-time

Pros

I've been with Remi for 5 years and as a working parent, Remi offers great PTO, generous insurance benefits, and flexibility when called to do "parent" things. It's a positive environment that fosters creativity and encourages out-of-the-box thinking. There is always room to grow, learn more, and take on more responsibility.

Cons

I can't think of any cons for Remi, other than the increased traffic and congestion in the general Ballantyne area.

Continue striving to keep employees and clients happy...keep up the great work!