The Richdale Group

Updated May 25, 2014

Betty Price

Happy working at Richdale

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGreat opportunity for growth. Supervisors offer feedback and constructive criticism.

ConsSupervisor really busy so sometimes feels out of pocket.

SLUM LORDS

(Former Employee) Omaha, NE

ProsLocation that's it!!! There is nothing positive to say about Richdale or any of their communities or employees.

ConsManagement does not care about anything but themselves. Company is only out to make money.
    They do not care about their residents or their employees.
    Lack of intelligence!
    They are SLUM LORDS!!! Their apartments are dirty, bedbugs, cockroaches, mice, theft, etc throughout all of their locations.
    I spoke with SEVERAL residents & none of them are happy or feel respected by leasing office staff or corporate.
    Several people in the corporate office are rude, show favorotism, back stabbers, throw temper tantrums, drama filled children!!!
    Awful place to work! Do not allow their employees to have breaks no matter how many hours you work you only get a lunch!
    I would have panic attacks on way to work because of how negative & hostile my working environment was.
    Few people there belittled everyone, very prejudice & made several gay & African American racial slures throughout the day.
    Brought all of my issues to managements attention & nothing was handled.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire everyone and shut business down!!

Start caring for your residents well being and not just about their money!!!

Make the communities clean and in safe order.

The worst job I have ever had

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNone. There are no pros. This company is run by miserable, rich people who try to control their employees with fear. Any positive review on here is written by employees who have been asked because they know their reviews are mostly negative.

ConsEverything. You will never be able to move into upper management unless you are born into it. They only promote their family members. You will not receive any training and they will not be clear on expections or the duties of your position until you do something they don't like, which they pretty much don't like anything. You are encouraged to not have conversations with your co-workers and they do nothing to promote a feeling of "family" within the company.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

20+ years and a very rewarding career.

Corporate Office (Current Employee) Omaha, NE

ProsFamily company-long term history-3 generations involved. Consistent, long-term growth & advancement Very stable company-won't be absorbed by an outside company. People with good work ethics thrive here. Have multi-locations so opportunities in a number of cities.

ConsNeed more skilled employees who can grow with the company - both in knowledge and responsibilities.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave more department meetings to share goals. Facilitate mentoring programs and on-going training.

Loved the job, loved the people, don't like the company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Omaha, NE

ProsWork environment is great for some people
    Company gives out sporting event tickets and concert tickets
    It's fun to keep track of who has left in the last year, usually it's around 50% that have left or fired.

ConsWork environment is poor for most people
    Marketing comes around asking employees to post positive reviews on sites about the company, most often this one, they try to do it quietly, but everyone knows.
    Very poor benefits, but at least there is health insurance, even though most people couldn't afford the deductibles.
    Some departments have been without managers for years and you can tell, no one knows what they are doing or why.
    The discount on apartments is a lie, when you actually go to get it, they try to charge you the same rent as normal tenants. Nothing like the big discount they promise for living on property.
    Access '97 is still used heavily

Advice to Senior ManagementFresh tactics? Remove the dinosaurs from management. Fear is not a motivator.

Worst company ever- you have to experience it for yourself! Hated every minute.

Corporate Office (Former Employee) Omaha, NE

ProsOnly the coworkers. most of the good revies on this site are fakes. Run!

ConsGreed (sacrifice ethics for money)
    Workload (way understaffed)
    Deception (open positions are never due to growth)
    Motivate by Fear

Advice to Senior ManagementOpen your eyes, ears, and hearts to really listen to employees and tenants. Most of the people there hate it-- when I left, I don't know how many people came to me and said "You lucky".

A place for learning, growth, and professional development.

ProsA great entry-level position for anyone looking to get into real estate or sales. Your community staff is often supportive, and there are other expert leasing professionals that are often willing to mentor you in the profession.

ConsHeavy focus on statistics and achievement, which may be a little much for anyone not fully willing to commit to job performance.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue looking internally for candidates for upper-level positions.

Learned a lot in a short time here.

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) Omaha, NE

ProsI have some great co workers. the days are really busy...I am not bored at all with the work. I like the interaction among departments and the ability to assist other managers. It's been a good environment.

ConsSometimes I am given direction on a project and then asked to work on another aspect of the project and never get back to the initial project of what I was asked to do.

Advice to Senior ManagementI haven't interacted with them yet so cannot comment really. I guess it would be good to see them more.

Low Tech and High turn over rate

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Omaha, NE

ProsCo-workers are nice and friendly

ConsThey are really behind on technology. Computers are so slow. It's frustrating to try opening an excel document. Can't even do anything without getting the computer freeze
    Micro management is a thing there.

You have complete control of your own fate at Richdale

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Omaha, NE

ProsFast Workdays
    Understand the importance family
    Rewarding to work in an area that can make a true difference with the customer
    Limitless growth opportunities
    Care about employee safety and health
    Great Benefits, including tickets to sporting events
    Creative and fun perks for staff - such as thirsty Thursdays or closing early before a holiday; took the entire office on buses to a baseball game which was really cool
    Fast advancement in pay and position for those willing to work for it!
    Hands-on Manager's who are nice to work for and fun

ConsCan be a difficult to accomplish all tasks in allotted time frame
    Upper Management sometimes spread thin, more leaders needed
    Some staff doesn't seem motivated and difficult to empower
    Training needs to be more developed

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep searching for leaders! The company needs more focused individuals willing to work hard and who want to advance. Overall, great company to work for!

Worked for The Richdale Group? Contribute to the Community!