The Robison Group

3.9

Ryan R Robison

Very solid

I have been working at The Robison Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Solid operation and very positive. My manager treats me with respect and not like a number. Seen tremendous strides since last summer. Change in business model has allowed for better investigator/manager interaction. My manager lets me know what I am doing asap and I actually have a home life! Plenty of opportunity for advancement with rapid growth. Promote from within.

Cons

Sumer are crazy busy which I guess is not a con.

Keeping doing what you are doing.

Great experience and hard work.

Former Employee - Data Analyst  in  Troy, MI
    Former Employee - Data Analyst in Troy, MI

I worked at The Robison Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

TRG was a great company to work for. They teach you a lot about the PI world and, for the most part, everyone there is highly experienced. Even the few who are new to things are very professional and willing to work hard to achieve the same results as those that have been doing it for years. Overall it's a very friendly and relaxed work environment. It also caters to anyone looking to climb the ranks, as well as those who simply want to learn one job well and perform that job to the best of their abilities. Regardless of what kind of worker you are you must be a quality one to last a week here.

The owner, Ryan, is extremely solid. He is accessible, despite being very busy. He's also very friendly, down to earth, and he seemed to be open to any ideas that are worth his time.

This company is going to grow and continue to grow.

Cons

Work hard and you won't run into any cons, for the most part. The only thing that was frustrating was the lack of training and lack of organization in regards to my specific position. Regardless of that I was still able to catch on fairly well, and I'm sure anyone else who wanted it badly enough could too. While I was transitioning out of the company they were in the process of fixing all of the aforementioned issues. I'm sure it's probably not perfect but knowing them it'll be as good as it needs to be. No matter what you will need to be able to catch on quickly, follow directions and have a solid work ethic. Common sense also helps.

None to give that you don't already know and are actively trying to take care of.

Great company, really good team atmosphere

Current Employee - Investigator  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Investigator in Chicago, IL

I have been working at The Robison Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I enjoy working for the Robison Group, enjoy the team I am on and my fellow coworkers. All around good company

Cons

I have none to post

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

6 Years and Counting

Current Employee - INV  in  Joliet, IL
    Current Employee - INV in Joliet, IL

I have been working at The Robison Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Usually I never write reviews or think twice about what I read on line. But my wife said she saw a couple of negative reviews of my company on google. It really bothers me because I take a lot of pride in my work and the work of The Robison Group.

I am not sure who wrote those but they need to get their facts straight. I have worked here for 6 years after working for two other companies. This company is MUCH better than where I was in the past. It is demanding work, but I really enjoy the guys I work with, very team oriented. Always paid on time, and have a great car allowance.

I understand if former employees want to try and get on here to discredit the company but again, they are just that....former employees. I enjoy what i do and who i do it for. I will always stand behind the The Robison Group

Cons

Non. All jobs have their ups and downs but none worth writing here

None

Enjoyed my time working at The Robison Group

Former Employee - Investigator  in  Temple Hills, MD
    Former Employee - Investigator in Temple Hills, MD

I worked at The Robison Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Team Leaders and administrative personnel placed correctly throughout the company. In training and intial hiring gave me more than enough tools to succeed. Being new to the field I worked closely with other investigators who showed me the best, most covert professional way to work a job.

Cons

Worked in-state and out-of-state jobs but, unfortunately, the long hours I was not completely ready for. Being away from my family for so long I had to find a different type of employment.

none

Private Investigator Michigan - Great Company!!

Current Employee - Team Leader Private Investigator  in  Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Team Leader Private Investigator in Detroit, MI

I have been working at The Robison Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I saw this site about 2 weeks ago for the first time. The call it a glas door? It is pretty easy to tell the same person filled out two of the negative reviews. I have worked for company for 9 years. I plan to work hear for another 9 years at least. ALWAYS been paid on time. I do surveillance so it is a tough job, but I love doing surveillance

Cons

Nothing other than you would expect, a lot of time on the road.

Try to schedule out as far as possible to help me plan my travel

Be very Cautious about this company

Former Employee - Filed Investigator  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Filed Investigator in San Francisco, CA

I worked at The Robison Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay was not bad, nice when it was slow you still got paid. Got to see alot of different states.

Cons

Pay checks bounced a few times or didn't clear my perosnal bank account. Same with expence checks. Benifits were to high, but with todays going rate I guess they are comparable. A lot of travel but I new what I was in for, but what really rubbed me the wrong way was when you needed time off for any reason, when you came back to work you were punished and sent out on the road for longer days at a time.

How some of you graduated school and or collage, I'll never know. I guess this is how its taught today. back in my day, you valued your employee's.

Dedicated, Hard Working, Result Producing Company

Current Employee - Investigator  in  Royal Oak, MI
    Current Employee - Investigator in Royal Oak, MI

I have been working at The Robison Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

This is one of the best companies I have ever worked for. For those in the industry we know there are companies out there that take advantage of you and work you to the bone. This is NOT one of those companies. No company is perfect and all companies have growing pains, but all the people I know at this company are a bunch of hard-working, dedicated and invested people. They are invested in their employees, their clients and their product. I have never had a bad experience with this company.

I find the bad reviews posted on this website hard to believe and they sound a little like scorned former employees who got fired for trying to take advantage of the company. We all know investigators out there who don't show up to surveillance and try to lie their way out of it and that is all I am going to say about that. Anyone in this industry also knows that schedules are very last minute, they are client driven, this is the way the industry is and it is the industry we have chose to work in. Emphasis on the CHOICE. If you want a scheduled 9-5 job, get an office job.

Cons

Hard to find quality investigators to continue to manage the workload. We are very capable of verifying the authenticity of an investigation. If you are an honest employee then you will continue to work with an elite group of individuals at the The Robison Group. If you are not, then you get fired and post unfounded and untrue claims anonymously on random websites.

Continue to operate as you do, let the haters be your motivators. We know that "former" employees are "former" employees for a reason and so will everyone else who reads those reviews.

By far the absolute WORST company I have ever worked for in my life!

Former Employee - Investigator
    Former Employee - Investigator

I worked at The Robison Group full-time

Pros

If you're salary, you still get paid when work is slow.

Cons

Where shall I start? First of all, the only individuals that are taken advantage of are the investigators that bust their butt for this shady company. This company would not exist if it weren't for the investigators, for they are the ones that are out in the field making money for the company. The office staff is a complete joke, and have no idea how to properly schedule investigators for their cases. They only offer direct deposit to a select few, as they can't afford to do it for everyone, per the owner of the company. If you are one of the select few, you are told not to tell anyone else that you are getting direct deposit. If you're not one of the select few, your paycheck is mailed to you and you must wait to get it. Most banks place a hold on an out of state check, so most investigators wouldn't have access to their funds for 7-10 days after payday. This is definitely not an "equal opportunity" employer. The owner will lie and tell you what you want to hear, and then conveniently forget what he told you. I know of MANY investigators who have had their paychecks bounce. I was forced to attend "training" and was told that training isn't paid for; however, I later found out that many investigators were paid for training. They pretty much got almost 40 hours of FREE labor from me during that week. They do not care about your safety or what you are comfortable doing out in the field. They have expected investigators to work in horrible snowstorms, even telling one investigator to sit in NYC during hurricane Sandy. All they want is a warm body, and billable hours. They will only pay you half-time for anything over 40 hrs a week, and it's not uncommon to work 60-70 hrs a week either. If you want to feel like you work in a sweat shop in China Town, then this is the perfect company for you. On a final note, I'm not a scorned employee that was fired. I'm a disappointed employee that quit due to the way that I was treated. I'm just trying to save other potential investigators from going through the same thing. Everything that I have posted in this review is from personal experience. I would proudly sign my name to this review if I could, as I have NOTHING to hide.

This is advice for the owner: You expect your employees to be honest with you, but yet you continue to lie to your employees. Your investigators are expected to have their updates, reports, and video in on time, but you can't pay your investigators on time. Practice what you preach, and stop treating your investigators like crap.

private investigator illinois

I have been working at The Robison Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

i enjoy working witht he company. The hours are long but i knew that when I signed up. i appreciate the fact in the winter I get paid even if not working. I worked only 3 days in 2 weeks and received my full check. never had problems getting paid. I was recently put on direct deposit.

Cons

your schedule is short notice

Provide schedule to investigators sooner.

Worked for The Robison Group? Contribute to the Community!