The RoomStore

Be The First To
Add Photos

Curtis C. Kimbrell III

Management Treats Sales like dogs

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at The RoomStore full-time for more than 3 years

ProsPeople are nice, benefits are good

ConsManagement is insulting and just plain rude. No respect for the people who are the backbone of the company

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of Selznick

Not recommended

I have been working at The RoomStore

ProsThe discounts on furniture, most of the sales people are nice, and the old store manager was wonderful would take charge and ran a tight store

Conslazy office management, no proper training, verbal abuse and nothing done,certain skin people tone you get away with anything they want.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire several office managers, train new ones properly that aren't lazy, make them do their job, don't treat work like its a social activity, and don't try to be everyone's friend that is the same skin color.

RoomStore

Store General Manager (Former Employee)
Baltimore, MD

I worked at The RoomStore full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGood Company to work for. Advancement oppurtunity's

ConsTowards the end had alot of communication issues.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe open to new ideas from the associates

One of the biggest mistakes of my life.

Sales Consultant (Former Employee)
Hagerstown, MD

I worked at The RoomStore

ProsDiscounted furniture purchases for staff & family

ConsPay, educational opportunities, staff support, co-worker support

Advice to Senior ManagementGet out, while you still can - before they go 'belly-up'.

Next to no training, good quality & price, easy sell when stock is in, no help w/very delayed orders.

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
DFW, TX

I have been working at The RoomStore

ProsFurniture is well made and priced right. Furniture is made of real hard wood and many extra features. When stock is available, it is easy to sell and I love the job.

ConsRarely advertise. The software aps and computer systems are way below average. No way to get reports, and you have to go to 4 screens to figure out stock availability. System is archaic. Computers not much faster than dial up. Absolutely no sick days first 12 months for sales team only - office/warehouse staff do get it. Managers choose favorites and allow favorite sales people to give extra discounts. Non favorites ask and the manager same day, same question, same furniture and manager says no. Sales team can only sit to write thank you cards. They are not allowed to sit other than that EVER. Not even when entering orders. Work 9-12 hour days and get one lunch break only. No respect for sales and challenges they face due to corporate dictates. Straight commission on sales but are expected to clean, vacuum, do inventory, marketing responsibilities, customer service, do credit, handle pre-check out for office staff. No support from the office staff with customer follow up related to delivery set up, etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementMost companies recognize sales associates bring in the money and give them the support and tools they need to do their job effectively and efficiently. They are almost always given respect and support from operations/office staff. Full commission sales associates gets little to no respect. They have to clean the store, inventory, handle credit, and track down product to fill their orders - instead of being on the floor selling.

its a very interesting experince i truly enjoy it, i now know alot of interesting people n knowledge of furniture

Sales Person (Current Employee)

I have been working at The RoomStore

Prosyou can make as much money as you like, you meet alot of new interesting and wonderful people and friends. its a fun and enjoyable atmosphere to work i love it its soooooooooooooo kewl! i never done this in my life im doing great any one can do it and loving it.... i never knew what i know now. this is like a family and friends on going and growing. positive atmosphee no lazy bones or sad faces here!

Conswhen your customer returns to purchase and they dont ask for you or completely forget who you are

Advice to Senior Managementkeep the positve flow of customer friendly customer svc.

Upper management incompetent

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at The RoomStore

ProsHours, Employee discounts, benefits package

Consadvertising, earnings potential, incompetent regional managers

Advice to Senior Managementclean house at the top

learning and very enjoyable

Sales Person (Current Employee)

I have been working at The RoomStore

Prosthe team that works great together

Constrying to maintain and even or above income

Worked for The RoomStore? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The RoomStore reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for The RoomStore CEO Curtis C. Kimbrell III. All 8 reviews posted anonymously by The RoomStore employees.