The SCOOTER Store

www.scooterstore.com

The SCOOTER Store Reviews

Updated Jul 20, 2014
The SCOOTER Store – New Braunfels – “Front entrance at TSS”

The SCOOTER Store CEO Martin Landon

Martin Landon

Pros
  • Strong support of work-life balance and a personal investment to help the consumers the company served(in 7 reviews)

• You felt like you were actually getting to help people everyday and the work was easy(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management such as the Directors are even more out of the loop than anyone(in 8 reviews)

• They are doing away with the Core Ideologies one by one(in 6 reviews)

ACCOUNT MANAGER

Account Manager (Former Employee) Raleigh, NC

ProsLOVED WORKING HERE! Management respected it's field employees and other than daily conference calls, we had minimal management interference (unless you took advantage of the situation)

ConsLack of training due to budget cuts. Personal growth as a field employee was not an option unless you moved to New Braunfels TX. And of course, the company closed. MAJOR CON there!

Advice to Senior ManagementLeadership should have really changes in mid-2000's to help growth!

Used to be a good place to work.

Marketing Analyst (Former Employee) New Braunfels, TX

ProsThere was a lot of upward mobility. I started in the call center and ended up in market analysis in less than two year. Positive and exciting corporate culture.

ConsDid not always pay the best. Conflict with federal government and Medicare was a distraction to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay competitive with wage and salaries. Although internal change can keep things exciting in the company, when it is added to the external changes that were bringing the company down it just adds to the stress.

A very rewarding experience.

ATP (Former Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsThe core values... Always do the right thing; the celebrations of EVERYTHING, etc. A very rewarding place to work. Always had the support you needed to succeed. It was fun and challenging and you always went home with a warm and fuzzy feeling because you knew that you made a difference in someone's life.

ConsThe government decided TSS was too big. The government decided that they were paying TSS too much money and shut them down.

Advice to Senior ManagementSa la vie. It was good while it lasted.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Interesting

Payment Processor (Former Employee) New Braunfels, TX

Proswas one big family, relax environment. Great benefits on-site Dr, gym, and cafeteria.

ConsA lots of unknowns and worries of how long you was going to have a job.

Middle management and C-Level Execs did not know how to run a day to day business.

Account Manager (Current Employee) New Braunfels, TX

ProsFun, good pay. It was a good balance of work and fun. The problem was that they kept tightening the reigns because they did not know how to maximize production. Could have been no problem if they could have handled billing.

ConsPoorly run and immediate managers had no understanding on how to talk to people. IT solutions were archaic and this led to a major problem.

Advice to Senior ManagementKnow what your business model is before executing strategy. Too many times the plans that were rolled out, were rolled back because it was easy to see it would not work.

Decent

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New Braunfels, TX

ProsDecent pay, good training so you are ready to say your script to the customer, they have a decent cafeteria and a gym onsite. They are better than most companies to their employees, especially if you do well in a call center environment. It is a very competitive office atmosphere as there is always some kind of contest going on, usually the same "office favs" got it every time

ConsNo variety, no one moves up, very political, you say the same thing to customers call after call which can get frustrating. Many times the customer asked a question that I didn't know the answer to and I couldn't find anyone to help. With all of the health care changes going on at the time, it was hard to tell some of the customers that we could no longer help them.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive your employees some individuality, make sure there are available supervisors on the floor

Out of Business

Software Developer (Former Employee) New Braunfels, TX

ProsNo need to rate because the company no longer exists.

This job started out pretty good but got worse as time went on. Constant cutbacks and talks of "managing people out".

ConsWasn't an awesome place to work anymore by the time I left. Sadly a lot of good people were left out in the cold when they shut the doors.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind a new job. Don't anger the federal government, even in Texas.

Good while it lasted

Mobility Manager (Former Employee) Dayton, OH

ProsI loved my co workers and our patients. I liked being able to drive my company vehicle home while that lasted. The pay was good. You didn't have management breathing down your neck.

ConsJob description constantly changed, you were forced to sell or you would be written up. They constantly took benefits away such as 401k. The company got too big and sold out to investors and that's when it all changed. It was super stressful at the end.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of your people out in the field and give raises when they are deserved.

A very challenging and engaging place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSupport and communication are paramount to the sucess of any business, TSS does this very well. Lots of hardworking dedicated people. Core vaules and mission statement drive the culture of the company.

ConsShorsightedness in long term goals and planning. Often blindsided by something that becomes overly obvious after the fact. Lots of dedicated and hardworking people having to redirect efforts after being blindsided.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe honest.

Was a great place to work with a lot of good people.

Assistive Technology Professional (Former Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsGood working conditions, good pay

ConsUnfortunately, "big ships turn slowly" seemed to be the company's mission statement.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt does not matter, since the company is no longer in business.

Worked for The SCOOTER Store? Contribute to the Community!