The San Jose Group

The San Jose Group President & CCO George L San Jose

George L San Jose

Last Resort Only

Junior Executive Intern (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsInteresting experience with good people to work with. Flexible schedule

ConsLeads to nowhere. You're basically their free workforce

Advice to Senior ManagementPay JE's

Reading the other reviews shows that nothing has changed. CEO is still a bully who undermines he's employees.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLocation...yes that's all, nothing good in working here.

ConsCEO bully and doesn't want to hear new and effective strategies, incompetent leadership, no direction, no growth, even though CEO is Hispanic he's racist against his own race and values white employees more, interns everywhere and unpaid

Advice to Senior ManagementTake some anger management classes and listen to your employees. You're not the only one with ideas! Hire actual experienced individuals instead of dumping all your work on unpaid interns who don't learn anything because their supervisor is incompetent.

Junior Executive

Junior Executive (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGreat people to work with. You learn a lot from management. This internship is what you make of it.

Cons- Unpaid internship
    - Use interns to do a lot of work that should be payed for

Advice to Senior Management- Pay interns or don't rely on them

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good to gain experience but not ideal for the long term

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsIf you are trying to get into the ad industry, this is a great way to break in and get the much needed experience for your resume. There is free access to the fitness facilities and snacks in the building. The hr guy and operations manager definitely make coming to work pleasant and are very welcoming to everyone.

ConsThe CCO's way of thinking and running the company are out dated. There are more interns than employees (interns are unpaid). How can you expect to get quality work when the majority of your staff is just entering the industry and your regular employees look miserable. The account executive is over-worked and does not give clear directions which makes for a lot of miscommunication. You can tell she could be great at her job and pleasant to work with but they need to get her some (paid) help.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend money on getting more regular experienced employees, acknowledge your staff for their work you are receiving at a low price; it may just help make up a little for the lack of fair pay, and last, take ideas from interns and younger staff; they may have a fresh outlook that can change the direction of the company for the better.

Good Experience

ProsThey have a small creative team so you have the opportunity to work on everything.

ConsI have no negative comments about this agency.

Satisfied

ProsSmall and easy to interact with people. They also treat interns very nicely

ConsMight get too small sometime. the pros becomes the cons

Not a Great Career Choice

Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsFree snacks. Pretty office.

ConsCall center atmosphere. No creative input respected. Expensive parking. Management was not engaged in opportunities.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep your brand promise to your employees.

Hated it, but I needed experience

Junior Executive/Intern (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsA good amount of people you work with an sometimes make the 40 hour day/no pay worth it and the experience looked good on my resume after just finishing my freshman year in college.

ConsI worked under a micromanager who was surprisingly immature for her age. Thankfully she left so maybe their internship program got better. Other than that, I would not recommend applying for their internship program unless it did in fact get better--They basically use this program as free labor

Advice to Senior ManagementInterns work hard and make up a huge chunk of the office. Don't they deserve more?

Internship looks good on resume, but doesn't teach much or allow for opportunities

Junior Executive Intern (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThe field of multicultural marketing is an interesting one with a bright future

ConsInternship was unpaid, SJG hires too many interns so there is not enough work and there are more interns than employees, full-time staff do not have enough time to teach interns anything or really spend time with them, there are very few opportunities for growth or a full-time job

Advice to Senior ManagementHire fewer interns, pay them, and teach them- they will produce quality work for you

Intern

Junior Executive Intern (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsCan work on real time projects

ConsNo pay and false hope of ever getting a job since the office runs on free interns

Advice to Senior ManagementPay interns and build a internship program that offers the possibility of a future job

Worked for The San Jose Group? Contribute to the Community!