The Siegfried Group

The Siegfried Group Reviews

Updated June 23, 2014
Updated June 23, 2014
3.6

The Siegfried Group President and CEO Rob Siegfried Jr.
Rob Siegfried Jr.

Pros
  • I met lots of great people while there (in 4 reviews)

• go for an interview, take the amex gift checks and spend it on gas to go to other interviews (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper Management need to get their act together (in 5 reviews)

• After the big 4 engagement, the company promised a "regular' staffing job that's more interesting (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Great pay, potentially great experience, and lots of great exit opportunities

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at The Siegfried Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

1) The pay, especially if you travel or are on an engagement for more than six months, is really good. 2) I met lots of great people while there. 3) The work can be really rewarding if you get on the right client. 4) All the standard perks of a good CPA firm (CPA exam reimbursement & bonus, travel stipend, etc.) without having to do audit work

Cons

Sometimes the work can be low-level (depending on the client & assignment). Clients might also view you as a temp if they're not well informed about the company and the capabilities of its resources.

Continue to become more and more transparent with the Resources. They are the lifeblood of the company and the more they know, the more connected they'll feel! Also, figure out a way to try and standardize the promotion process to be more objective.

All Talk no substance

Former Employee - Senior Associate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Associate in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at The Siegfried Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Money for job Interview
    -Variety of work
    -Pay is not so bad, comparable to other big firms

Cons

Everything else. For a company that promotes work/life balance and communication, there isn't any. You get work like a dog on remedial things. Working late on engagements are expected even if you are done with your section. Yes you get penalized for being good at what you do. There's no communication on where you are heading with your job.

-Practice what you preach

Wonderful Comp Plan, Great Experience, Good Culture

Current Employee - Senior Associate  in  Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Detroit, MI

I have been working at The Siegfried Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Compensation
    -Culture
    -Depth of Experience and Growth

Cons

-Some assignments can be mundane

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

OK for a while

I have been working at The Siegfried Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You might have a great client. Your co-workers are almost always fun people. Pay is good.

Cons

Constant right-wing politics courtesy Rob Siegfried, you're treated like a commodity and are dispensable, absolute lack of diversity (the leadership group is almost all white and mostly blond). The employee development program (held on Saturday) devotes a good part just talking about how Obama is the antichrist and America is being ruined by the takers. The company is more like an extension of the Siegfried family so important positions are staffed with Rob Siegfried's extended family.

Reconnect with staff and don't work with blinders. No one cares about your political/religious/ethnocentric beliefs so keep your opinions to yourself. You're never going to retain the best when your only approach is to throw money at people. If it was that simple employees wouldn't be leaving your company so often...

Siegfried is a great place to meet great people and get great experience

Current Employee - Associate Manager  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Associate Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at The Siegfried Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have really enjoyed working for Siegfried. From the start, the have taken care of me and delivered on every one of their promises. They have bent over backwards for me, and truly shown that they value me as a professional and a person. They pay very well and do not make you travel or work anywhere you don't want to. Everyone that I have met is very smart, and I am proud to work with such a high caliber group of professionals.

Cons

Siegfried expects their employees to be involved with the firm, which is a good thing and a bad thing. There are some instances when professionals are busy at their respective engagements and may not possibly have the time to go to a connection event; however, I never regret attending an event. We always have a blast, and something positive always comes out of it.

Great company with a great future

Current Employee - Associate Manager  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Associate Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at The Siegfried Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have really enjoyed the projects that I've been able to work on during my first two years with TSG. They have been high profile projects on Fortune 100 companies. The learning curve is very steep when compared to the big 4 environment I was used to - rewarding. You are able to determine exactly how much travel you want - 0% to 100% and you are rewarded both financially and with more project options if you are open to traveling and seeing other cities.

Due to the entrepreneurial environment created by the CEO, you are rewarded for everything you do.. e.g. - if you are a mentor/team leader you get a substantial bonus at year end.. larger than my big 4 bonus.

Cons

The work can vary from project to project so it is important to be flexible.

You also don't necessarily see other people from TSG that often unless you are assigned on to a project with other TSG resources. It seems more and more projects have been calling for multiple resources which is helping that.

Provide an office by office budget that can be used on recreational teams / events. That's an easy way to get people together.

Stay away

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at The Siegfried Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Salary is pretty good compared to other placez

Cons

-Backstabbing, no real vision and blatant favortism

Stop doing these fake 5 stars review and actually try to fix the issue.

Empty Promises

Former Employee - Manager  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I worked at The Siegfried Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

1. Firm provided the highest starting salary and had a very lucrative bonus structure, especially if you were willing to travel.

2. The firm also made it seem like they would be able to deliver on providing great, career-building projects and that the firm was growing with endless opportunities to advance into higher leadership opportunities at the firm.

Cons

1. When starting at the firm, I waited four (4) months until I was placed on a project.
    2. During the two (2) years I was with the firm, I was on the bench 50% (i.e. unassigned) of the time.
    3. When the firm laid off fellow employees during the recession, they were unethical and tried to get out of paying unemployment benefits by using excuses for terminations, such as "misaligned with firm values".
    4. I had other colleagues who were on the bench more than I was.
    5. Very political environment. You were expected to attend all firm happy hours, dinners, etc and kiss up to senior management.
    6. Paid only once per month.

Look at what other consulting firms have done to become successful. Rid of bad management, including those at the top. Reorganize the company so it is aligned better and rename your firm because people who have been mistreated remember and will never forget.

A Rewarding & Fun place to work!!!

Current Employee - Senior Manager  in  Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at The Siegfried Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Siegfried has been a great employer for me because I have been able to build upon my prior accounting experience through working on a variety of engagements. While at Siegfried, I have been on 4 engagements ranging from Public Accounting, Internal Auditing, Alternative Investment Accounting and Real Estate Accounting. For someone that enjoys travel, I have had the opportunity to work in various states all over the US and even worked in Napa Valley. To name a few industries I have worked on are banking, retail, fertilizer, oil & gas, timber and winery, but not all. I have been to Vegas a couple of times for Siegfried Seminars and Fun! Recently, I was promoted to Team Leader and now have the opportunity to serve the Resources and be a part of their career paths while at Siegfried. The promotion has been a highlight for me. The Firm has been extremely accommodating to me and generous to my family.

Cons

If you are not looking for variety in assignments and projects, then you may want to reconsider your chosen career path.

Keep maintaining the professional work environment that I enjoy being a part of.

Good Place to Work

Current Employee - Senior Manager  in  McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in McLean, VA

I have been working at The Siegfried Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

1) Varying Client Assignments -- really does enhance your resume
    2) Long Client Assignments -- combines the best of both private and public accounting where you are treated as part of a team and truly valued (much different than the view for external auditors)
    3) Driven/Intellectual Colleagues -- refreshing to work with like-minded individuals
    4) Lavish annual trips that make you feel special -- always nice to have fancy dinners and accommodations provided

Cons

1) Weekly hour goal is making the feel of the company too similar to public accounting
    2) Travel demands can be excessive

Scale back the weekly hour goal to ensure a better work/life balance

Worked for The Siegfried Group? Contribute to the Community!