The Siegfried Group Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset
3.2
The Siegfried Group President and CEO Rob Siegfried Jr.
Rob Siegfried Jr.

Pros
  • I met lots of great people while there (in 5 reviews)

• Recently, I was promoted to Team Leader and now have the opportunity to serve the Resources and be a part of their career paths while at Siegfried (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Coming from a Big 4 I had expectation that you can voice your concerns and be treated with respect, however; that was absolutely not the case (in 4 reviews)

• Some assignments can be mundane (in 8 reviews)

Manager

I worked at The Siegfried Group full-time

Pros

Great business model including incentive compensation for travel and other work.

Cons

They have partnerships with EY and PwC for contract audit staff, so if you want to avoid busy season work, try to avoid these jobs.

2. Good place to gain a variety of experience

Former Employee - Associate Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Associate Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at The Siegfried Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The Siegfried Group offered me a lot of challenges in my 3+ years as a resource, and I was able to grow a lot in terms of confidence, technical abilities & managerial experience. Compensation was very competitive, people at the company are great & I made a lot of friends both in the firm & at clients. I liked that the projects changed roughly every 8-10 months, because it offered you an opportunity to develop great relationships, and make a difference at the client before moving on. I worked on 5 projects in 3+ years, each in different industries. 4 those companies were Fortune 100 firms that offered me great experience in high profile projects. Also, for the most part I felt that I finally found a place where I had work/life balance on most assignments.

Cons

Some projects aren't as interesting and challenging as others, but if you are proactive in working with management, you can get on the 'better' projects.

3. Associate Manager

Current Employee - Associate Manager
    Current Employee - Associate Manager

Pros

You get a wealth of experience from large companies. If you like only project based work and like new challenges constantly this would be the right line of work for you.

Cons

If you are a planner this might not be the right place to work. You could be in one city and then be sent to a totally different city for a 9 month assignment with very little notice.

5. Make something out of it...your choice

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at The Siegfried Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Get on a client, wow them, earn incentives that are generous, build your resume, make strong connections internally and build your professional network. There are lots of advantages to working here - but you'll have to be smart enough to take advantage and maximize the opportunity.Don't expect to be handed a great experience - you have to make the connections with your colleagues and your clients on your own. Your efforts will be rewarded with longer engagements and ultimately compensation.

Cons

Yes, there will be bench time. Job stability during these periods is not great. Make the connections internally and management will stick with you longer than you might think. You may need to travel more than you expected. Interacting with the Delaware team is not a highlight but keep the focus on the prize - your clients, your network, your colleagues, and your bank account.

Advice to Management

Thanks for the opportunity.

6. Great opportunity for rising stars

I have been working at The Siegfried Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Reading several reviews and understanding that the company tends to hire people who are early on in their careers (3-8 years of experience generally) I get the impression that the folks who are unsatisfied with their experience may not have a lot of experience to compare to - "grass is always greener" syndrome I suppose. Having previously worked for larger and smaller organizations, I have found that for a mid-sized company, Siegfried shows a lot of promise. Leadership has great intentions and works diligently to navigate how to best execute its initiatives in the interest of its stakeholders (employees, clients, etc.). In my 5+ years with the firm, I've been fortunate enough to enjoy multiple promotions, raises and opportunities to be exposed to new responsibilities and duties. I've been able to do really rewarding work resulting in measurable successes which has been very fulfilling.

Cons

This place is not for the faint of heart. The company has very high expectations of its employees - mediocrity will not cut it! High risk, high reward. Do not join this organization if you're looking for a cake role - join it if you want to accelerate your career and earn real good compensation.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on the needs of employees and clients.

7. Attitude

Pros

Amazing place to work. It all depends on your attitude . Growing company, a lot of leadership opportunities Good compensation

Cons

lack of consistency and logic in promoting peopleni unclear advancement opportuties expected to be highly involved in work events

Not great to be honest..leaves much to be desired

I worked at The Siegfried Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This can be a good option for people who are leaving a big four firm and are unsure of what to do next. Also the base pay tends to be higher, which is nice when you've been working long hours in public accounting and not getting paid overtime.

Cons

Unfortunately what they promise and what they deliver very rarely agree. Although you regularly hear about the importance of transparency and all the great bonus options, what they don't tell you is how complicated the criteria and the calculations are, and the over-emphasis on bringing in more potential employees for them to interview. Also your opportunities for promotion are limited to how much you befriend the leadership team. They focus more on partying and socializing than on how well you deliver actual work to the client. Additionally there isn't much variety in the client work being offered, so unless you are lucky in your assignment, you will probably be assigned to something mundane and boring. The head of the company also requires that you attend mandatory quarterly conferences (mostly on Saturdays) where he rambles on about his religious/political beliefs.

Advice to Management

Promote on merit and not friendship, and focus more on getting the small things right (like delivering as promised) and not on fancy marketing phraseology.

9. Manager

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at The Siegfried Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing compensation with great bonuses Fairly flexible Young staff

Cons

Not very transparent, outdated software, policies are strict, You cannot work here straight out of college

10. Manager

I have been working at The Siegfried Group full-time

Pros

Salary is competitive and at market

Cons

Uncertainty of which client is next

11. Great place to transition from audit to corporate accounting

Former Employee - Accounting Manager/Team Leader in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Accounting Manager/Team Leader in Denver, CO

I worked at The Siegfried Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great pay, good experience. It works if you walk in with the mindset to make good money, get a diverse skill set and move on to another place after a few years.

Cons

To be successful, you need to be extremely flexible with hours and travel.

Advice to Management

Their business model works.

RSS Feed </> Embed