The Smart Cube Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.2
Gautam Singh

Pros
  • Work life balance easy to maintain (in 5 reviews)

• Good culture and fun activities (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is a small issue and is good for those who are ambitious (in 10 reviews)

• Working hours were long but I hear they have now been cut down (in 7 reviews)

1. Great company to launch your career! And even stick around!!

Former Employee - Senior Analyst
    Former Employee - Senior Analyst

I worked at The Smart Cube full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

TSC is s great place to start you career. I worked there for 3 years, and now am at a US b-school for MBA. I learned a lot of things at TSC. It forayed me into the world of consulting. Acted as a stepping stone to my career. That being said, I would not have minded staying in the company for long and working my way up to the upper echelons (yes, it is very much possible to do that, given time of course), had my MBA dream not materialized. Another thing worth noting is that if you like adventure sports like river rafting, rappelling, hiking, trailing, etc., then you will really enjoy the various outbound programs that TSC offers. I loved them! - Good work ethic - No office politics - Good quality work (if you are proactive and intelligent) - Aware and conscientious senior management - and lots of parties!

Cons

With time, some inferior quality work and low-spirited people have crept in he company. It is customary for a growth company to go through this phase, but I hope senior management will be working strenuously to keep the collateral damage minimal. Also, if you are not putting in effort and doing good work, the company will staff you only on mechanical projects which are very laborious and boring.

Advice to Management

- Fiercely guard the work quality and people standards. Don't make any compromises on that front. - Have some policy to retain good talent in the company. Don't let TSC become a conduit for talented people to come, shine, and leave for better opportunities. They are the backbone of the company, so make TSC the 'better opportunitiy' for them. (I would suggest increase their salary, and give them good, creative and challenging projects).

2. Senior Analyst

I worked at The Smart Cube

Pros

- Good place to start your career, you learn things about market research and how business works. Looks mundane but you can adopt things and scale as much as you want. - Within projects, you can take up your own initiatives to show good analysis to the clients who value that.

Cons

- Horrible for MBAs, no differentiation from graduates - Projects are assigned based on 'perception' - Micromanaging PLs and managers, some of them love to make your life miserable - Work life balance is screwed up - Politics is evident across the floor; be MDs favourite and you'll be sent to UK/Romania - Seriously lags in terms of facilities for employees; having a decent cafeteria won't hurt.

Advice to Management

Please treat your employees with respect and not as resources. Give them autonomy to work and trust them with what they're doing. You always complain about people not producing good quality output, but you don't trust them for doing that anyway. Train people to become owners of their work rather than allotting PLs and Super PLs for review.

3. Best quality of projects in the industry, good culture but very gloomy place

Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Noida (India)
    Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Noida (India)

I worked at The Smart Cube full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Having moved to another KPO, I realized TSC has one of the highest quality of projects in the Indian KPO industry. The best thing about TSC is the training, both internal and outbound. They will train you like nobody, making you a better analyst. The other good thing about TSC is focus on details. There is a lot of focus on small details, which may sound micro management, but they help you grow as an individual. The senior management is open to new ideas encourages people to speak. IT and Admin are equally flexible and supportive. The company offers flexible work timings, casual dressing etc..

Cons

1. Overall, there it is a gloomy place. People here undermines employees as mere resources. Please don't treat employees as a commodity you can buy from market. Some managers, specially those who are institutionalized, looks down on new joiners and snob them. 2. In terms of next career opportunity, you are more than welcome at its direct and indirect competitors. All you can get is inferior quality of work and a hike of 30-40% on any given day. The options are quite limited and very few MBA graduates really grow after working here. having said this, this is absolutely a great place for undergraduates. 3. The attrition is very high, close to 40% maybe. Undergraduates go for higher educations within 1-2 years and MBA grads are forced to leave as they are massively underpaid. This makes the overall environment on the floor negative. All people discuss is about someone leaving or an opportunity to leave. 4. The worst thing about TSC is its policy related to foreign trips. They use their small offices in Romania and Uruguay (which is closed by now) as a carrot to retain senior analysts and assistant managers. The US office is used as a carrot to retain senior managers. The company also has double standards when it comes to giving compensation to employees who are sent abroad.

Advice to Management

Out of all KPOs, your billing rate is highest, but what you pay is very less. You accept this but you do nothing. The environment on floor is very negative. All I witnessed was that managers and assistant managers insulting analysts and senior analysts upon pity issues. Please stop calling analysts as resources. The term resource is irritating. Despite all this I take in pride in associating myself with TSC.

5. Good place to be in.

Current Employee - Analyst in New Delhi (India)
    Current Employee - Analyst in New Delhi (India)

I have been working at The Smart Cube full-time

Pros

Less/no hierarchy; good quality clients; great people in the senior management (except a few); HR team does a great job of keeping employees motivated (without giving out money to the employees, of course)

Cons

Pay-package sucks, takes a lot of time to reach on the top, and still won't go beyond Associate VP (precisely nine years), fewer opportunities of going abroad

Advice to Management

Pay us more. A little more, maybe 10%. Stop explaining us the industry standards

6. Analyst

I have been working at The Smart Cube full-time

Pros

A cool, next gen organisation with an amazing culture, excellent infrastructure, decent compensation – producing better and insightful work than rivalry in the industry.

Cons

Work Life balance – difficult to maintain, due to long working hours, several benefits are only available for Senior Analysts and above.

Advice to Management

Bang on Job !

7. Good company to work with, not much focussed on Financial Research

Current Employee - Manager in Noida (India)
    Current Employee - Manager in Noida (India)

I have been working at The Smart Cube full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good working environment though long working hours

Cons

Too much focus on home grown people; not able to handle laterals well

Advice to Management

Focus on laterals too

8. Senior Analyst

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Noida (India)

I have been working at The Smart Cube full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good environment. Flexible Timing. Team Outings

Cons

Small Team. Not many smart people to learn from.

Advice to Management

Start investing talent.

9. good place to work

I have been working at The Smart Cube

Pros

Good work environment, employee friendly policies and high quality work

Cons

Cab charges are very high, employees have to stretch at times

10. Excellent work culture!

I have been working at The Smart Cube

Pros

Every aspect of the company has been planned systematically and benefit employees

Cons

Cab charges are too high :p

Advice to Management

None

Do your research before joining the company

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Noida (India)

I have been working at The Smart Cube full-time (More than a year)

Pros

– Join this firm, if you cant find anything else to do – People are nice, by the way. Poor souls who have been conned in joining this company and whose careers are screwed now

Cons

– Apart from the name, there is nothing smart about this company – The work you will get, will have no relation to your academic background for 90% of the time – They will portray themselves as something they are not. DO NOT FALL FOR FANCY WORDS USED ON THE COMPANY's WEBSITE – The package they will offer you will compose of multiple factors, definition for which will be different in your and the company's dictionary; In essence, get ready to be paid with rotten peanuts – On top of it, they will charge you heavily for the cab and food. Yes, no food for you – Top management is full of jokers, whose aim is to fill their pockets only by hooks or crooks – There are too many HRs in the company, still no one will listen to your problems; every issue, you raise will be ignored by referring to "company policies" which they cook up on the spot – If you are from STEM background, and are from some good college, such as DU or DCE or BITS, NEVER, I repeat NEVER join this company

Advice to Management

– Start practicing those values of yours and stop portraying yourself as something that you are not – Be honest with people, you are hiring – Explain in detail what kind of work you are expecting from them – Explain the breakdown of the packages offered – Keep in mind the educational background of a person before putting them in specific groups

RSS Feed </> Embed