The Sports Facilities Advisory

4.7

Dev Pathik

Fast Paced, Driven Experts on the Move

I have been working at The Sports Facilities Advisory

Pros

Opportunity for growth
    Network of experts ensures high support, effective teamwork, and quality results
    Industry-leading firm with complete stability and tremendous upside
    Focus on constant pursuit of excellence
    Principles, pratcices, projects, and ethics you can take pride in

Cons

Significant travel required for corporate positions, which not everyone is cut out for
    Very fast-paced atmosphere requiring constant drive, focus, and determination; can be tiring and occassionally stressful, but the impact we make on children and families across the country is worth it

Keep hiring talented individuals with strong motors and unwaivering morals

SFA is the best company I have ever worked for

Current Employee - Management Advisor in Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Management Advisor in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at The Sports Facilities Advisory full-time (more than an year)

Pros

What you do matters. If you do great work it will have an impact on the SFA team and the communities SFA serves

Cons

The expectations are high and the pace is fast. Its great if that's your style but it will not work for anyone looking to skate by.

Keep hiring great people. Let's not loose the culture of excellence. Invest in technology and training. Keep up the management team meetings it helps us to stay connected.

Sports Facility Planning & Management - Industry Leader

I have been working at The Sports Facilities Advisory full-time

Pros

Ability to work on your own and encouraged to "think like an owner" at all times. Freedom to make executive decisions and given support to back up those decisions to optimally drive business with systems, know-how with proven industry benchmarks and hands-on assistance from a team of dedicated, non-stop, competitive and driven colleagues.

Cons

Difficulty in having to share the downside with clients.
    We consistently need to present the good, the bad and even the ugly and it, at times, involves letting an individual or a collective group of people know that their dream doesnt always make good business sense in the long run.
    Also - sharing the reality of challenges ahead with owners and/or investors and getting them onboard and truly able to fully understand the reality of a situation is difficult.
    You (I) hate to have to be a dream killer, but it's better than over-promising or misleading your clients, especially when it comes to the level of investment necessary to get some of these projects off the ground or challenged operations turned around.

Have the bench strength ready for growth.
    The only limitations for the future will be to find individuals to bring onboard that have anywhere near the level of dedication or the ability to the work long/rewarding hours necessary to deliver services current levels to the client base.
    The partners all have a like-minded & extremely hard working (16+hrs/day consistently) passion for delivering results to their customers/clients in an industry they truly enjoy working in - recruiting talented team members to grow the operation will be challenging with the bar set so high by the personal effort, talent and delivery of results over the past few years by the leaders of the organization.

Forward-thinking, industry-leading consultant firm in the sports facility planning and management industry

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at The Sports Facilities Advisory full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Ethical, honest, direct, and financially responsible consulting firm; dynamic group of owners, management advisors, and analysts; great team to work with, each is a true professional and specialist at what he/she does.

Cons

Focused on client services and customer satisfaction, rightfully so, but more time needed on internal systems improvements

Continue to seek out and staff the best advisors and analysts in the industry. Continue to set the standard for professional planning and management of sports complexes.

Visionary Leadership with Solid Practical Experience and an enviable track record of successes

I have been working at The Sports Facilities Advisory full-time

Pros

The leadership and staff of this organization are simply the best I have ever experienced as an employee. This is a bright, savvy, classy group of people with a breadth and depth of experience and who operate with integrity. Words to describe the work environment and working for the leadership include: positive, polished, professional, solutions oriented and entrepreneurial. They value a culture of learning and continuous improvement. They demand accountability from their employees but do so in a supportive, positive way. Goals are clearly establishes and revisited when needed. Mistakes are used as a learning experience instead of a time for retribution.

Cons

As with any smaller organization, staff members end up being more of a generalist at times than is optimal.

The company vision and plans for strategic growth are spot on. As leaders in a growing "industry", SFA is poised to do very well. You are the right people doing the right things at the right time.

SFA

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

I worked at The Sports Facilities Advisory

Pros

- Relaxed Atmosphere
    - Staff are dedicated to serving the company
    - Location
    - Clients base is easy to work with

Cons

- No business plan in place
    - Just-in-time leadership
    - Planning and project management does not exists

Though the ideas is present for success, the stepping stones to achieve that success are not in place

Fantastic corporate culture. I love this place. Sound business plan.

I have been working at The Sports Facilities Advisory full-time

Pros

Values based decision making. Freedom to fly or to fail based on your own decisions and talent. Every member's expertise and experience are respected and valued or they would not be here. I have loved other job environments and job types before, but I have never before felt like I had this strong a team around me. I am energized by this experience, and since the strategy is so strong, we are experiencing explosive growth - which means that the only limitation on opportunity is your own ability.

Cons

This environment is such that an undisciplined person will not be successful, and someone who is not self-directed will also struggle. You get the freedom of independent action, but have the accountability that goes along with it.

Keep it up. Seriously.