The Stratton Group

Profile Unclaimed

The Stratton Group Reviews

2.3

Lindsay Hufnagel

Great job for a people person

I have been working at The Stratton Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great way to learn the marketing business! Very energetic work environment. If you like working with people this job is definitely for you.

Cons

You have to work hard and maintain a positive attitude, but the payoff is great!

I am seriously loosing my fiancée to a Cult.

Former Employee - Slave in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Slave in Tampa, FL

I worked at The Stratton Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Pros are you get to spend your own money to work there. No hourly wage. They do make you feel important and brainwash you. No free time, did I mention zero benefits. No pot of gold at the end of the rainbow! If you are young and prefer to take shortcuts on getting rich, than this is the job for you.You will make nothing.

Cons

You are expected to be at "Team Night" which costs your own money. Meetings every morning that are unpaid. and than if you are lucky to hit your sales goals they give you the day off the following day so you cant make money two days in a row. Oh yes not to mention setting up at stores sometimes 40 miles away for free and never seeing a dime.

You pry on young people to do your slave labor. You are a Cult for the weak. you make your employees think that they are going to rise, yet they never do. that is why you will always understaffed.. Pay your employees. You are all B.S. slave drivers. Your truly happy with doing this. Terrible Un-American company

This is NOT a marketing company. It's a small operation, DIRECT SALES company. Think mall kiosk or membership club.

I worked at The Stratton Group part-time

Pros

It'll pay the bills if you're good at convincing people to impulse buy. If you're really good at it, you can eventually open up your own brick on the pyramid scheme. As you convince other people to join, you'll potentially earn better money.

Cons

Definitely not a marketing position nor marketing company! This is 100% a direct sales company, pyramid style. Very long hours, commission based pay. All about direct sales.

Don't lie to the people you're trying to recruit. Call it what it is - there are people out there looking for sales experience, and this can give them that...

Terrible work place

I have been working at The Stratton Group full-time

Pros

It is a job and you make money

Cons

Highest turnover company in the area for a reason - don't believe it? Check the job boards.

If hard work and positive attitude were all it took then why can't they keep employees?

Pay is terrible.

Stop wasting peoples time

Awesome company! Still employed!

Current Employee - Trainer in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Trainer in Tampa, FL

I have been working at The Stratton Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

If you want to do something with your life, learn, and grow, then apply!

Cons

If your lazy, negative, or don't like to work hard- stay away!

Keep it up! I've learned more here than in college and I love the one on one training!

Misrepresentation of what you'll actually be doing.

I have been working at The Stratton Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Young Coworkers; people are generally nice; help with sales tips

Cons

The workdays are so long you start with a morning meeting monday through saturday.
    They say the meetings are invitation only but then still expect you to be there every day which is really confusing.
    If you don't like sales just stay away from this company. If you love sales go for it.

Don't Do It

Former Employee - Sales in Tampa (Indonesia)
    Former Employee - Sales in Tampa (Indonesia)

I worked at The Stratton Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

-Learn some good manipulating marketing/sales techniques

Cons

Such a false sense of hope: Long hours, promise of leadership within 3-4 weeks and never get there, more leadership just means more work for same pay, never once paid me correctly or for travel, messed up my taxes, never gave me my last paycheck, management is fake and manipulative, pay is minimum wage even though they say you will make around $500 a week on average. Out right lie.

Don't manipulate your employees. Any honest person that realizes your actions will leave that same week.