The Talking Phone Book

The Talking Phone Book Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Richard D. Lewis

Very high turnover rate...

Sales Representative (Former Employee)
    Charleston, SC

ProsGood pay in comparison to other entry level sales jobs. Coworkers all worked together very well.

ConsYour job was on the line every day. One day a "hero" next day a "zero".

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a look at the long term success of employees and be reasonable about the real potential of sales in a down economy. Be more fair in distribution of canvas's, meaning one person shouldn't be give all the prime big money accounts and others receive lots of small potential accts.

Very disappointing

Directory Manager 2006 (Former Employee)
    Newport News, VA

ProsUsually a good starting salary. They may only plan on paying it for a few months.

ConsIn spite of making sales goals, you will likely be removed from your position without cause. I was the 4th person to take a mid level management job in an office that had only been established for 3 years. If it were only my story, not worth mentioning. Unfortunately, I observed them do this to numerous individuals who had been relocated only to be removed from the position in less than a year.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf there is anyone left in the industry that would consider going to work for you, it would be wise to treat them better than the miriad of people you've jacked with.

TPB

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Buffalo, NY

ProsHours of business, casual environment

ConsLow pay, management not open to new ideas

Advice to Senior ManagementQuality costs money

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Expect to be frustrated

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Buffalo, NY

ProsHours of business - 8:30-4:30. Casual Dress.

ConsConstant, non-sensible strategies from senior management.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend a day doing what you ask your employees to do.

Worst Place I have ever worked. Longest hours everm for the least amount of money!

Account Executive (Former Employee)

ProsYou will learn a real strong sales approach. They teach the "old school" selling method. The totally micro manage, so if you are not organized they will make you organized.

ConsThey play a total mental game with you. The consistantly use scar tackets to push you to close business. They run the office much like the milatary, if you are one minute late coming in the morning or for your afternoon check back in you get written up, even if you were writing business. They also will require you to come in early and work late, even saturday if the team is not where they need to be. They will not make exceptions to this, even if you have children or a commitment you cant get out of. For several weeks, I was working 12 hour days 5 days a week and 5 hours on Saturday in the office. There is also a ton of take home work that you have to do during non selling hours. Worst job ever!!! They never use positive reinforcement, it is always negative.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe positive instead of trying to scare everyone into selling. Management at the local level is nothing but glorified babysitters.

Worked for The Talking Phone Book? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Talking Phone Book reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for The Talking Phone Book CEO Richard D. Lewis . All 5 reviews posted anonymously by The Talking Phone Book employees.