The Tax Club

Be The First To
Add Photos

Michael Savage

Great place to start

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe people are great to work with. Everyone is very helpful and friendly...never saw anyone refuse to help someone else or engage in any dirty politics, and they're smart as hell too and not afraid to help anyone or show it. Our direct managers were wonderful too. Learned A LOT more in one season than in all my previous tax seasons combined, it's a great place to start out and learn things. You will nevfer get bored...it's challenging and fast paced.

ConsIt's a great place to start, sure, but seems like there's very little room for advancement/growth. It's challenging and fast paced....and I put this in both pros and cons because some people thrive in those environments while others sink. Absolutely everyone and everything is a high priority and has to be dropped to serve it and take care of it. Everything has to be finished before moving on to the next task. If you're not used to multitasking and thriving in a fast paced environment, you will fail miserably. I said that direct managers/coworkers are very helpful, but there's no training given...you have to hit the ground running.

Upper management doesn't seem to give two hoots about us employees. Very quantity over quality driven. They'd rather we give mediocre service to as many clients as possible instead of giving stellar service to long time clients. Ridiculous quotas that had to be met every week. This company operates on the "the customer is always right" credo....that should tell you right there, god forbid a customer complain about you, your job is in jeopardy. Demanding, pushy, rude clients are given top priority over the nice, long time loyal clients.

Advice to Senior ManagementCustomer is NOT always right and quantity isn't always better over quality.

Kill me now

Tax (Former Employee)

ProsJust a place to get book keeping experience. Arts and crafts on some days

ConsEverything is wrong here. There's no time for interns. Don't come here expecting much

It was very good.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsHad great manager, liked coworkers.

ConsCan't think of any really

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sales Executive

Sales Exutive (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsGood hours, some of the people are friendly. Good location. Decent training and the pay can be above average for the type of sales. Good medical and dental plan offered.

ConsThis company has one of the worst records with the better business bureau and has had multiple charges brought up against it with the government.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your clients like you'd the way you'd like your mother to be treated.

Seasonal Tax Preparer

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsRelatively low stress environment even during tax season compared to other firms

ConsCompany has a quantity over quality focus

Advice to Senior ManagementLead by example and try to set a more positive example

Run away

Salesman (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsYou can do whatever you want
    You can make a lot of money with minimal effort

ConsBecause of that the FTC came in...
    No advancement
    The culture is very tense
    Upper management has no idea what's going on

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate better with employees
    Keep those who act irresponsible in line

a joke.

Prosquitting.

the only good thing i ever did at this place was quit.

Cons- low pay.
    - terrible benefits.
    - spend your day consoling little old ladies who were scammed by the company.
    - awful employee morale (see above.)
    - high turnover (see above.)
    - incompetent management.
    - salesforce full of drug addicts who will sell 95 year old women $20,000 "packages" to start an online business... even when the 95 year old woman has no computer. and guess who that woman will call to cry? that's right. you. and no, no refund. her life savings goes to buy michael savage his cashmir sweaters.

Advice to Senior Managementget lives.

Good place to learn

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsCoworkers are young and friendly. After hours are spent at the bars across the street. Good place to learn your craft.

ConsManagement is mediocre. Wages are low. Benefits are mediocre as well. No real upward mobility unless you hangout with one of the owners. Basically, promotions are not done by merit. Company has the "everyone is replaceable" attitude.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate your good employees and realize that they won't stick around if you don't give them a reason to.

Educational and Fun

Tax Accountant (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe working environment is very team based. Coworkers and managers are very friendly and supportive. Tax managers were very knowledgeable and helpful. The views from the office are incredible.

ConsSometimes felt as if we were understaffed, but my friends at other accounting firms tell me they feel the same way... Also, I would have appreciated more formal training opportunities. While I learned a ton, it was mainly on-the-job training. They did pay for me to attend the IRS Tax Forum, but I would have enjoyed other additional training opportunities.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would suggest that senior management communicate more with the staff. The tax managers were very helpful, but I felt like I didn't know what direction the company was headed while I was there.

Pleasant and rewarding

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsUpper management is very supportive.

ConsThe employee turnover is high.

Worked for The Tax Club? Contribute to the Community!