The Toro Group Reviews

4.3

Kenneth Toro

Love the advertising industry, great experience

Former Employee - Account Coordinator  in  Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Account Coordinator in Reston, VA

I worked at The Toro Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Worked for The Toro Group for about 2 years and found there to be a good balance of interacting with Clients, vendors, and media contacts on a regular basis and having the opportunity to carry out projects from beginning to end.

Most days are very busy with a variety of projects to get out for Clients, or the Agency. Hard working, diligent group of professionals that take their work seriously and are focused on getting the job done.

Cons

Though there was some overlap week-to-week with responsibliities, every day was unique with different projects to get out (print ads, radio, tv, direct mail, collateral, digital-related marketing).

Always busy, excellent opportunity for career advancement

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Reston, VA

I worked at The Toro Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

The work was never boring, and I was always challenged with interesting projects. Because it is a full-service ad agency, I learned a lot about all components of advertising (internet and traditional), marketing, media, and Client relations. Overall, excellent opportunity to advance a career and a major catalyst for me professionally.

Cons

Hours were sometimes heavy, but they were balanced with comp days and time off.

None

A great way to gain advertising experience and learn to manage a multitude of projects.

Current Employee - Production Artist  in  Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Production Artist in Reston, VA

I have been working at The Toro Group

Pros

Working at the Toro Group, you will gain plenty of experience - learning to manage a multitude of tasks and projects- while working side-by-side with co-workers who are very willing to help out whenever possible. This is a good place to help further a career in advertsing and will prepare you for just about anything.

Cons

This isn't an easy job, and will require someone who can handle a multitude of tasks and projects without stressing easily.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Decent salary but poorly run w little clients

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Reston, VA

I worked at The Toro Group

Pros

salary, exposure to different types of media, good group of coworkers, good bonuses, manage all parts of accounts, learn automotive world

Cons

poor management, asked to do things uncomfortably, cannot be promoted, management puts personal a head of performance, unattainable sales numbers w/ few bonuses or benefits I never knew if i was going to get my cut of a sale

The Toro Group has allowed me to merge from my knowledge in sales to growth in the advertising/marketing field.

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at The Toro Group

Pros

As an account executive, you are entrenched in dealing with all aspects of advertising and CRM- graphics, selling, accounting, project management, relationship management, and brand compliance management.

Cons

Much of the training is based on on the job experience. Although it was tough at first, learning the business through trial and error on my own has really helped me work as an independant employee allowing me to take my manager out of the equation.

Worked for The Toro Group? Contribute to the Community!