The Training Associates

Updated April 9, 2014
3.9

The Training Associates CEO Vic Melfa
Vic Melfa

Can't imagine working any where else!

Current Employee - Sales  in  Westborough, MA
    Current Employee - Sales in Westborough, MA

I have been working at The Training Associates full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Privately held, family oriented company that promotes from within, encourages personal and professional growth, and encourages personal accountability. Profit sharing via commissions and great benefits enable employees to be accountable and share in success. Top notch management team. I look foward to coming to work every day.

Cons

Rapid growth causes change, which can be intimidating.

Keep doing what you are doing and continue to value input from those in the trenches.

Technical Trainer

Current Employee - Technical Trainer
    Current Employee - Technical Trainer

I have been working at The Training Associates as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Excellent company to do contract training for, you pick the assignments you want, work when you want. The pay is OK, you bid for the assignments. The pay is on time and consistent.

Cons

None that I have found so far.

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Westborough, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westborough, MA

I worked at The Training Associates full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There once was a great sense of family and belonging to a greater good that has come under strain recently. This is a dynamic company with many divergent backgrounds and abilities. For years they have elevated from within and that is a boost to morale.

Cons

There is a bit of a revolving door happening. One day people are content and working hard, the next day they are gone! Some of the internal programs need to be unified and updated, as well as a focus on staying current. Listening to the staff is not one of the best qualities of the company.

Stabilize the workforce and be more open to staff input. Ideas by everyone, not just a few should be treated with respect.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

great culture and atmosphere to provide productivity

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Westborough, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westborough, MA

I have been working at The Training Associates full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

respect, appreciation for effort, family oriented, offer further education opportunities

Cons

Most all if this is good

Continue your great management style

Very interesting & rewarding career

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Westborough, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westborough, MA

I have been working at The Training Associates full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very interesting & rewarding career. Great people to work with. President and managers are very sharp, hard working and available around the clock if you need them.
    They are always looking at ways to improve process and are not afraid of making changes which keeps things interesting. Unlike my previous jobs, there is no time for company politics and focus is on teamwork and getting the job done. The day goes by in a flash.

Cons

Due to the nature of business and working with people in different time zones, you can have some very long days. Their system takes a lot of time to learn and should have more regular training on it. Some long time employees try to kiss up to the CEO since he is not as involved and does not hold people accountable like the daughter/president does.
    I wish there was opportunity for international relocation.

Thank you for the most interesting job I have ever had.

A place to call home

Current Employee - Manager  in  Westborough, MA
    Current Employee - Manager in Westborough, MA

I have been working at The Training Associates full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Family owned business that really cares about its employees.
    Numerous growth opportunities.
    Well positioned niche services.

Cons

With growth comes much change which can be taxing at times.

Stay the course and do not let go of what is fundamentally good about the company.

Not a good company to work for

Former Employee - Contract Trainer
    Former Employee - Contract Trainer

I worked at The Training Associates as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

They have jobs. If you are desperate with good skills, you will probably get one.

Cons

They work you to death and do not have any consideration for you as a person. They SAY they do, but they will nickel and dime you every chance you get and if the contract with the client says you are to work a 40 hour week onsite, you will have to fly out Sunday work all week, then fly home late afternoon. With my contract I had to use my own credit card and get reimbursed for EVERYTHING. Hotel, Car, Airline, food, everything. If you use their travel service it can cost you up to $100/week for the service. If you like contract, this may work for you but after 6 months, I got so burned out I never want to EVER work for them again.

Try to have some consideration for people doing the work when negotiating a contract with companies.

TTA is a company where you enjoy coming to work every day.

I have been working at The Training Associates full-time

Pros

Progressive company that values work-life balance. Employees who value hard work and being rewarded for their dedication will grow with this company. TTA is well-positioned in the training industry and poised for another year of record growth!

Cons

Although Management is very open to employee suggestions for improving internal processes, procedures and policies, changes often occur very slowly.

Keep the lines of communication open to Senior Management.

Exceptional Company with True Passion and a Valuable Work experience

I have been working at The Training Associates full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Very successful relationship-oriented company that values employee contributions; business model is rock solid yet company is constantly looking for ways to keep innovative and in remain a growth mode; diligence, effort and longevity is appreciated; people are passionate about their work and the business.

Cons

Due to perpetual success decisions tend to be made slowly; new ideas take time to implement; often poor talent is held onto due to the extended amount of time it takes to skill up

Provide more recognition and reward for individual talent and successes

Rewarding and Exciting Company

Current Employee - Professional  in  Westborough, MA
    Current Employee - Professional in Westborough, MA

I have been working at The Training Associates full-time

Pros

The Training Associates offers employees an interesting and rewarding workplace. It is an exciting time to be part of the company’s growth. You have the potential to take your career to a new level and grow professionally.

Cons

As an employee, it is sometimes challenging to adjust to the pace of change needed as the company continues to growth.

As The Training Associates continues to uncover new growth opportunities, my advice to senior management is to make sure to continue to share the company’s vision and strategic goals with employees along the way.

The Training Associates Photos

The Training Associates HQ

+ Add Photo

Worked for The Training Associates? Contribute to the Community!