The Travel Corporation USA

4.3
Brett Tollman

1. Excellent Company, Excellent Culture

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Pros

This is a great company to work for. The culture is open and accepting, and there is always something to learn. Employees are given opportunities for advancement, fantastic travel benefits and a comparable salary. Open door is the norm, not the exception. I can't imagine working anywhere else.

Cons

I haven't found any yet

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

2. Outstanding Company

Current Employee - Call Center
    Current Employee - Call Center

Pros

I have been with The Travel Corp for many years. I have had more opportunities for growth and career development than I have ever experienced with any other company. I have also had lots of opportunity to see parts of the world that I never would have seen if I hadn't been here. The owners Brett and Gavin Tollman are also extremely caring individuals that regularly visit our office and make it a point to visit with the employees. I love being a part of this company and look forward to many more years here.

Cons

There is nothing that I can think of that is a CON for working here. Maybe the only con is I wish I could recruit all my friends and family to work here since it is such an amazing company.

Advice to Management

Senior management are also amazing. They truly live by the motto "family first" and I appreciate this greatly.

3. Great company to work for!

Current Employee - Travel Consultant in Anaheim, CA
    Current Employee - Travel Consultant in Anaheim, CA

Pros

Travel benefits, competitive pay, opportunity to move up in the company IF YOU WORK HARD, opportunity for raises, paid vacation, great health/medical benefits. Overall, working for this company has been extremely rewarding and I hope to work here until I am old and grey.

Cons

Secrecy. There are times when things are treated as if it is a huge secret and nobody can know, even things that everyone is going to know about in a few days anyway. This creates an atmosphere that lacks trust and leaves people feeling uneasy about management.

Advice to Management

Employees would have more trust in management if there was more transparency and less secrecy. Also, when someone is very poor at their job in res, why is the solution always to promote them to Service Desk? That doesn't make any sense, and just leads to bad res agents becoming bad service desk agents. Service Desk is too important a position to have poorly skilled people there. If someone is bad at res, send them to go work in dox, don't give a raise and a promotion to a more difficult and important position! Rewarding poor performance is counterproductive to the business.

5. An Amazing Journey ...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

I have been working at The Travel Corporation USA full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The Travel Corp offers great opportunities to those who are willing to work hard and strive for success. The company stresses its ability to promote from within and therefore offer legitimate career paths for those interested in a fast paced, dynamic environment that never seems to grow old. Many of its executives started with The Travel Corp at entry or lower levels and have been with the company for many years. Of course the benefits are tremendous, given all the fantastic places The Travel Corp sends its clients. And as employees you, too, are offered substantial travel discounts to be able to experience these same places. It is highly encouraged by senior and middle management for staff to take advantage of such benefits.

Cons

A career in the travel industry means a career that is always evolving. The world can be an unpredictable place sometimes, and various global occurrences provide challenges to a travel company whose mission is to send its clients to far away places. In addition, travel is a luxury product and one of the first to be taken out of personal budgets when the economy sours slightly. Thus there can be an ebb and flow to the business cycle, and if you're not one for evolution, change, etc. but rather the calm and "humdrum" of the same thing day-to-day, the travel industry might not be for you.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

6. Contact Center

I have been working at The Travel Corporation USA full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Supportive/positive environment where you are encouraged to grow and thrive in your roll. Strong Leadership team that is open to all questions. Engaging trainings and a company looking to always improve and share ideas. Being a Travel company, there are good travel perks and ways to see the world whether its receiving a trip by performance or a sales incentive or looking to take advantage of a company discount. Tenure pays off dividends when it comes to travel discounts.

Cons

Nothing major. Would like to see the continued progress with some of the technology features utilized in the company for customer service aspects. Plan is in place!

7. Amazing Company!

Current Employee - Staff and Accounting Coordinator in Anaheim, CA
    Current Employee - Staff and Accounting Coordinator in Anaheim, CA

I have been working at The Travel Corporation USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Travel corp overs employees wonderful travel benefits on guided vacations worldwide. The longer you are with the company, the better the perks! TravCorp strives to make high quality travel experiences for people of all ages. IT's so wonderful to be able to stand behind the product and know you are helping people make their travel dreams a reality. It's very rewarding and every day is interesting. TravCorp works closely with TreadRight to help give back to our environment. Our CEO is committed to volunteerism and provides all employees with paid volunteer days! Management is very supportive and tries to ensure a positive working environment. Those who work hard will be rewarded!

Cons

Interview process is a bit long, but it shows the company is dedicated to finding high quality employees.

8. President

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Pros

Travel is a great industry to be involved in, and TravCorp USA with its broad set of brands is a leader in every sense. The tagline of "driven by service" is one I believe the company lives everyday.

Cons

TravCorp USA works in a volatile industry, when business is good it is good and when it is bad it is bad. I suspect all travel companies have to live with this imbalance.

9. Great company!

Current Employee - Anonymous in Anaheim, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Anaheim, CA

I have been working at The Travel Corporation USA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They are very welcoming to new employees. There are lots of opportunities to transfer from one brand or department to another. They have great travel benefits and you get a bigger discount the longer you are there on trips all over the world. My supervisor is supportive and caring. The company even has volunteer days where you get paid to volunteer to help the community. It's fun to work for a company where the product you are selling are trips of a lifetime.

Cons

The interview process can be long but hang in there because it is worth it!

10. Great travel benefits

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

I have been working at The Travel Corporation USA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company is good about allowing employees to transfer within departments. My boss is supportive. Great travel benefits. They will even send some employees on paid trips to learn more about the travel itineraries we are selling. It is a family like atmosphere.

Cons

Travel is mainly seasonal so you have to be o.k. with really busy times and slower times. You sometimes have to start out in a seasonal position so you have to be o.k. with that.

Welcome Back To High School

Former Employee - Reservations Agent in Anaheim, CA
    Former Employee - Reservations Agent in Anaheim, CA

Pros

Travel benefits are nice. And uhhh hmm tought questions, im pretty sure I have nothing else so that is about it.

Cons

It is all about who can kiss the managements rears the most. They dont care about sales numbers or performance, it is simply about who is closer to the management and those in charge, nothing else matters there.

Advice to Management

Clean house, stop making this out to be a high school, you guys are a travel company, why dont you actually focus on reward those who keep your business running mmkay?

RSS Feed </> Embed