The UPS Store Reviews

Reset
1.0
The UPS Store President Tim Davis
Tim Davis

Pros
  • I loved the flexible hours and the small staff that I worked with (in 7 reviews)

• It is a laid back environment during non-holiday seasons and great for college students (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Low pay and minimal opportunity for promotion (in 10 reviews)

• No benefits as independently owned (in 9 reviews)

1. UPS Store 3682

Former Employee - Supervisor in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at The UPS Store (More than a year)

Pros

Plenty of hours and experience

Cons

Lack of communication with owners, constant lying

Advice to Management

Fix your communication

2. Graphic Designer/Print Production/Shipping Associate

Former Employee - Jill of All Trades in Jackson, TN
    Former Employee - Jill of All Trades in Jackson, TN

I worked at The UPS Store full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was able to provide quick turn arounds on designs for customers in the local area. We also were trained to finger print for the state & local agencies as well as pack and ship items for the customers.

Cons

Design projects were minimal and people were often looking for the cheapest solution to their needs. They weren't interested in true design work that would benefit them. There were far too many other jobs being done (i.e. finger printing, packing, shipping, customer service, etc.) for the pay. The pay was minimal for the amount of trouble and the treatment of the employees.

Advice to Management

Pay your designers what they are worth... or move out of the design arena. I took the job because I needed to move to the area. Never would have taken the job had I known the abuse I took as a person working there... from customers mostly.

3. The store I worked at was AWFUL

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at The UPS Store full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Full time *stable* work , good places to eat in the neighborhood I worked in The main pro is , we as employees can leave anytime we want to work for something less torturous. The store I worked in was like something from your worst nightmare

Cons

1-Long hours / LOW pay. Pathetic. I make more now doing less lol 2-very tiring work, and it gets so busy nothing gets really done. Things are left laying around all day, and its a pigsty 3-the manager / or owner whatever he was kept trying to pawn off his responsibilities to me even though I hadnt been trained or knew anything yet. One time he told me to get copy paper from his car in the garage. Great, but I didnt know what his car was or where it was parked. He pawned over undesirable customers to me because he didnt want to deal with them. My co-worker wound up training me more than the man in charge 4-UNSANITARY. Everything was covered in dust, and yes I mean everything (even the fridge) ..and when I cleaned it , I got a some kind of 24 hour illness..the packing table was covered in flattened boxes, some of them had spiders crawling in them 5-No PTO, no paid holidays or benefits 6-Disorganized , see 2-4 ABSOLUTELY THE WORST MOST DISGUSTING PLACE I EVER WORKED IN.

Advice to Management

You better hope nobody from the Governnent sanitation department doesnt inspect your place. This manager has no idea how to train someone. Im so glad that Im not there !! I cannot rate the CEO since I dont know that person, but the person who managed the store was awful.

5. Not reccommended!

Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Birmingham, MI
    Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Birmingham, MI

I worked at The UPS Store full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Stable hours if your looking for full-time.The job however, is relatively easy as its mostly just using the POS(Point of Sale) system and packaging items.

Cons

There is no room for advancement; as the UPS store is a franchise and you will never have the owners job. During my duration I was not offered any lunch breaks or short paid breaks. There are no benefits, no dedicated break room. Shifts were 8-12 hours with mostly walking around waiting for customers. The store I worked at had a very toxic work environment. The owner was rarely present, dumping all the work on an already small staff me and two other people. The employees that I worked with were very rude and unprofessional. Between a lack of solidarity between employees, long shifts with no dedicated time to myself to eat, an absent owner who price gouges customers when she comes in an talks down to them if they don't agree with her rules. I quit this job within a week. However, it should be noted my experience does not reflect the culture of UPS; as the UPS store is truly a franchise. So be careful which location you apply, to as I'm sure they are not all the same.

Advice to Management

If your not passionate about shipping packages then don't open a franchise. This is a customer service position, not a cash cow. You have to be good with working with people. If you maintain an attitude and are not good with working with people ; then don't bother opening a business in customer service.

6. DONT DO IT !!!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clovis, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clovis, CA

Pros

There's nothing good about working here it was a hell hole hated every single thing abou it

Cons

Worst place to work illegal shipping certain items no respect for your hard work

Advice to Management

Some people shouldn't be managing a buisness due to immaturity .

7. Store Manager

Former Employee - Center Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Center Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at The UPS Store full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I had a dream team of employees and our customers made the job a lot of fun. Our UPS Driver and the Mailman were awesome.

Cons

The pay was beyond awful. The owner has no idea how to run a business which resulted in 26 new Employees in 2 years! I have never seen employee turnover that bad. With the amount it costs to train a new employee she could have doubled all of our pay and still saved tens of thousands of dollars every year! Go to work at UPS, not The UPS Store.

Advice to Management

Sell the business, or at least go to school and learn how to run a business. It's clear that you have no idea what your doing.

8. Sales Associate

Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

I worked at The UPS Store (More than 3 years)

Pros

learning the ins and outs of shipping via UPS

Cons

No benefits, little opportunity for advancement.

Advice to Management

Offer employees benefits like medical and sick days

9. Terrible experience. This is not a UPS job, this is a franchise job.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Louisville, KY

Pros

-Periods of free time if business is slow, not much else -It really depends on the owner of the store

Cons

-Horrible pay -No room for advancement -Policies and prices vary from store to store, making for a lot of angry customers.

Advice to Management

Standardize policies and prices. Establish a better pay scale for employees. The franchisees have way too much power here.

10. Poor management, very demanding.

Former Employee - Store Associate in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Store Associate in Atlanta, GA

Pros

There was a lot of downtime where you can just sit around.

Cons

The manager was very unprofessional, the owner was inexperienced. Your hours would be changed last minute, they will get mad if you cannot come in.

Advice to Management

Management definitely needs work. Training needs to be redone. The trainers couldn't even train on some subjects

11. Meeting new people.

Former Employee - Management Has No Clue How to Run This Store in Boca Raton, FL

Pros

The best reasons for working here is being able to help all types of people with all types of services. Hours are good for part time work.

Cons

No promotions or ability to grow with the company.

Advice to Management

Don't be so open with your private life.

RSS Feed </> Embed