The Vancouver Clinic Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.1
Sharon A. Crowell, M.D.

Proud to be a part of this company

I have been working at The Vancouver Clinic full-time

Pros

A company who cares about the employees, patients and community.

Cons

Communication is sometimes hard, as is with all growing companies but Leadership is always working on betters ways to improve.

Clinic Manager

Former Employee - Clinic Manager
    Former Employee - Clinic Manager

I worked at The Vancouver Clinic full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are a lot of very nice people at the Vancouver Clinic who want to work hard and provide good care for the patients.

Cons

Sadly, those people are not allowed to flourish given the culture of fear that is created through unspoken rules that are to numerous to count. Policies are not enforced uniformly by managers which leaves employees confused with no direction. I was lured by the promise of money and a different culture to return to TVC after four years. Unfortunately, the culture is still the same with 300 different personalities (the provides) running the show; how can anyone know what's happening. They want to create a "patient-centered, quality proven" atmosphere, yet when you try to do that you are stifled by the schoolyard antics of the so-called leadership. So, it is just a marketing line for them. Sounds great, but no substance. The problem is that the culture of fear due to he said/she said or department chairs, COO's feelings of how am I feeling today and whose life do I feel like messing with is how they role. If you are a leader/manager, DO NOT GO TO WORK HERE.

Advice to Management

What is management going to do? This is a physician-owned clinic. If a provider doesn't want to do something that the medical directors state, what can you do? Several times as a manager you will hear from a provider "I'm not going to do that." How can you ever move forward if everyone isn't on the same page? Best advice would be to get out if you are a person of any quality, there are lots of great jobs out there that is a culture of collaboration and not fear. If you are still there, my advice would be to prepare to wear the badge of Providence or Legacy because your current atmosphere is not sustainable in the new healthcare environment.

Registered Nurse

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at The Vancouver Clinic

Pros

Great atmospher, great people. Always looking for ways to improve and deliver the best care to their patients, and take great care of their staff at the same time

Cons

Not very uniform across the entire clinic on how to deal with situations. Lack of policies, and those they have are not strictly upheld, and very confusiing who should be governing those policies and equal enforcement

Advice to Management

Develope a policy committee, get current policies in place, and have a united front on enforcing those policies you bring out. Your staff get frustrated and confussed at how different departments within the same building are allowing staff more/less freedoms with what they can and cannot do within their scope of practice

The Vancouver Clinic is full of professional, hardworking, friendly, caring people.

I have been working at The Vancouver Clinic

Pros

The people are simply the best. Somehow they are able to find and keep the best! I love my job and the potential for growth.

Cons

I can't think of any cons.

Medical Assistant

Current Employee - Medical Assistant in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Medical Assistant in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at The Vancouver Clinic full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have worked at the clinic for over 15 years. I have enjoyed my job here tremendously. I have seen over the past few years a huge shift at involving all staff in clinic operations, and decisions. There is definitely an attempt at making this an employee friendly environment, and personally I feel that we as employees are benefiting greatly from the effort.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say. Could the pay be higher, yes..but I think there is a push to make it at least competitive for the area. Could our benefits be better, probably...but also, the clinic has made tremendous strides to make our benefits as employees affordable to us and our families. Just try to keep in mind, the grass isn't always greener.

I have been here 8 years as a Doctor and it is a great place to practice medicine.

Current Employee - Physician
    Current Employee - Physician

I have been working at The Vancouver Clinic

Pros

there were previous comments about mandatory buy-in for partnership which is just wrong. the buy-in is free over a 6 year time period with no risk at all.

Cons

I cannot think of much - I am easy going, really we can work as hard, or little as necessary - it is a totally reasonable work/life balance

The Vancouver Clinic strives to be the best and I think we are doing a great job getting there!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at The Vancouver Clinic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have thoroughly enjoyed working at TVC since I started last year! Working in the healthcare industry and caring for people makes our work so rewarding. The staff and the leadership are friendly and the culture is great!

Cons

I don't have any cons. It has been a tremendous experience so far! I look forward to many more years.

Advice to Management

Continue with the Roadshows! It gives us an opportunity to meet and talk to the administration on a more down to earth level.

A growing clinic that really desires embrace technology for convenience, while still serving patients personally.

Current Employee - Patient Service Specialist in Battle Ground, WA
    Current Employee - Patient Service Specialist in Battle Ground, WA

I have been working at The Vancouver Clinic

Pros

Fast-paced, family environment, great staff and providers. Very supportive team leaders and manager who desire to both be efficient and care for people.

Cons

Not as well-paying as some other clinics, some staff seem very apathetic, can be disappointing to not be able to better serve certain patients.

Advice to Management

We have a very personally invested executive team, and I would encourage them along their trajectory. I hope we do not, as a while lose our stated vision, mission, and values with continued growth.

Best Healthcare Organization I've Ever Worked For

I have been working at The Vancouver Clinic full-time

Pros

Comprehensive training, supportive leadership, management team that is invested in my personal growth as an employee

Cons

PTO could be higher in my opinion, but the competitive compensation balances it out and makes it possible for employees to take unpaid leave if they need it.

Advice to Management

Management does a great job - that's for caring so much about every single employee here.

The best healthcare company I have worked for in 20+ years!

I have been working at The Vancouver Clinic full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Listen to the staff, pay well and decent benefits. Always looking for ways to improve. The leaders are great.

Cons

There is constant change occuring, but I think this is just what is happening in healthcare these days. Seems like it is hard for them to keep up with the growth.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing....it seems to be working!

RSS Feed </> Embed