The Weinstein Company LLC

Updated Apr 2, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Bob Weinstein

Love the company. Hate the higher-ups.

Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at The Weinstein Company LLC full-time for more than a year

ProsThere are some amazing people who work for TWC -- it's very Devil Wears Prada. If you can last a year at Weinstein, you can make it ANYWHERE.

The work itself is very rewarding. You get huge opportunities to work with talent, give your input, and carry out your ideas.

ConsThe higher ups. Some of the higher ups here are extremely volatile (to put it mildly). One particular HU was out to sabotage anyone who stood in his way and made him look bad (if you yourself looked good to anyone else).

Advice to Senior ManagementGet better higher ups.

Land of Imaginary titles

I worked at The Weinstein Company LLC full-time

ProsPrivacy is nonexistent in this tiny dark probably molded office. You hear every call& order and if not in close rage there is always someone willing to share a dial-in to a call you have no business on.

In other words you see and hear everything. You can easily get a full grasp of how things work... Although the methods are so outdated and mediocre that you won't really find them useful.

ConsExtremely traditional. Everything is outsourced through vendors ... Lack of communication & creativity - too much Instant messaging. Not a hint of work/life balance.

Don't let the "success" stories fool you. Anyone who is here too long either got lucky with opportunity or has an undeniable fear of change. Get in, get what you can, get out.

Great if you work independently, bad if you have to involve management

Manager/Director (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at The Weinstein Company LLC full-time for more than 3 years

ProsLooks great on resume. Ability to make yourself stand out and chutzpah is rewarded.

ConsGood luck getting anything done through normal channels. Management is slow moving, lethargic. Talent is not always properly supported so all the good ones move on.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in your employees. Work towards long term solvency, not just the quick buck.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good place to intern

I worked at The Weinstein Company LLC

Pros- Most employees are nice and helpful, despite the opposite attitudes of some of the very high ups
- Fun to be a part of the movies TWC puts out
- If you ask, you might be able to take on different, more interesting responsibilities

Cons- Sometimes can be stressful in the presence of Harvey or Bob; some employees with (jokingly or otherwise) tell you to avoid eye contact

Not as bad as I thought it would be

I worked at The Weinstein Company LLC as an intern for less than a year

ProsPeople are more respectful to interns than rumored. The is a lot of diversity. Everyone works extremely hard and most people are kind.

ConsA ping pong table is the shared workspace for interns... they can do better. Expect to be asked to run errands for any employee who needs it.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf the boss is angry the entire office walks on eggshells and even interns feel the tension and backlash. It's awkward.

Great for those who have internal structure, not so much for those who get easily frazzled

Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at The Weinstein Company LLC full-time for more than a year

ProsThis company can be great when you're in the right place at the right time. Once you're rolling, you can make your way up very quickly.

The ability to work on amazing films and see and carry out your campaigns.

Freedom to conceptualize campaigns and flesh them out.

Consintense work environment, can be toxic

no training whatsoever

Advice to Senior Managementyou must be willing to put the time and effort to up morale. In a fast changing environment like this, there must be some structure.

A constant rollercoaster of highs and lows with some room for growth but not much mentorship.

I have been working at The Weinstein Company LLC

ProsPlace is extremely free of bureaucracy and red-tape and can allow your duties to grow based on ambition.

ConsLack of solid structure, disorganization, disrespect from management, 24/7 work expectations.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire an exec dedicated strictly to internal operations and policy.

Great exposure to generally high quality projects in a fast-paced industry.

Intern (Former Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I worked at The Weinstein Company LLC

ProsWorking on high-profile projects; name recognition; wide array of television, film and branding interests; good location; some promotions done from within

ConsLong hours for little pay, previous incompetence at management level, promotions given where not deserved

Advice to Senior ManagementI think the problems TWC faces are not unique in a film production/distribution company, and I would suggest more competency issues be addressed. Also, don't treat your assistants like crap. It will come around.

Not Miramax, that's for sure

Publicist (Current Employee)

I have been working at The Weinstein Company LLC

ProsObviously, it's fun, as you work in the entertainment business...But if you think that this is the same company that they ran before then you have another thing coming

ConsStupid hours, lack of OT, lack of car service, really really cheap... No one really thinks or plans, they just react and do.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlan ahead, you know what movies you have, just pull the trigger on some of the films, and maybe put some money behind them

Great exposure at a cost

Publicity (Former Employee)

I worked at The Weinstein Company LLC

ProsA small company that allows for greater exposure than other larger companies. Because of the size one also tends to have responsibilities beyond that of other companies. They like to promote within the company so there is a great opportunity to move up if one is willing to stick around.

ConsThey are essentially understaffed which makes one's responsibilities beyond that of their pay. Also the office environment is cold. They do not spend quite the same as other studios on improving the office space and environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementPerhaps pay closer to the competition and you might have a better chance of hanging onto your disgruntled employees

Worked for The Weinstein Company LLC? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Weinstein Company LLC reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for The Weinstein Company LLC CEO Bob Weinstein. All 12 reviews posted anonymously by The Weinstein Company LLC employees.