The Woodbridge Group

Not yet rated.

Charles Daly

my insite

Engineering Tech (Current Employee) Chattanooga, TN

Prosworld wide company in the tech foam ind,

Consrunning too lean projects would be completed in a timely manner with more staff

Advice to Senior Managementschedule, and use your resources wisely and not for whims

You need to be Canadian.

ProsPlants all over the world but not a lot of room for advancement.

ConsCanadian's get better treatment than American's in salary and job security. They will keep money losing plant open in Canada..

Advice to Senior ManagementWalk the talk.

Felt like working in a plantation.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Lansing, MI

ProsThey offer a 401k matching policy up to $500. The health benefits are somewhat reasonable, especially the dental health coverage and vision.

ConsThe management has a i'm the boss, do what i say attitude. They believe the worker is always wrong and refuse to look at the whole picture to come up with a strategy to improve performance or efficiency. Long hours, hard work with inefficient tools designed by people who have never tried out the machines to see how they work.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey need to realize listening to suggestions from the people who use the tool everyday on how to improve the tools might not be such a bad thing.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good Place

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFriendly to new hires, with an extensive training program. Very safety orientated company. Small plant allowed everyone to know each other by name.

ConsHigh pace, high stress automotive environment. Tension between salary and hourly employees. Plant floor could be extremely hot and uncomortable during the summer. Lots of overtime and weekend work required.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave fluid communication between all levels of workers. Don't expect miracles for last minute problems.

It was good experience and I got opportunity to learn many new things

Student Engineer (Former Employee) Woodbridge, ON (Canada)

ProsWell Reputed and leader company in the Industry.

ConsI did not come across any as I was a co-op student there.

Invaluable experience.

Quality Manager (Former Employee) Kitchener, ON (Canada)

ProsWoodbridge makes Lean Manufacturing work.

ConsA niche product and series of processes that are very technical in nature.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on with what your doing it works!

Horrible

Senior Analyst/Programmer (Former Employee) Mississauga, ON (Canada)

ProsIf you call these pros; There was not much time to deal with paper work since there was a lot of "urgent" problems at the same time, there is no QA to deal with and had a chance to play with around 25 servers

ConsWasted my 7 years, dealt with the worst managers that I've seen in my 30+ years of career. Witnessed millions of dollars thrown away, discrimination, stupidity, back stabbing and many more ...

Advice to Senior ManagementFire all managers in IT department and restructure everything from scratch. Listen to people who really do the job, not the ass-kissers

Intern

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgood work environment, friendly co-workers, good team leaderships, clean environment

Conspay is somewhat low and location was remote

It was a great place to work out of school.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLots of responsibilities opportunities. People are very friendly. Safety is a top priority for the company. Global company that offers opportunities to explore different countries.

ConsBecoming a commodity only company. Sale force is growing and technology group is downsizing. The owner is no longer involved and he was the life line of the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementTop level management need to be on the same page.

Manager

Manager Talent (Current Employee) Mississauga, ON (Canada)

ProsStrong culture and clear vision for the future. Great opportunities if you want to be mobile locally and globally.

ConsNo clear visibility on reward and compensation. Not sure who and why people get promoted.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore communication, more involvement at floor level

Worked for The Woodbridge Group? Contribute to the Community!