ThedaCare

Be The First To
Add Photos

Dean Gruner

4 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Good Company to work for if your looking for job security

Business Analyst II (Current Employee)
    Appleton, WI

ProsJob Security - You never have to fear of losing your job due to ThedaCares No Lay Off policy.
    Pay scale is fair.
    Management lets you know your appreciated.

ConsHeavy Workload - salaried employees put in many hours.
    Benefits aren't the best.

Advice to Senior ManagementMany members of the management team are out of touch with the daily work. For them to better understand their staff, it would be helpful if they could have insight into an average days work load.

RN

Registered Nurse (Current Employee)
    Appleton, WI

ProsGreat Coworkers. Average pay. Newer facilities. Located in a safe community. Good place to raise kids. Used to be a great place to work.

ConsManagement is completely out of touch with nurses. Very poor ability to take even one day off unless scheduled a year in advance. Everyone, in every department, is afraid of getting fired. Mass exodus of nurses this last year, still not done. They don't value speciality nurses, want people who can flex to all units. Too many chiefs

Advice to Senior ManagementCome down from the tower and see what the workers do. Value those who make money for your company. Get decent insurance!

Solid

Registered Nurse (Former Employee)

ProsGood benefits, promote from within, Solid Wisconsin employer

ConsLocation - Wisconsin weather is difficult to tolerate

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Would be hard to find a better company to work for!!!!!!!

IT Analyst (Current Employee)
    Appleton, WI

ProsThedacare is a very nice organization to work for with many different job opportunities and they seem to prefer to hire within, so lots of growth possibilities. They are very committed to using the "Lean/Simpler principles, and management seems open to new ideas, or at least my reporting manager does. They are well respected healthcare org in the community so working for them is easy to do. They have a "no layoff philosophy", so co-workers and I feel pretty secure working for the org. The benefits are ok, a bit expensive, vacation time allowances are about as good as it gets. For the most part I am thrilled to work for Thedacare, and have done so for 10 years now. Lots of people have in over 20 years of employment, turn over is very low. They employ about 5000 people and most I talk to seem very happy with the company.

ConsHealth benefits are a bit expensive, but most likely not worse than others companies.
    They are able to keep the no layoff philosophy by not doing a lot of hiring, so workload can be tough to manage at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow your IT staff some work at home days which would be meeting free and free of constant disruptions. I have no doubt more would get accomplished on those home days.

Worked for ThedaCare? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ThedaCare reviews and ratings in Appleton, WI — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for ThedaCare CEO Dean Gruner. All reviews posted anonymously by ThedaCare employees.