ThedaCare

Be The First To
Add Photos

Dean Gruner

Educational

Registered Nurse (Former Employee)

I worked at ThedaCare full-time for more than 10 years

ProsDiversified as there are many positions in this company

ConsToo many upper management layers

Advice to Senior ManagementAs you talk about Lean Healthcare it appears that there may be too much spending at the top and not enough "lean" there; as you can only take so much out of the people actually doing the work.

The organization is going through multiple internal changes that are negatively impacting employees.

Registered Nurse (Current Employee)

I have been working at ThedaCare full-time for more than 10 years

ProsThere is a strong co-worker support system and a wonderful collaborative relationship with providers. High standards are the rule.

ConsThere is a lack of listening to the staff when it comes to how to provide quality care to patients. There is a complete disrespect for work-life balance and threats of lay off if staff voice concerns.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the people at the bedside. You trust them with the patients life but don't trust their opinions on how to provide the best care.

Good Company to work for if your looking for job security

Business Analyst II (Current Employee)

I have been working at ThedaCare full-time for more than 5 years

ProsJob Security - You never have to fear of losing your job due to ThedaCares No Lay Off policy.
Pay scale is fair.
Management lets you know your appreciated.

ConsHeavy Workload - salaried employees put in many hours.
Benefits aren't the best.

Advice to Senior ManagementMany members of the management team are out of touch with the daily work. For them to better understand their staff, it would be helpful if they could have insight into an average days work load.

A great place to work

I have been working at ThedaCare full-time

ProsGreat culture and good people

ConsI have no cons to report

One big family

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at ThedaCare full-time for more than 10 years

ProsEmployees constantly challenged to improve organization and improvement ideas are respected and implemented. Courteous corporate climate; reasonable wages/benefits. Co-workers mostly supportive and collaborative. "No layoff policy".

ConsInadequate support of low - mid level management. Employees "heard" only when presenting ideas to improve organization. Significant favoritism in transfers/promotions. Constant changes in patient care areas are confusing for staff and don't engender patient confidence. Due to changes in health care reimbursement, "no layoff policy" has created more liberal "termination policy". Organization suffering growing pains.

Advice to Senior ManagementWalk the talk.

Clerical

I have been working at ThedaCare full-time for more than 10 years

ProsNot any I can think of.

ConsThe administrations attitude is it is their way or the high way. They tell you that you can be replaced. They encourage telling on your co-works. Even if it is something minimal. And the employee you tattle on could be let go for whatever you tattle on them for. Medical insurance is overpriced and has poor coverage.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees like people.

Solid

Registered Nurse (Former Employee)

I worked at ThedaCare full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGood benefits, promote from within, Solid Wisconsin employer

ConsLocation - Wisconsin weather is difficult to tolerate

ThedaCare

Lab Biller (Current Employee)
Neenah, WI

I have been working at ThedaCare full-time for less than a year

ProsThey are flexible with hours. They pay is good. There is a no layoff policy.

ConsThey hire a lot of relief on call people so they don't have to pay out benefits. The no layoff policy does not include those who work relief on call.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow relief on call people who work at least 16 hours a wk to earn PTO. Management should learn the job of the department they are managing to get a better understanding of their jobs.

Would be hard to find a better company to work for!!!!!!!

IT Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at ThedaCare

ProsThedacare is a very nice organization to work for with many different job opportunities and they seem to prefer to hire within, so lots of growth possibilities. They are very committed to using the "Lean/Simpler principles, and management seems open to new ideas, or at least my reporting manager does. They are well respected healthcare org in the community so working for them is easy to do. They have a "no layoff philosophy", so co-workers and I feel pretty secure working for the org. The benefits are ok, a bit expensive, vacation time allowances are about as good as it gets. For the most part I am thrilled to work for Thedacare, and have done so for 10 years now. Lots of people have in over 20 years of employment, turn over is very low. They employ about 5000 people and most I talk to seem very happy with the company.

ConsHealth benefits are a bit expensive, but most likely not worse than others companies.
They are able to keep the no layoff philosophy by not doing a lot of hiring, so workload can be tough to manage at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow your IT staff some work at home days which would be meeting free and free of constant disruptions. I have no doubt more would get accomplished on those home days.

Family Atmosphere

I have been working at ThedaCare

ProsEveryone was wonderful to work with

ConsThe company took on too many problems at once

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Worked for ThedaCare? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ThedaCare reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for ThedaCare CEO Dean Gruner. All 11 reviews posted anonymously by ThedaCare employees.