TheraCare of New York

Updated October 17, 2014
Updated October 17, 2014
2.0

Rafael Didal

Decent pay, good benefits, poor work environment

I worked at TheraCare of New York full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits offered, generous PTO and holidays. I learned a lot working here and was able to take on various responsibilities. There are good people working here, no conflicts or anyone you would have a problem working with.

Cons

Empty promises of advancement from upper management. Doing the job of three people but being paid for one. Some departments were a revolving door for employees. Most coworkers are cranky and don't want to be there.

Recognize your hardworking employees better. Also pay better attention to the atmosphere in the office, it has a big influence on employee performance.

Wish I could go back!

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in New Rochelle, NY
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in New Rochelle, NY

I worked at TheraCare of New York full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They know how to treat there employees. They recognize the hard work you do, they have various locations, and pay is good.

Cons

Didn't take into consideration of what the employee is going through before letting them go.

take time to find out why an employee who did stellar work turns around and do less then stellar work all of a sudden. Maybe try to find out what the employee may be going through before letting them go.

Horrific!!!!

I worked at TheraCare of New York as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

NONE. This company is losing workers and contractors at high speed!

Cons

Mismanaged company.
    This company consistently has NYC EIOD's who are frequently at local offices.

Horrific management. You will not get paid for your services!! WARNING!!

Do not trust this company

Former Employee - Service Coordinator in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Service Coordinator in New York, NY

I worked at TheraCare of New York full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good co- workers , learned a lot about the process of EI, the fact that I am no longer there

Cons

Work people like slaves; ungrateful for people's hard work ; hired under false pretenses ; recruiters lie to get you in; horrible mgmt; unable to make money as a. " fee for service" SC; country club like atmosphere and unprofessional upper mgmt

Pay people what they are worth; treat ppl with respect; open your eyes to your high turnover; stop messing with people's careers

Great service, horrible upper management

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in New York, NY

I have been working at TheraCare of New York full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They provide a great service to children with developmental disabilities. The clinical staff for the most part are amazing.

Cons

Horrible upper management, promotions and raises are given to those who do not deserve it. The company does not appreciate the little workers.

If you are not bff's or family you are going no where in this comp

I have been working at TheraCare of New York full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

pay is ok to start

Cons

No growth at all unless youre friends and family

Do not work here

I worked at TheraCare of New York

Pros

The only good part of this job I can think of is Good coworkers. Unfortunately I just have to stop there because management was a night mare

Cons

Management will take advantage of you. I was given paper work during last minute and asked to do them during my vacation time. They are completely shameless. There were things done here that I could not associate myself with so I left the job. This place is a night mare and do not work here.

Practice talking to employee like they are respectful adults not your slaves, then take responsibility for your own mistake

Don't contract with TheraCare

Former Employee - Occupational Therapist in New Rochelle, NY
    Former Employee - Occupational Therapist in New Rochelle, NY

I worked at TheraCare of New York as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Westchester agency provides EI and CPSE services to a large geographical area. Most of the staff are friendly and easy to communicate with.

Cons

After working as an independent contractor with them for over a year, I discovered that I had not been paid for many sessions that I had provided. Their billing process is not electronic and is very cumbersome.The person in charge of processing billing had been fired (I wonder why?), but the administration took no responsibility for her mistakes. I am pursuing collection via small claims court for approximately $1,000.

Accept responsibility for errors made by former employees. At least attempt civil, respectful compromise.

Great people, questionable management

Current Employee - Supervisor in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Supervisor in New York, NY

I have been working at TheraCare of New York full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Staff are wonderful, best intentions to help the population served. Each office has a different culture so you can find a niche.

Cons

Management out of touch with staff creating poor morale. Few and far between CoL raises, but then unexplained raises and performance bonuses for poor performers. Resentment for those who meet and exceed targets and work extra hours. Really poor management decisions in these areas.

Find your mission, it isn't in your margin or how large your bonuses are while the workers suffer? Better morale goes a long way toward improved company bottom lines. Better, more efficient reorganization also helps, not random cuts in critical areas.

I worked at TheraCare of New York

Pros

It is a large agency so if you're not looking for much support and want to be left alone (really alone), then this is a what place.

Cons

They don't prioritize your issues. The main person in HR does not fully disclose a lot of important information and is almost impossible to get a hold of. Nobody really cares to help you solve problems you may be having.

Get a new team