TheraCom

Updated May 19, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Chip Phillips

everyday was a learning experience

Benefits Investigator (Current Employee)
    Rockville, MD

Prosdress policy (business casual), casual jean fridays, work at own pace.

Conscompensation not so good; it's all about who you know.

Advice to Senior Managementcompensation needs to be better.

Reimbursement Counselor

Senior Reimbursement Counselor (Current Employee)
    Rockville, MD

ProsDecent pay, relaxed dress codes, ok training, work at your own pace.

ConsLow pay compaired to the region, little to no option for advancement unless you are in the click

Advice to Senior ManagementUP the pay rate

Great place to gain experience, but horrible management

Senior Reimbursement Counselor (Former Employee)
    Rockville, MD

ProsGreat place to gain experience, entry level, variety of schedules

ConsBad management, not a lot of room for growth, unfair pay

Advice to Senior ManagementThe way you treat your employees directly reflect upon how they treat their job. If you treat them like children, they will act like children.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Ok place to start, but not to grow

Manager (Current Employee)
    Rockville, MD

ProsA good learning experience, opportunity to learn and polish work experience skills that are useful. Great place if you are in the beginning of your career. No shortage of work once you are a full time employee. If you eager to grow and have a good attitude and work ethic, there is some room for advancement. Even if you don’t get promoted, if you are proactive and ask for more exposure to other tasks, there is opportunity to learn new experiences that may help you find another job.

ConsI have witness first hand experience of qualified candidates being passed for promotions because they are “too important in there role” or “hard to replace” to be promoted. I have seen people with less experience at lower pay grades get promoted over more qualified, experienced, and educated employees. Much has to due with politics. It is not what you know, rather who you know that gets you promoted.

Advice to Senior ManagementUneducated and unethical management. Some managers do not have college degrees or understand the basic management terminology. Management fails to use proper techniques to lead and motivate people. Leadership workshops have been provided to us Managers, however many fail to implement these new techniques and are uncomfortable with trying new things.

Desperate people only need apply

Patient Support Program (Call Center) (Former Employee)
    Rockville, MD

ProsDecent pay and benefits (but not worth the aggrevation)

ConsHR and mgt. malicious and very unprofessional, treat employees like they are stupid or in kindergarten. I actually reported a coworker who was not doing his job but came off very 'smooth'ly, nothing hapened to him (minority) but I was fired for not doing what my manager wanted, which was unethical. Horrible policies, like attendance - no partial days (cannot take an hour for doctor's appointment), reprimanded for being late from lunch once - and I was salaried and regularly worked late!

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of your threatening HR and managers; prompte based on qualifications, NOT looks or likes.

Do yourself a favor and keep looking

Program Representative I (Former Employee)
    Rockville, MD

ProsGood benefits, did not have to work weekends

ConsVery unprofessional management. The pay is hardly enough to afford a studio in Rockville. Absolutely no support from co-workers. Very little opportunity for advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay closer attention to what lower management is doing.

Horrible

Xarelto Carepath Team Member (Former Employee)
    Monroeville, PA

ProsThe only good thing about that horrible place was that the benefits were decent, other than that it was terrible.

ConsThe management is extremely unprofessional. Everything is based on who you know and who you suck up to. There are people that are in charge of you that are not qualified. They will try to pay you as little as they can get away with and will try to find things to yell at you for.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe mature and professional, don't treat employees differently based on how much you like them or how much they suck up to you. Treat everyone with respect and not like they are children.

Former employee in the Monroeville, Pa location

(Former Employee)

ProsIt was an income (not much of one though). Although some of my co-workers were awesome.

ConsI have never been employed by a company that micro managed as much as their management team does. They worry more about putting people on corrective action instead of fixing the root cause of any given issue. Management also provided us with a lot of empty promises for promotions, bonuses, etc. They are also very ungrateful. Management lacks the ability to praise anyone for a good job done unless it's someone they like. This is not an opinion, this is what I have seen in more than one occasion.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire yourselves or hire a consultant that can train you that your employees should be number one on your list and not take them for granted just because they need a job.

TheraCom introduced me to career opportunities that I had been unaware of, and for that I thank them.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsRoutinely assessed and promoted accordingly.
    Team cohesiveness encouraged and rewarded.
    Well compensated for time, effort, and intelligence.
    Encouraged to grow within the company, benefiting your own future and that of the company.

ConsPersonal bias, tho prohibited, did interfere with management efficacy.
    Company prides themselves for ethics, but does retaliate on those who report policy violations.
    On site administrators' guidance and standard procedures differ too widely from those in corporate locations.
    Management too focused on micro-managing employees and often overlooked their own duties/responsibilities.

Advice to Senior ManagementEstablish solid guidelines for communication; never assume someone else has informed an employee of an important or sensitive issue.

Worked for TheraCom? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TheraCom reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for TheraCom CEO Chip Phillips. All 9 reviews posted anonymously by TheraCom employees.