Theranos

Updated Apr 2, 2014

Elizabeth Holmes

So much potential.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Palo Alto, CA

ProsCompetitive compensation. Good health/vision/dental/401K options (and more) for you and your family, plus life insurance provided by the company at no charge. Free meals served 3x per week, 7 days a week. Unlimited snack bars all the time and always very stocked. Can call security if you want take-out in the middle of the night. Fast-paced, highly productive, upbeat attitude throughout. Very personal because it's a startup. Can see the company growing each week, which is highly encouraging.

ConsHours can be long, but that's the story with any lab position. It goes by so quickly, I hardly ever notice. It's still a startup, which means there can be lack of organization. However, there are so many bright minds that the issue is noticed and resolved as quickly as it came up. It's exciting to watch things fall into place and be a part of the company solidifying.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone that I can think of. I'm very excited about the future of this company. It is headed in a good directions because upper management has such good motives.

Unorganized

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood pay, great coworkers on the bench

ConsNot very organized, not a lot of feedback from management (they are all over the place), poor communication across the board.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate with your employees more, hire more qualified candidates to help meet hard deadlines.

Very poor unprofessional managemrnt

Senior Scientist (Current Employee) Palo Alto, CA

ProsNot a lot to really say other than a pay check. Mu co workers are great, but here only because they need their job.

ConsNo priorities. No decisions. No clear communication of where we are going. HR department is a mess. No support to hire open requisitions / resources.

Advice to Senior ManagementBOD needs to replace all founders and executive management!

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

high caliber people

Staff Scientist (Current Employee) Palo Alto, CA

Prosget to work with smart and bright people. work makes impact and is great to see making progress. personally very satisfying and gratifying work. Pay is good

Conslot of work to do. rapid growth. very fast hiring process.

Advice to Senior Managementteam or group meetings with CEO are important. we should do more of these to understand your vision.

satisfied

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Palo Alto, CA

ProsI have worked here for over three years now and enjoyed it. it is nice to see people appreciate the impact of my work. small company allows me to make a direct impact. the quality of people is very high so great place to grow professionally.

Consaggressive deadlines. very fast changing environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to hire more managers and reduce team sizes. I think some junior managers cant manage too many people and too many deadlines.

House of Cards

Development (Current Employee) Palo Alto, CA

ProsAbove market pay, location, weather

ConsHelter Skelter, no synergy, unprofessional managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementClean house with our HR and recruiting staff, they are not getting the job done and alienate outstanding candidates.

Development programs require hiring and staffing to meet schedules.. we get no support to make this happen. When we do find qualified candidates, the antiquated recruiting process and political infighting causes hiring opportunities.

current employee review

Scientist (Current Employee) Palo Alto, CA

ProsI joined this company over a year ago. We were under the radar for long time and recently announced our products. Love the impact of our work. get to work with really good people. salary is good and the impact of our work makes it even more worth while.

Conscompany expects hard work. things move fast. very flat organization and if you are coming from large company like me then this could be both refreshing and somewhat confusing.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to hire more people. this will help us achieve deadlines.

Great place for innovation and Learning

Engineer (Current Employee) Palo Alto, CA

Prosvery smart people, very flat organization. excellent place to learn and grow and do cool things. The teams are very professional and very collaborative.

ConsMost people work long hours and deadlines are aggressive.

Advice to Senior Managementneed healthier food.

all good science must serve humanity

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Palo Alto, CA

ProsI got into science becuase of opportunity to do work that I am proud of. I am happy to be at this company as I think the work we are doing will do good. pay is good, great organic fruit for snacks.

Constoo new to complain. I will come back and write more after I have been here for a year sicne I found the company on glass door last month :-)

Advice to Senior Managementrunning out of space again. in 6 months we will need more space.

Anonymous

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Palo Alto, CA

ProsHIgh Growth and quite a few talent people in the company

ConsLong Hours and understaffing and lack of company organization.

Worked for Theranos? Contribute to the Community!