Therapy 2000

Jerre van den Bent

Great Place to work

Current Employee - Physical Therapist in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Physical Therapist in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Therapy 2000 full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Growing, innovative company, industry leaders, therapy owned, and almost all the managers are therapists too

Cons

Keeping up with all the changes with the Medicaid plans is just about impossible, the electronic chart is not great, it's not very intuitive, initial evals are way time consuming, daily notes are not too bad

definitely keep investing in your employees, invest more in IT, get a better electronic chart!!

Great learning company

I have been working at Therapy 2000

Pros

Free In house CEUs
    Pays mileage

Cons

Raises not given on a regular basis
    Remaining fully staffed is difficult
    Unorganized

Go back to annual reviews to determine raises.

Mission-Driven Organization with Positive, Fun Work Environment

I have been working at Therapy 2000

Pros

Highly ethical company with strong focus on clinical excellence, education and specialty programs. Small teams with easily accessible managers in the field. Industry leaders in regards to professional and legislative advocacy. Free quality in-house continuing education for all employees. Mentoring available to enhance clinical skills.

Cons

Healthcare is such a dynamic and changing industry. THERAPY 2000 does a great job of staying ahead of the curve and proactively responding to industry changes by constantly looking for ways to improve and get better.

Continue advocating for our clinical professions as a leader within our industry.

Cutting-edge of Pediatric Home Therapy

I have been working at Therapy 2000 full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Innovative organization focused on providing evidence based treatment and evaluation. Career enrichment opportunities are available for staff that are very rare in this industry. Lots of training available. Lots of support.

Cons

None. The healthcare industry as a whole requires a lot of flexibility since expectations are always changing, but THERAPY 2000 tries hard to manage those challenges.

Continue challenging the industry status quo. Continue investing in your employees and their development, particularly managers.

Change in Culture Creates Dissatisfaction

Current Employee - Speech-Language Pathologist

I have been working at Therapy 2000 full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The highest ethical standards, autonomy without micro-management for field staff. Leader in working with HHSC, TMHP and other home health agencies for the best patient outcomes. Management geared to keep fieldstaff happy.

Cons

Constant change without stability is stressful to employees. Once reaching a management level, communication is spotty, the criticism level is high & very few positive kudos offered. The newest changes are not supportive of current staff or of growth opportunities. The lack of trust leads to much gossiping & feeling uncertain.

Value the people you have and find a way to give positive feedback to people in management.

Owner promises bonuses and profit sharing but never gives them. Hostile Work Atmosphere, very negative.

Former Employee - Community Liaison in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Community Liaison in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Therapy 2000 full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Can't think of any, at all....

Cons

Micromanagement at its worst. The pay is not good for the work required. Pay raises are promised according to merit, yet the highest rate increase you can get is 1%. Owner (Jerre Van Der Bent) promises profit sharing at a certain date, and then goes on a two month tour of Europe and leaves the HR department to send out an email stating that no bonuses will be given due to losses within the company.

Why bother???.. It falls on deaf ears. Jerre even brings in professional consultants to interview employees and disregards all the advice given. Get a working email system and fax machines. We are in the 21st century, surely someone can figure this out.

Not the place I want to be but not a terrible company

Current Employee - Speech-Language Pathologist

I have been working at Therapy 2000 part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Pretty good benefits for part time and full time staff, friendly office staff, fair amount of patients readily available.

Cons

We as therapists are subjected to constant nagging by upper management and treated like children at times. I have serious qualms about a company who does not allow me to use my professional judgment and recommend frequency of treatment because it's dictated by an insurance company. This company also goes on and on and beats productivity and attendance into the ground. Annual performance reviews are a joke and set the therapist up for failure.

Not good

I have been working at Therapy 2000 full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Some of the benefits were okay. Working with the patients was rewarding. Good continuing education reimbursement. Provided some scheduling flexibility.

Cons

Atmosphere was negative and hostile at times. Yearly employee satisfaction survey results were ignored when therapists provided any criticism. The pay was not good. A company in the midst of constant change and NOT for the better.

Why bother? Management never listens.

An interesting, professionally enriching, but ultimately disappointing experience.

Former Employee - Speech Therapist in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Speech Therapist in Dallas, TX

I worked at Therapy 2000 full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Highly ethical management team, good compensation, great benefits. Professional ethics and standards are supported because company ensures compliance and supports use of evidence-based therapies. Professional development is supported: Company pays dues and provides Therapists with generous access to excellent on-site CEU events. I found it gratifying to work for an employer that energetically contributes to the communities it serves, at a level that is actually philanthropic. (Owner established a foundation to benefit children with disabilities, helpful fun-days were held to benefit and entertain clients and their families, "Walks" to benefit disability groups were supported with management and staff participation, etc.)

Cons

Management uses a carrot-and-stick strategy to stimulate staff performance and compliance. The "sticks" were fair enough. But In my experience, the "carrot" aspect was cheesy and tiresome, with a kind of game-show array of prizes for performance on such criteria as referring a new employee, or returning items in a timely manner to the library of assessment instruments and therapy materials. Pep-club atmosphere was cloying. The explicit or implied obligation to participate in all those valuable community outreach events and in employee "entertainments" felt burdensome to a person with family obligations, whose tastes don't run to activities like bowling or visiting the race track.

I think Management is managing quite well and needs no advice from me!

My experience with Therapy 2000 has been exceptional! Best work place in DFW!

Current Employee - Division Director in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Division Director in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Therapy 2000 full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The values of the company are phenomenal. High expectations, great benefits, quality of care, values employees. Very diverse company with domestic partner benefits. Progressive thinking company! So much potential for career development and enhancement.

Cons

Some would say lots of change, but I love it! Keeps you on your toes and is representative of a progressive company.

Keep empowering the employees! Great things come from those that feel empowered!