Think Finance

Updated September 10, 2014
3.5

Think Finance CEO Martin Wong
Martin Wong

Great culture and fun place to work

Current Employee - Compliance  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Compliance in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Think Finance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Like minded people wanting to get a good product out the door and enjoy working together. There is a strong feeling of "I can get things done". Never a dull moment.

Cons

To say that there are any Cons would be hard. There are always gaps in what some people or teams are trying to do in contrast to You or your team. But the company works hard to keep everyone on track and give them the time and ability to be their best.

Keep it up!

Disorganized and hectic with poor managers

Former Employee - SCCM - Level I  in  Addison, TX
    Former Employee - SCCM - Level I in Addison, TX

I worked at Think Finance as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

- Good location
    - Great café downstairs
    - Some smart helpful people

Cons

- Direction and priorities change CONSTANTLY
    - If you're a contractor, you are treated like a 2nd class citizen, despite being required to work like a full-time employee.
    - When brought in, you're told that you'll be 'brought in full-time' if they like you. When that time comes, you get the "well, the budget...." song-and-dance. To that end, I was told by my boss to stay late and get stuff done. When it came time to approve my timesheet (which had 42 hours instead of 40), I was interrogated as to why I had 2 hours of overtime. When I explained HE TOLD ME to stay, the back-pedaling started and I was told to get it approved in the future.

Lose a lot of your middle management

stink finance

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Think Finance full-time for more than a year

Pros

none, company culture seems friendly at first

Cons

sweat shop, they pay well, but expect you to work 24x7

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Don't waste of your time

Former Employee - Marketing Manager  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Think Finance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Competitive salary but you'll get sucked into the Think Finance vortex.

Cons

You'll have wasted a couple years of your career with nothing to show for it due to power games between teams. Interviewer kept saying that Think Finance is planning to go for IPO in 2015. well..... Payday lender goes to IPO??

Please DO NOT tell a lie to your employees!!

Great Company

Current Employee - Risk Analyst  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Risk Analyst in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Think Finance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Casual dress code
    Good benefits
    Awesome culture

Cons

Rapid growth then layoffs happen

Undecided...

Current Employee - Business Analyst
    Current Employee - Business Analyst

I have been working at Think Finance full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've come to grow to love the company that I work for... certain coworkers of which have now become friends..
    Pay is great! benefits are awesome, we have the ability to work from home, take off whenever needed...
    Think Finance is like family... but a dysfunctional family... Let me elaborate

Cons

1. Management and processes fly by the seats of their pants
    2. They don't seem to learn from their mistakes
    3. Some of management take their employees for granted, treating them like their efforts are a waste of time, making them feel like their are idiots.... Some of them persecute without even extending you a trial to defend yourself.
    4. Management and processes deflate employee moral... As we don't know if we are suppose to be going are coming...
    5. Lack of direction because management seems to be busy doing everyone else job
    6. Huge silo's
    7. Ego's keep us from moving forward
    8. Good old boy system
    9. We work harder not smarter
    10. No defined processes, tools or workflows to establish standards
    11. On-boarding process basically leaves one to drown, if no one else try to jump in and save you
    12. They over look hard working employees capping them from growing in the organization and will hire a complete stranger to do the exact job that the faithful employee has been doing
    13. Development projects operate with an open checkbook... no commitment to an approved end set of requirements
    14. We have seen and experienced mass exodus.... of key employees {That should be an eye opener}
    15. Very stressful, chaotic, high-paced environment and if the company is going to require us to perform so many evasive maneuvers then they need to equipped us with the right tools
    16. Company needs to set down with lower level employees and understand our pain points, issues, concerns and problems
    17. One and done concept forces us to satisfy so many different audiences, causing extensive rework to gain approval from the mindset of various stakeholders and even ppl that are not approves of the projects
    18. Task seem to be more of a throw away and don't actually come to life
    19. Creativity seems capped now
    20. Employees are drained and the passion that we once had is dying and their are management members that are watching us dye off...

FIXED US BEFORE YOU LOSE US!
    I LOVE THIS COMPANY BUT I HATE THE DIRECTION THAT WE ARE GOING IN...
    TAKE THE TIME OUT TO SPEND A DAY IN THE LIFE OF THE LOWER LEVEL EMPLOYEES AND THEN YOU WILL UNDERSTAND THE CONs THAT PEOPLE HAVE BEEN REPORTING ON THIS SITE.
    WE ARE BROKEN, CAN YOU PLEASE HELP TO FIX US?

Signed I love the company, but I'm not in love with it anymore....

Great place to work.. horrible products.

I have been working at Think Finance

Pros

Happy hours.. keg in the office every other friday. Super casual - no dress code.

Cons

Management changes directions faster than a super ball.. be prepared for sudden stops.

Spend more time gathering information from lower level employees.. you don't know what is going on soon enough and it causes sudden "revelations" and much wasted effort and resources.

I am very happy working at Think Finance

I have been working at Think Finance full-time for more than a year

Pros

This is a fantastic place to work. Just about everything is a Pro and I hate to list them as one may seem to have priority over the other.

Location (Fort Worth my favorite - or Addison if you prefer)
    Competitive pay.
    Dress Code
    Frequent and Honest communication from management
    Opportunities

Cons

It is hard to understand the mindset of our customers. They want/need our products, but they accept great cost in order to have access to quick money. One has to wonder what is so important they are willing to pay these high interest rates. I think the company responsibly lends money. There is no secret to what you are getting in to. Many of our customers are repeat customers.

The velocity of change at Think Finance is difficult for some. I like it.

Excellent Organization From Top to Bottom

Current Employee - Programmer  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Programmer in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Think Finance full-time for less than a year

Pros

Think has a laid back environment with decent benefits, time off and competent management. My managers really listen to my feedback and implement improvements. They also check in regularly to ensure I feel my career growth is being maximized.. They recognize well.

Cons

Regulatory uncertainty has lead to layoffs that were very disheartening. The pace of change is breakneck with the common office phrase a month is like a year elsewhere holding true. Despite the emphasis on health the job itself doesn't always promote good practices for long term health. At times it seems like the company is so short term focused the long term suffers.

Work to plan for breakneck times before they are upon us. Try to maintain work-life balance better for employees down the line. Look at ways to reduce the overall stress caused by the fast pace.

Running Too Hot

Former Employee - IT Manager  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - IT Manager in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Think Finance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Innovative products, some good people, compensation pretty good, but be prepared for long hours and constant redirection.

Cons

Most often there are unrealistic timeframes to accomplish work. Work/life balance is out of whack. There are high walls built between groups which does not facilitate deep collaboration. The result is mistrust and too much politics being played. Reorganization occurs every other month. Middle mgmt. more worried about keeping their jobs than building great products.

Do some root cause analysis and fix some of the reoccurring problems! Cycles of rapid expansion and then dramatic downsizing and collapse makes for unstable workforce.

Worked for Think Finance? Contribute to the Community!