Thomas L. Cardella & Associates

22 reviews filtered by
2.3
Thomas L. Cardella & Associates President Tom Cardella
Tom Cardella

1. Great People! -they make it fun to come to work!

I have been working at Thomas L. Cardella & Associates

Pros

The team leaders make it fun to work there - contests, games, and they help you reach your goals. (Which also means more money!) They really make you want to work hard for your team. Fun events and charity events, too.

Cons

Wish some employees would be more professional, but management knows and they are starting to spread the word that it will not be tolerated.

Advice to Management

Improved health benefits would help. I recently heard where some centers were offering paid time off for referrals - wish you would do that all the time. Extra time off really helps people with families.

2. tsr

I have been working at Thomas L. Cardella & Associates

Pros

talking with the people on the phone

Cons

unprofessionalism of customers, the work enviroment is not controlled

Advice to Management

Listen to the agents

3. Most horrible working experience of my career. CEO is a compete tool.

Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in Cedar Rapids, IA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in Cedar Rapids, IA

I worked at Thomas L. Cardella & Associates

Pros

There were some good people working there who I remain friends with today. Plus the complete abuse and mistreatment makes me appreciate how good I have it in my current job.

Cons

Total joke CEO. His solution to everything is try and force everyone to work 60+ hours a week if they are on salary or find ways to dock pay if you are hourly. Tom just runs around screaming at everyone telling them how awful of a job they are doing and that if they don't "get their (expletive) together" he will just "fire the whole team".

There is zero HR controls in place. People are selling drugs out of the work place; having sex with each other to get promotions. CEO is sleeping with one of his employees, that I know of and he's a known coke addict. Once a pissed off wife came in and punched out a female employee because her husband, also an employee, was sleeping with her.

Advice to Management

Get a clue and run a real business.

You will hate your life if you work here

Current Employee - Call Center Agent in Cedar Rapids, IA
    Current Employee - Call Center Agent in Cedar Rapids, IA

I have been working at Thomas L. Cardella & Associates full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Sometimes your supervisors are cool if you get lucky. There's a lot of great people that work there and it isn't bad for your very first full time job. You do get paid time off.

Cons

Well first of all they have this thing called an attendance bonus which is like $1.25 per hour extra. But if you clock in even just a minute late one day you lose it for the entire week whether you had some kind of emergency or not. It's an extremely stressful job with someone always breathing down your back and even when you do something right there's always something wrong to go with it. Management is a joke. Not one of them takes their jobs seriously and they are all walking HR issues. The whole place is a joke.

6. Stressful Call Center

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Coralville, IA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Coralville, IA

Pros

I have met a lot of great people (co-workers) from this job. And frequently there are opportunities to advance within the company. Sales bonus opportunities.

Cons

There have been changes in the bonus structure that make it much more difficult to receive bonus. You are always dealing with un-happy customers. You are their cable/internet provider. You will be screamed at more times than not.

Advice to Management

Try harder to ween the employees that would not be suited for the job prior to the 5 week training class. Really coach your team members. Don't give up on them when they ask the same question twice, try explaining it another way that can help the agents remember and do better going forward.

7. I would consider it to be a very fast growing company.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

I have been working at Thomas L. Cardella & Associates full-time (more than a year)

Pros

A lot of growth opportunities.

Cons

To get ahead, you have to put in a lot of hours.

Advice to Management

Management is great! Keep making your employees feel appreciated!

8. Positive growth opportunity.

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Cedar Rapids, IA
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Cedar Rapids, IA

Pros

The company is very flexible in so many aspects. Ive made sure that at least on my particular program, and i know this also to be true on others, that if you have life events going on such as having a child, going to school, daycare issues, we work with you. Its not a simple, this is your schedule, work it or your fired. Having this kind of flexibility is one of this companies greatest attributes. Does every program offer this? No. But the vast majority will work with every employee to maintain a working relationship. We want you to work, we want you to get paid, we want to keep you here!
    The people i work with are some of the best ive had the privelege of working with. Its a very friendly environment, lots of smiling, laughing, and making sure we are succeeding individually, as a team, and as a company.
    Ive personally made sure that anytime i see an individual who is punctual, hard working, and a natural leader, that they are promoted into supervisory roles or at least given the opportunity to try. Not one person has failed. Every person can succeed here if they really want to.

Cons

Is the company perfect? Absolutely not. But the benefits of working here far outway the cons.
    There may be negative people in every program. People that look for the negative in everything and will tell you about it at any opportunity. This is not an accurate reflection of the company, but peoples individual unhapiness being taken out on our processes.
    The attendance bonus is a common complaint but you wont lose it if you are here on time, leave when you're supposed to.
    Honestly any complaint I can write in here would not be my own, but complaints I've heard from others. I truly believe that your job is what you make of it and I love working here.
    If you focus on whats wrong with your job, you will never enjoy it.

Advice to Management

More company wide activity. I'd be willing to let employees throw pies or eggs or etc at me just for fun!

9. This is not a place you want to work at long term.

Former Employee - CSSR in Keokuk, IA
    Former Employee - CSSR in Keokuk, IA

I worked at Thomas L. Cardella & Associates full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The hourly pay isn't bad and you have the potential to earn bonus as well as work overtime.

Cons

Rude Supervisor, way to much favoritism, never knowing when you will get your bonus and if you do get it is it always right( NO) asking to use the restroom like a 4 year old and being told no you can't when your 7/8 months pregnant

Advice to Management

There needs to be a lot more training in certain areas and a little less training about things we never used. There needs to be an unbias Supervisors Supervisor and the regular employees need to feel safe in going to upper management about issues on the floor and it not be spread around to everyone via email and then the sups take it out on that person.

10. Overall ok place to work.

Former Employee - Agent in Coralville, IA
    Former Employee - Agent in Coralville, IA

I worked at Thomas L. Cardella & Associates full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good money for entry level job. laid back. Some room for advancement. can make up hours. attendance bonus. ok commision

Cons

Not a lot of training. very gossipy meaning if you're not part of the "in group" you're treated differently. If someone in management dislikes you, your work experience can be made miserable.

Advice to Management

Give more women opportunity for advancement. if someone is having trouble in a certain area, help them don't reprimand them.

11. Wasn't allowed to get the hang of things before being swapped

Former Employee - Telephone Sales Representative in Marshalltown, IA
    Former Employee - Telephone Sales Representative in Marshalltown, IA

I worked at Thomas L. Cardella & Associates full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I met some good people while working here. Dress code was easily obtainable. Not too many irate clients as we didn't "cold call" anyone.

Cons

No flexibility in scheduling, poor training for brand new telemarketers (mostly focused on updating "lifers" to current standards). Base pay rate was awful. I was constantly moved to different products. I worked there for 2 months and worked on 3 different products (each with it's own 1-2 weeks of training).

Advice to Management

Don't hire people who admit to not knowing sales tactics. They're gonna have a bad time.