Thomasnet

Be The First To
Add Photos

Eileen G. Markowitz

Great Place to Grow

Project Manager (Current Employee)

ProsIn the digital media department, all employees are tasked with their own duties, clients and workload, which is great to have the freedom to run your own schedule without annoying micromanagement—and management is open to new ideas to making the job/department more productive. Work hard, and you'll get recognized for it.

ConsIt'd be nice to have more flexibility with telecommuting, but I guess with calls and meetings, it can be tough to permit it.

Best Job I ever had

ProsThe Flexibility, income, and a great company to work for. You get out what you put in.

ConsCompanies direction is a bit hard to follow.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployee the sales force and control the production better.

Love it here!

Project Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsFun office environment with managers who truly care about their employees. We've had out-of-the-office team building activities, holiday gatherings (you can - and are encouraged - to dress up on Halloween!), birthday celebrations, and more. You become a part of the ThomasNet family from your very first day on the job. In addition, the work itself is interesting and engaging. You'll never be bored!

ConsIt's NYC, so occasionally you'll be on a call and have a really loud firetruck trying to get through traffic, with sirens blaring (happening as I type this). A little distracting when trying to discuss serious issues with a client. Also, the conference rooms are often very cold - sweaters mandatory.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue doing what you're doing. And healthy-food vending machines would be cool.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Stable Company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsBeen around for a long time. It has transitioned from print to web with a good business model. The sales force are good about no over promising on the packages sold. I met a lot of people who have been there a very long time.

ConsThey seem slow to change when it's really needed.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompany could do more for the employees with a matching 401K and maybe provide coffee.

They Go Through Sales Reps Like Water...

Telesales Account Executive (Former Employee) Horsham, PA

ProsCulture, freedom, and pleasant office environment. If your meeting your sales goals they are chill so I was ok but 90% of reps will never stay over 9 months IMO.

ConsHigh turn over due to unrealistic and mostly unattainable goals.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry selling what your expecting your employees to sell. The director of the office never sold one thing over the phone. Nepotism is rampant in NY main office.

Better Than Expected

Telesales Account Executive (Current Employee) Horsham, PA

ProsMade more money than originally promised in 1st year. Able to handle sale without involving another colleague. Monday to Friday hours allowing for time with friends and family.

ConsManagement continues to push the bar higher. Management are sticklers for getting to work on time. No cafeteria.

Awesome

Editor (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsIt's all about the people and the projects we get to work on. We have awesome people to work with and great projects to work on.

ConsCommuting in New York City can be tough.

Advice to Senior ManagementRaises for everyone and rock on!

Project Manager

Program Manager (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsIt is a really great team to work with; in particular, the ThomasNet.com crew. Overall, there is good leadership with a clear vision of how to grow the company. There are plenty of stimulating projects to work on. The benefits program is fair and they are generous with vacation and time off. I would definitely recommend ThomasNet as a good place to work. I only left to move to the West Coast and they sadly don't have an office there.

ConsNew York can be a tough place to live - I prefer Seattle.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more smart people and give everyone a raise. :-)

Good Job

National Sales Trainer (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsLeader in industrial marketing services to SMB
    Great Products
    Good Leadership and vision

Consworking with SMBs, they are very slow to make decisions

Sales Engineer

Project Manager - Engineer (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat Company, Lots of potential, great ideas, great team atmosphere,
    The job exposes you to a ton of different types of clients and marketing plans.

ConsThe only down side is the room to grow is little. you can reach the top very quickly.
    The sales management is slow to react and is quick to abandon.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe quick to change to market conditions.

Worked for Thomasnet? Contribute to the Community!