Thompson Creek Window Co.

www.thompsoncreek.com
  www.thompsoncreek.com

Thompson Creek Window Co. Reviews

Updated July 30, 2014
Updated July 30, 2014
3.5

Rick Wuest

As part of the marketing team, I am able to help customers improve their home with our quality products.

Current Employee - Marketing  in  Lanham, MD
    Current Employee - Marketing in Lanham, MD

I have been working at Thompson Creek Window Co. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Everyone here at Thompson Creek is so fun, outgoing and hard working. We definitely work hard and sometimes play even harder! There are so many perks to the job - everyone tries to make every day fun. We have department potlucks, food trucks for lunch on Fridays, tickets to sporting events, our annual Fishapalooza fishing event and opportunities to earn bonuses.

Cons

The only con I can think of working at Thompson Creek is my commute from Lanham to and from Annapolis sometimes in the summer. That OC traffic on route 50!

Everyone here at Thompson Creek is eager to learn about the growth and future of the company. We know we're expanding and look forward to what the future has to hold! Employees would love an update as soon as management knows the plan!

Good Company with better people

I have been working at Thompson Creek Window Co. full-time for more than a year

Pros

All of the people here are a joy to work with. Everyone is very friendly and open. The company values your time and wants you to get the most out of your job. There are so many opportunities to grow. Some of the perks are all of the company outings and events: Food Truck Fridays, Fishapalooza fishing contest on the Chesapeake, an annual Christmas party and annual Family Fun Day.

Cons

Thompson Creek started as a very small company and has grown vastly and is still steadfastly expanding, however, because of the "small business" it started as, some operations and procedures do not accommodate for the growth the company is experiencing, and can lead to hic-ups in improving strategy.

In talking with other employees, and from personal experience, senior management needs to let some of their power-hungry people go. Some of the managers will not let people below them authorize anything without their permission, small things that management shouldn't be worried about. People have too much power and that doesnt leave any room for growth because these people are afraid to give things up for fear of lost power - your title won't be stripped from you just because certain tasks have been given to other people

It has its ups and downs.

Current Employee - Field Marketer  in  Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Field Marketer in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at Thompson Creek Window Co. part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great coworkers to surround yourself with. Compensation is generous when earned. Company treats employees really well.

Cons

Battling against the climate. You must be willing to knock on doors during winter storms, thunderstorms, code red heat, etc. The tension received from prospects can be difficult to bear with.

Stop having us do outdoor field marketing during life threatening weather conditions.. And enough with the false hope.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great to customers but not employees

I have been working at Thompson Creek Window Co. full-time for more than a year

Pros

Co-workers are great, each department seems to have a great bond among its members
    Great Christmas party and events

Cons

Too much un-planned change - changing employee duties with no compensation
    Not enough training
    Too much favoritism
    Too Top heavy
    No work/life balance

HR needs to be more transparent, employees feel taken advantage
    Yearly salary increases

Rewarding Career Choice

I have been working at Thompson Creek Window Co. full-time for less than a year

Pros

Upper management values employees and aids in their growth and advancement.

Cons

Would love to have a location closer to Annapolis.

TPWC

Former Employee - Field Marketer  in  Lanham, MD
    Former Employee - Field Marketer in Lanham, MD

I worked at Thompson Creek Window Co. part-time for less than a year

Pros

Good hourly and commission
    Fun team members to work with.
    Very legit horizontally integrated company.

Cons

Weather. But its part of the job to be outside

Be Aware of Everything

Former Employee - Maryland  in  Lanham, MD
    Former Employee - Maryland in Lanham, MD

I worked at Thompson Creek Window Co. full-time for less than a year

Pros

If you are socialite and can carry the "Brouhaha" Marine-like mentality around company goals.. you'll fit in here quite nicely. The employees are very helpful! If you get stuck on something and need some understanding, the employees are happy to assist you with their knowledge and understanding of the field.

Cons

Be prepared to drive a lot! I was putting in 100 - 200 miles on my car daily! That can add up to a lot of expenditures. Gas and wear & tear on your car is not compensated for by the company so you will be spending you own money on your car's upkeep and mileage.

In addition, beware the managers! They will collaborate to induce your termination if they do not like you. Their is a lot of office politics going on here so be prepared to deal with it.

As an Equal Opportunity Employer, you should provide your staff with an EQUAL opportunity to sell. Managers should not be allowed to withhold leads from their sales staff based on personal feelings or disdain. The only time an employee should be limited in their interactions with potential customers should be as a result of poor performance and for the purpose of retraining. In addition, your company's metrics and the way employees are reviewed need to be revamped and modified. When a sales person arrives at a specified location to meet a client and where the client failed to meet that appointment, it should never be reviewed as an aspect of the sales person's performance.

Fair and Square

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative  in  Lanham, MD
    Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Lanham, MD

I worked at Thompson Creek Window Co. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

If you are truly a closer you will make $150K - $225K... Really!
    Great customer service and a very competitive product.
    Top tier leads for sales performance.
    A place where you can make a lot of money, save a lot of money and get out!

Cons

You will work 60+ hours/ week (don't pay attention to the schedule).
    Be ready drive 125-175 miles per day.
    You must be friendly and in a great relationship with the managers at all times.
    If you're not making at least $90K your job is always in jeopardy.
    If you're not in the top 10 or 15 you're not making $90K.
    There are 50+ outside reps at anytime. Quite a revolving door. Very few oldtimers.
    Managers can say what they want and however they want to say it to you.

Be more professional. Run the company on the inside the way that it is perceived from the outside.

not bad

Former Employee - Sales Support Representative  in  Lanham, MD
    Former Employee - Sales Support Representative in Lanham, MD

I worked at Thompson Creek Window Co. full-time for more than a year

Pros

team environment, fun company outings, room to grow

Cons

dont like working w a phone attached to my head all day, if you do you may like the csr position

Ok

Current Employee - Factory Representative  in  Lanham, MD
    Current Employee - Factory Representative in Lanham, MD

I have been working at Thompson Creek Window Co.

Pros

The Factory Representatives are great people, fun to work with

Cons

Schedule, it can be a long day appointments at 10am, 2pm and 6-7pm. Yes more appointments more opportunities for income. But your day can be over 10hrs long + travel time, and down time between appointments....

Worked for Thompson Creek Window Co.? Contribute to the Community!